right now I have the iPhone 5s and I'm really getting tired of it and I want something fresh... I could sell this phone for 300 and buy a mint q10 for 100... How well does the phone run on 10.3.1 software and does it have Instagram being as I use that a lot... Oh yea I have sprint if that matters
    05-27-15 11:06 PM
    Exactly what I did as I was fed up with poor iPhone battery life AND the lack of a replaceable battery. Keeping a second battery in your pocket is quite easy.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 11:22 PM
    Run pretty well on 10.3.2.680. No issue yet.

Posted from kyuten
    05-28-15 12:35 AM
    right now I have the iPhone 5s and I'm really getting tired of it and I want something fresh... I could sell this phone for 300 and buy a mint q10 for 100... How well does the phone run on 10.3.1 software and does it have Instagram being as I use that a lot... Oh yea I have sprint if that matters
    go for it! it would be a nice decision!
    05-28-15 01:03 AM
    How common is the double type on the q10s... Seem like all blackberry a with keyboards have this issue dating back to the original curve and bold
    05-28-15 01:07 AM
    I have my Q10 since late September and no double-typing. But yes, it's a pretty common issue.
    Other than that, this phone could be really amazing depending on your needs.
    Mine runs better than ever on 10.3.2.680.
    05-28-15 01:17 AM
    How common is the double type on the q10s... Seem like all blackberry a with keyboards have this issue dating back to the original curve and bold
    The 2014 models are ok.

Posted via Q10Bold
    05-28-15 01:21 AM
    With that kind of money you can switch to the classic.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 03:19 AM
    Regarding Instagram - I don't think it runs great on Q10 or Classic.

There is nothing like the Instagram apps on Android / iOS in my opinion.
    Of course there are alternatives and yes you can get the native app from the Play store with a small bit of work, but it does not compare I'm afraid.

I am still buying myself a Q10 (waiting for it to arrive) but it is going to be used alongside my iPhone (the Q10 will have my main sim card in and the iPhone a second sim) as there are some things I just need to have from my iPhone. Instagram being the main one, a better camera and music sync wirelessely with my iTunes.

The Q10 will be used for sending texts, emails, calls, some social media like FB, Twitter etc. The iPhone just cannot compare to the communication side of the BB with the hub and keyboard. But in the same breath the BB cannot really replace the iPhone for me for the likes of Instgram, camera quality and music sync.

They will instead work together in harmony! Haha.
    05-28-15 03:20 AM
    Yes, 10.3.1 runs great, and probably will a lot of software versions to come.

And yes, you can have Instagram on the device.
    You have the option of either downloading the Android port, or downloading a native Third-Party Instagram app such as iGrann or Inst10.

Posted via  Z30 STA100-2 | 10.3.2.680
    Mecca EL likes this.
    05-28-15 03:57 AM
    Regarding Instagram - I don't think it runs great on Q10 or Classic.

There is nothing like the Instagram apps on Android / iOS in my opinion.
    Of course there are alternatives and yes you can get the native app from the Play store with a small bit of work, but it does not compare I'm afraid.

I am still buying myself a Q10 (waiting for it to arrive) but it is going to be used alongside my iPhone (the Q10 will have my main sim card in and the iPhone a second sim) as there are some things I just need to have from my iPhone. Instagram being the main one, a better camera and music sync wirelessely with my iTunes.

The Q10 will be used for sending texts, emails, calls, some social media like FB, Twitter etc. The iPhone just cannot compare to the communication side of the BB with the hub and keyboard. But in the same breath the BB cannot really replace the iPhone for me for the likes of Instgram, camera quality and music sync.

They will instead work together in harmony! Haha.
    I have to ask: what is the point of Instagram?

Posted via CB10
    bbnrs likes this.
    05-28-15 05:19 AM
    I have to ask: what is the point of Instagram?

Posted via CB10
    Well its a photo sharing app.
    So you just have an account that you fill with photos of stuf you like, enjoy, are passionate about etc.

Then you hash tag the photo. So if I took a pic of my BB Q10 for instance I'd hashtag #BlackberryQ10 #q10 #bbq10 etc etc and if other Instagram users throughout the world search for that particular hashtag they will see your photo, and others who've used the same hashtag. You can then like the pic, comment on it, start following the user who posted it etc.

I like it because some Instagram posters are purely tech snappers. Or pure Blackerry snappers and as silly as it sounds it's always nice to see photos of other peoples BB's or tech gear!

There isn't a 'point' to it, in the same way there is no real point to twitter or other social media applications. But there's a huge amount of people that use it and enjoy using it, same with the other apps. I'm not into Twitter at all really, but at least it's integrated into BB10 and the hub. I just wish Instagram was there (as in the proper app with hub integration. Inst10 is the best of the lot for BB but having paid for Pro I didn't get a single hub or screen notification from it on my Classic despite going into the app and seeing several likes and comments on my photos) then all would be well with BB. Oh and mobile banking apps for Barclays. Then I'd be sweet!
    05-28-15 05:49 AM
    Well its a photo sharing app.
    So you just have an account that you fill with photos of stuf you like, enjoy, are passionate about etc.

Then you hash tag the photo. So if I took a pic of my BB Q10 for instance I'd hashtag #BlackberryQ10 #q10 #bbq10 etc etc and if other Instagram users throughout the world search for that particular hashtag they will see your photo, and others who've used the same hashtag. You can then like the pic, comment on it, start following the user who posted it etc.

I like it because some Instagram posters are purely tech snappers. Or pure Blackerry snappers and as silly as it sounds it's always nice to see photos of other peoples BB's or tech gear!

There isn't a 'point' to it, in the same way there is no real point to twitter or other social media applications. But there's a huge amount of people that use it and enjoy using it, same with the other apps. I'm not into Twitter at all really, but at least it's integrated into BB10 and the hub. I just wish Instagram was there (as in the proper app with hub integration. Inst10 is the best of the lot for BB but having paid for Pro I didn't get a single hub or screen notification from it on my Classic despite going into the app and seeing several likes and comments on my photos) then all would be well with BB. Oh and mobile banking apps for Barclays. Then I'd be sweet!
    Thank you. Seems as pointless as I thought it must be. No need for it.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold and bbnrs like this.
    05-28-15 07:01 AM

Posted via CB10
    if the world was filled with only things we needed, we wouldn't have a lot of what surrounds us today.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 07:08 AM
    if the world was filled with only things we needed, we wouldn't have a lot of what surrounds us today.

Posted via CB10
    Very true.

bbnrs and FCSC like this.
    05-28-15 07:10 AM
    Get a passport

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 07:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    Not really relevant to apps on Passport.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 07:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    If the world only consisted of things that we only needed, we wouldn't even have a Passport.

Aneres11, fkornre and Mecca EL like this.
    05-28-15 07:47 AM

Posted via CB10
    Ah well. You must feel good about yourself knowing you were right about how pointless it is for you.
    All of us who do enjoy it will just crack on. Good post.
    05-28-15 08:02 AM
    With that kind of money you can switch to the classic.

Posted via CB10
    You obviously didn't read his post. He stated that he did not like the non replaceable battery.

Posted using 10.2.1, thankfully not 10.3.1
    05-28-15 08:17 AM
    If the world only consisted of things that we only needed, we wouldn't even have a Passport.

But we require a passport if we wish to travel abroad.

Posted using 10.2.1, thankfully not 10.3.1
    05-28-15 08:18 AM
    I'm thinking of doing the exact same thing. I have an iPhone 5s. Been missing BlackBerry and thinking of switching back. I'd love to find a Q5 or Q10...at least until my contract is up and can weigh newer options then. I'm having an awful time finding a Q5, and even finding Q10's that work on Verizon is difficult...much less one at a good price
    05-28-15 08:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    And your thoughts on instagram were? Haha

Posted via CB10
    Aneres11 likes this.
    05-28-15 10:45 AM
    I highly recommend getting the Q10! I've had iPhones and Androids, and it completely wipes the floor with them on communication.

Facebook, Twitter, BBM, Whatsapp, Emails, & Texts can NOT be compared! The BlackBerry Hub handles them all so amazing. You never have to open the individual apps to check your messages because the Hub is always a swipe away, whether you are on your phone home screen or in an app. It's excellent.

However, I felt the difference with apps like Instagram. My camera on my iPhone 4S was just as good, if not better, than the Q10. I could milk way better photos out of it. And BlackBerry does not have a native IG app (as others have said.) but I downloaded Inst10 and it works just fine for quick browsing/uploads. Otherwise I use to old iPhone for that. I have an SD card with all my downloaded music on it, so that's not an issue for me at all.

Again, I say, go for it!!

Via my BlackBerry Q10
    bbnrs and Q10Bold like this.
    05-28-15 11:31 AM
    The Q10 is an awesome device with a brilliant QWERTY keyboard, rock solid OS, and plenty of productivity apps both native and Android. It also has (my opinion) the most capable browser of any of the mobile platforms.

Overall, the biggest selling points for me are the keyboard (and keyboard shortcuts), battery life & removable battery, durability--I've been rocking mine caseless for 1/2 a year and it looks new--and the OS.

Speaking of OS I would recommend running 10.3. It's a huge step up from 10.2 (my opinion) and loaded with productivity features.

 Posted with my Q10 using CB10
    05-28-15 01:50 PM
33 12