Hi all

Can you recommend a firewall app for me since there's no native firewall in the OS? Native app of course, but I'll settle for an Android app if I must (guessing those won't work without root)

I'm looking for the typical features found in most Internet Security suites, such as blocking/allowing an IP range, specific ports and connections, bandwidth control (less important), internet kill-switch upon detecting certain behaviour (unlikely, but would be great). Just security stuff.

Thank you
    05-28-15 02:52 AM
    so you want this app to control the hardware firewall in your network? Does your router have a firewall? your workplace network has one, I'm sure. Why do you want one on your device?
    05-28-15 12:29 PM
    so you want this app to control the hardware firewall in your network? Does your router have a firewall? your workplace network has one, I'm sure. Why do you want one on your device?
    Hi,

it's like having a firewall software program on your computer. You'll notice that most anti-virus programs these days have a "Firewall" or "Internet Security" section, sometimes offered as a separate software, for example: Kaspersky Internet Security, Comodo Internet Security, etc.

This allows you to manage your own firewall settings on your own device, especially when you're connected to a network that isn't yours to manage (public, friends', work, etc.)

If there are such apps I'd like to take a look at them.
    06-01-15 12:30 AM