Has anyone been able to get Google Play Services On their Z10? If so, how?

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 07:40 PM
    No, no one has because Google Play Services can't be run on BB10. Depending on what your particular issue is, there are some work arounds, but the short answer is no.
    05-23-15 07:57 PM
    I haven't tried this but a guy on the CB forums named Cobalt has made an alternate version of Google Services?. Search for his postings on this and the Google Play Store.

BlackBerry... Now and Forever.
    05-23-15 07:59 PM
    Cobalt's software lets you purchase apps from the Google Play Store. It's not a way to run Google Play Services. It can also provide a way to use Google Maps in an Android app.

As I mentioned, you have to know exactly what your issue is and why you want to "get Google Play Services". In the end, you may be able to work around a particular issue but you won't be running Google Play Services.
    05-23-15 10:13 PM
    Cobalt has a "patched" Google Play Services app, and it's only for when you patch an android app that requires it using his Gmaps patcher, or Lucky Patcher.

Check out the relevant threads in the Android Apps section in these forums. It's not a simple install and all is done. You have to do things to the app you want too, and keep doing it if the app is updated.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 09:12 PM
    I just noticed lately that some apps like Yelp require Google Play in order for their mapping to work. I also tried a friends dating app called Taptalk. Same issue. It won't load at all without Google Play Services.

All in all, as much as I like my Z10, it's not a "modern" device. Maybe the next update will modernize it but I'm beginning to think that the next time I'm in the market for a new phone, it won't be BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 08:23 PM
    I just noticed lately that some apps like Yelp require Google Play in order for their mapping to work. I also tried a friends dating app called Taptalk. Same issue. It won't load at all without Google Play Services.

All in all, as much as I like my Z10, it's not a "modern" device. Maybe the next update will modernize it but I'm beginning to think that the next time I'm in the market for a new phone, it won't be BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry is modern. But not the kind of phone you are looking for. I say that as you seem only concerned with running android apps.
    andy957 likes this.
    05-25-15 08:35 PM
    05-25-15 10:42 PM
    I want the same apps on my phone as anyone else with a smartphone. Without android side load I wouldn't have a banking app or many news apps. Don't preach about BlackBerry being the wrong phone for me. If you're happy with Facebook and Twitter good for you but as a business person I would like to at least do banking from my phone. And I wouldn't mind having a mapping service besides the BlackBerry map that so far has not impressed me.

Posted via CB10
    manonthemoon likes this.
    05-26-15 01:13 PM
    Ok.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 01:16 PM
    I want the same apps on my phone as anyone else with a smartphone. Without android side load I wouldn't have a banking app or many news apps. Don't preach about BlackBerry being the wrong phone for me. If you're happy with Facebook and Twitter good for you but as a business person I would like to at least do banking from my phone. And I wouldn't mind having a mapping service besides the BlackBerry map that so far has not impressed me.

Posted via CB10
    There are a few threads about this topic, the end answer is no and most likely no in the future.

I've been using a Z10 Since Sept of 2013 alongside an Galaxy S4. Waiting on these updates and apps to appear on Blackberry. It worked for a duration of time however it didn't perform optimally. Then they stopped working completely.

It's hard to keep dealing with this frustration, so I'm picking up a Note 4 after my paycheck.

Highly suggest you migrate to an Samsung Note 4, the pen is awesome for business and personal use. Not to mention, all the apps at your finger tips. (I had an Note 3 for about a month, so I assume the Note 4 is superior)

The Galaxy S6/iPhone 6 will work as well, if you prefer full touch.
    05-26-15 04:42 PM
    Thanks. A friend has a two year old S6 and he showed me so many features that phone came with two years ago that my BlackBerry will never match. It even includes a blocking feature where you can move unwanted phone numbers. It's a feature packed device. Unless BlackBerry ups its game my next device will be a Samsung for sure.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 08:20 PM
    I have google play store

BlackBerry z10 10.3.3.245
    05-27-15 08:36 PM
    I have Google play installed on my device
    Google play services?-img_20150528_232908_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 01:30 PM
    Thanks. A friend has a two year old S6 and he showed me so many features that phone came with two years ago that my BlackBerry will never match. It even includes a blocking feature where you can move unwanted phone numbers. It's a feature packed device. Unless BlackBerry ups its game my next device will be a Samsung for sure.

Posted via CB10
    A 2 year old S6? Don't think so.

05-28-15 08:39 PM
    Access to the Playstore and being able to use GPS isn't the same thing. Nice icon tho.
    05-28-15 08:49 PM
    A 2 year old S6? Don't think so.

Sorry. He has a Note 4. And still, it has more bang than my Z10. Much more.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 07:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    Get the phone you want, and enjoy it. For me that's still my Z10 by a country mile over Android and iPhone. I would rather be without Google Apps and Google Play Services than my BlackBerry, but if you feel differently, get an Android. The same goes for iTunes and iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 08:25 AM
    Sorry. He has a Note 4. And still, it has more bang than my Z10. Much more.

Posted via CB10
    Z10 is now 200 and note 4 is how much? It's got a Google support bang. Terrible OS however.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    06-02-15 08:15 PM
    You'll never get a fully compatible Google play services unless an agreement between BlackBerry and Google is made. Look at the cobalt thread regarding Google services and the playstore. Should solve most of your problems.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    06-02-15 08:17 PM
    Has anyone been able to get Google Play Services On their Z10? If so, how?

Posted via CB10
    I have tried reloaded Google play services and cannot worked. I'm working in China and Google play services /Gmail. has been blocked here.

BlackBerry Z10/STL100-2
    06-06-15 05:01 AM

Posted via CB10
    I do banking from my phone too, I use their website, or their app. For the most part though, I prefer their website, it works better than their app. Their app works perfectly on my phone though, PNCBank.

I use mine for business as well, and with four email addresses, I cannot imagine trying to use Android or an iPhone. My wife has an S4, while it is a great phone, I hate how clunky it is in regards to answering emails, text messages and other messages. The Z10 is much, much easier. The Blackberry works very well for business, and I can do all my banking with it. I would do my banking from a ship at sea on the Blackberry, and keep in touch with everyone for business and keep my calendar updated, transfer my files back and forth to my computer, do my writing in Word to Go, etc.

I believe if you just want Android apps, get an android. Blackberry isn't missing anything for me and my business, but if you do need something that it lacks, you can run an android app if necessary. My bank's app works great on the Z10. I know you don't want people to say it, but the Z10 must not be the phone for you, and that is okay, there are other phones and other operating systems.

Oh, and I don't do Twitter, it's for the birds.
    06-06-15 03:34 PM