I thought the company was now called BlackBerry (not RIM) - so am wondering why I am still receiving BlackBerry emails from:
    "Research in Motion Ltd" ("RIM")

I thought the company was now called BlackBerry (not RIM)-blackberry-id-account-modifications_redacted_cropped.jpg

Mod's - please move this post into the correct Forum if I've put it in the wrong one.

Apologies if this has recently been posted by anybody else (I couldn't find a recent similar post/thread).
    techvisor likes this.
    05-26-15 01:33 PM
    The curious part is that John seems to be frequently talking about RIM and then says BlackBerry - looks like they will change the name to RIM sometime in the near future...

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 05:23 PM
    The curious part is that John seems to be frequently talking about RIM and then says BlackBerry - looks like they will change the name to RIM sometime in the near future...

Posted via CB10
    Very early on he said he thought changing the name was a mistake. I doubt he will as it introduces unnecessary cost, but who knows.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 05:42 PM
    OP, it appears the email was from donotreply@blackberry.com.
    05-26-15 05:49 PM
    OP, it appears the email was from donotreply@blackberry.com.
    Yes, I know that...

But the signature was:
    This is a service message sent by or on behalf of Research In Motion Limited ("RIM").
    RIM has a long-standing policy of protecting customer privacy. Please take a moment to read RIM's
    Privacy Policy.
    � 2014 Research In Motion Limited, 295 Phillip St., Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, N2L 3W8. All rights
    reserved. BlackBerry�, RIM�, Research In Motion� and related trademarks, names and logos are
    the property of RIM and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world.
    techvisor likes this.
    05-26-15 06:46 PM
    The copyright is also 2014 so it's just an old template for the email that they never bothered to change.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 10:33 PM
    There's still a lot of RIM legacy legalese etc. floating around in their systems. I'd rather see them spend the money elsewhere instead of fixing this up right now. The company name is still theirs, so why bother...

Sooner or later they will clean it or change the name back to RIM. Unlikely though... :-)

�   Wife currently leaping around for joy with her new toy....   �
    06-04-15 04:43 AM
    What? This isn't a pie company ?? WTF!!

Classically Posted.
    06-05-15 05:48 PM
    Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 08:46 PM
    I've received emails from RIM recently too. I guess they never changed the templates.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 04:19 PM