I don't even remember the last time I've seen a Blackberry commercial. They make great products in my opinion and a good commercial would at least get people to talk or have in mind. Anyone else see any or am I just watching the wrong channels? Just my random whining lol

Seen this commercial on Youtube which I've never seen on Tv..

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 10:09 PM
    Samsung and Apple spend about half a billion each in the US alone on phone advertising per year.

How much of BlackBerry's total cash reserve of $3.8 billion would you need to compete with that?

They've already thrown in the towel in the consumer market as a matter of corporate policy anyway. A mass marketing campaign has no payoff for them.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    05-27-15 10:13 PM
    Samsung and Apple spend about half a billion each in the US alone on phone advertising per year.

How much of BlackBerry's total cash reserve of $3.8 billion would you need to compete with that?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    Though blackberry spends a fraction of that cost, it was refreshing to see something ROFL...

@OP... I've been hoping for a bumper sticker or something... Anything is more than this loud silence...
    05-27-15 10:21 PM
    To do "more" of something you have to do that something in the first place. Your title should be, "BlackBerry should advertise"

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    Soapm likes this.
    05-27-15 10:34 PM
    ^ This is very true..

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 10:58 PM
    To do "more" of something you have to do that something in the first place. Your title should be, "BlackBerry should advertise"

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    They do have a youtube video???
    05-27-15 11:01 PM
    BlackBerry doesnt need to advertise! Its all word of mouth lol

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.680
    05-27-15 11:08 PM
    They are advertising and marketing a lot to their target market. You don't see it because you and I are not their target market. They are not competing with iOS and Android in the consumer space, they are focusing on business and enterprise customers. That's where their marketing efforts are right now.
    05-27-15 11:13 PM
    They do have a youtube video???
    So do I.

*jokes

In all seriousness BlackBerry has many faults and reasons as to why they are in this position. Advertising is one of them.
    Doubt you'll see anything more from BlackBerry aside from YouTube or Donnie...oh gosh I can't stand those videos.

Youtube won't do anything for your bottom line and who ever is responsible for their marketing needs to intern at Samsung and Apple's marketing teams for a summer.

05-28-15 11:54 AM
    They are advertising and marketing a lot to their target market. You don't see it because you and I are not their target market. They are not competing with iOS and Android in the consumer space, they are focusing on business and enterprise customers. That's where their marketing efforts are right now.
    They need to step up their game. The company I work for, and most of the companies I have friends working for, have all phased out, or started to phase out, BlackBerry phones. I'm talking Fortune 10 companies and the four major banks where I live. I mentioned in another thread BlackBerry is still an option where I work but company apps being built in house are all for iOS or Android. So in order for your phone to work with company specific apps you need an iPhone or Android device. That tells me were getting rid of BlackBerry as an option soon enough. With what I've been reading about ios 9 and possibilities in place for iOS 10 me thinks this forum is going to get quieter.
    If Chen's solution to the app gap doesn't work, and the slider isn't a hit, I'm going to eat crow and get another phone. Not looking forward to that day because I've dissed Apple and Google for years to my friends. Karma

05-28-15 12:00 PM
    Just read an article written two days ago that John Chen's plan is to redistribute money so they can ramp up marketing and sales. Bout darn time!
    05-28-15 12:03 PM
    There is a very nice interview with John Chen on CB forum... in there het tells about the longterm strategy of BlackBerry.... I watched that interview and felt good afterwards.

Posted via my awesome Classic
    05-28-15 01:11 PM
    They need to step up their game. The company I work for, and most of the companies I have friends working for, have all phased out, or started to phase out, BlackBerry phones. I'm talking Fortune 10 companies and the four major banks where I live. I mentioned in another thread BlackBerry is still an option where I work but company apps being built in house are all for iOS or Android. So in order for your phone to work with company specific apps you need an iPhone or Android device. That tells me were getting rid of BlackBerry as an option soon enough. With what I've been reading about ios 9 and possibilities in place for iOS 10 me thinks this forum is going to get quieter.
    If Chen's solution to the app gap doesn't work, and the slider isn't a hit, I'm going to eat crow and get another phone. Not looking forward to that day because I've dissed Apple and Google for years to my friends. Karma

When those Fortune 10 companies get burned by security breaches, they'll come running back to BlackBerry. Remember the massive Sony hack? They had to dust off their still-functioning BES and hand out BlackBerry devices just to be able to communicate during the aftermath.

I think BlackBerry's current strategy is a sound one and we will soon see the pendulum start swinging back the other way.
    clitrenta likes this.
    05-28-15 03:40 PM
    When those Fortune 10 companies get burned by security breaches, they'll come running back to BlackBerry. Remember the massive Sony hack? They had to dust off their still-functioning BES and hand out BlackBerry devices just to be able to communicate during the aftermath.

I think BlackBerry's current strategy is a sound one and we will soon see the pendulum start swinging back the other way.
    While I'd love to see BlackBerry make a come back I certainly hope it's not by fortune 10 companies getting burned.
    I'll use your example of Sony as an example. Sony got burned, ran back to BlackBerry 5-7 phones, not 10, and didn't ask BlackBerry for a large order of phones or BES servers. I believe they are still using their current provider.

05-28-15 04:21 PM
    While I'd love to see BlackBerry make a come back I certainly hope it's not by fortune 10 companies getting burned.
    I'll use your example of Sony as an example. Sony got burned, ran back to BlackBerry 5-7 phones, not 10, and didn't ask BlackBerry for a large order of phones or BES servers. I believe they are still using their current provider.

Of course, we can only speculate.

Typed with much precision and clicky-ness on my BlackBerry Bold 9930
    05-28-15 08:17 PM
    "Browse up to 3X faster"... not particularly something good to say when BBOS7's browser wasn't all that fast...

"Up to 50% more battery life"... just say "Up to two days battery life"...
    05-28-15 08:35 PM