Hi all,

My wife has a Q10 and has a lot of photos on it from the camera (our son was born 8 months ago). A couple weeks ago, she got a notification saying, "Media Card Almost Full - consider moving or deleting existing files".

She was looking at her device today for pictures and there were only 2 pictures in the camera folder. I went into settings > storage and access > device storage details and it only shows pictures at 7.2 MB.

Is it possible that the device deleted all the pictures? Is there a way to restore any of them? How can we avoid such an event in the future?

There is no SD card in the phone so they would have all be stored on the hard drive or whatever the equivalent is on a phone. Also, she wouldn't have backed up her device for a long time (8 months) as it would have been done on her work computer.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    05-28-15 06:17 PM
    without an SD card in the phone, all the pictures would have been kept on the device memory. If you have checked the folder and nothing exists, then you have lost them all. You have precious memories there being taken on your phone and you don't have an SD card? To avoid this next time, get a card and start saving your pictures on it instead of the device memory.

everytime you load an app or save a bbm chat or pay a game, you are adding data to the device memory....it needs what it needs to run.

Just to make sure you don't have the pictures, open file manager and check all the folders on the device memory....maybe, just maybe they are hiding somewhere....long shot i know.
    05-28-15 07:27 PM
    You're not alone. Pictures have disappeared on my Z10 recently too. I originally saved to my memory card which has lots of space, then switched to device storage in the hope that it would solve the issue. It did not. Now I email them to ensure I have copies.

Svein

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 09:43 PM
    Thanks for the replies.

It seems weird to me why it would delete without a notification to the user. Also, does it make sense that it would do a complete wipe of all the pictures on the device?

I guess I'm realising that I should stop using our phones as cameras which don't let you take pictures once the memory is full.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 09:21 AM
    Now happening on my Z30 as well. Apart from OS, the only other common denominator is the media card which was transferred over. I can see the pictures in blend, but not in Microsoft explorer when I select "show in explorer" in blend. If I restart the phone the pictures disappear.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 01:20 AM
    Another option,

Your device comes with Dropbox and box cloud storage, just enable auto camera uploads and your precious photos will be safe for ever.
    They are free as well.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 04:11 AM