I've had my Z30 for just over 2 weeks now, so I decided to take the microSD card out of my Z10 and stick it in the Z30 to play some tunes with my new Bluetooth headset.

Well when I fired up the BlackBerry music app it said that the music was in an unsupported format? What gives here?

I bought the music through 7 digital if this makes any difference. Are they still around..lol.

Anyway what do I need to do here? Thanks.

BlackBerry... Now and Forever.
    05-25-15 06:20 PM
    I've had my Z30 for just over 2 weeks now, so I decided to take the microSD card out of my Z10 and stick it in the Z30 to play some tunes with my new Bluetooth headset.

Well when I fired up the BlackBerry music app it said that the music was in an unsupported format? What gives here?

I bought the music through 7 digital if this makes any difference. Are they still around..lol.

Anyway what do I need to do here? Thanks.

I don't have much to offer here besides that 7 digital is still around just removed from BlackBerry World although they announced that their partnership with BlackBerry wasn't ending. Weird. I know people still buy music from them as I had asked where I should purchase some music in another post (still haven't).

So I know that the format should be supported. I'm assuming you did the normal troubleshooting of turning off device and making sure the card is in secure and all of the usual basics?

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and JoSanq like this.
    05-25-15 06:39 PM
    05-25-15 06:49 PM
    I had that happen to me, i dont recall if it was from swapping a card, but i went to the music folder from the file manager and selected it from there and it opened and played fine. It is not a continual bug, but it has happened to me several times. Maybe different OS versions are tagged in the songs and cause confusion inside the music player.
    05-25-15 09:47 PM
    This is getting bazaar as I'm able to play my music through Neutron music player just not the stock player. The files are all .mp3's? smh.

05-27-15 04:59 PM
    I know you've tried a reset, but thought I'd just mention it. How bloody odd.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.1.2582 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    05-27-15 06:33 PM
    Which OS are you on?

05-27-15 06:37 PM
    Which OS are you on?

05-27-15 07:55 PM
    Can't figure out what's going on here. You say it worked on your Z10 ok? The only other suggestion would be to reload the OS or try another version.

05-28-15 03:01 AM
    I wouldn't waste to much time trying to figure this one out. Pop the card into your laptop download a free MP3 file converter and reformat the MP3 files. If you wanna take it a step further, save everything else that was on the card onto your PC, pop the card back into your phone and reformat the SD card.

Now you have fresh and clean SD card to reload your recently reformatted MP3's and anything else you had previously saved onto your PC. That should fix your original issue.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    FF22 and Polotis like this.
    05-28-15 06:15 AM
    Could it be DRM related? Why don't you try contacting 7digital and see what they have to say?

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 06:21 AM
    I had that issue yesterday... then i restarted my phone and now able to play music again...

I was getting the Music Unsupported issue in Music player... but I could play the music through Neutron player.

Try restarting... its an intermittent issue I guess... (Also I have no encryption on device)

Posted via my  z30/2744
    05-28-15 09:57 AM
    Same thing has happened to me coming from my Q10 to my Z30 (running 10.3.1.1767). Still haven't figured it out. Even bought a new "higher quality" SD card but it keeps happening with all my music formats.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 12:20 PM
    Problem fixed!!!

OK so I was so P.O'ed by this whole thing I got my Z10 out and put the card in it and started playing music with the stock player... like it should I said right?

THEN I took the card out of the Z10 and stuck it back in the Z30 and voila...music starts playing from the stock player??? I have no idea why but I'm not complaining now..lol!! The whole thing doesn't make any sense. And I've ruled out any improper memory card insertion problems because I was able to access other files on the card besides music. Would like to know why so it doesn't happen again.

Life is good again.

baarn likes this.
    05-28-15 06:37 PM
    Problem fixed!!!

OK so I was so P.O'ed by this whole thing I got my Z10 out and put the card in it and started playing music with the stock player... like it should I said right?

THEN I took the card out of the Z10 and stuck it back in the Z30 and voila...music starts playing from the stock player??? I have no idea why but I'm not complaining now..lol!! The whole thing doesn't make any sense. And I've ruled out any improper memory card insertion problems because I was able to access other files on the card besides music. Would like to know why so it doesn't happen again.

Life is good again.

Only thing I can think of is that the contents of the card were not properly indexed on the first go-around. The system does need to "index" (account for) the various files and file types. Was the same OS on both phones?
    05-28-15 08:53 PM