It's only been a few hours since the switch, but I can already see the difference in service quality. AT&T's service was indeed better than that of T-Mobile, but I couldn't beat the $400 difference in my monthly phone bill.

TJ Strozier of Astronomic Music Group
    05-23-15 06:52 PM
    That's quite a saving. Over a decade ago, I was with T-Mobile and it was pretty good service and cost. I only switched to AT&T because they always seem to have the latest devices...
    05-23-15 07:15 PM
    Yeah, that is true. I could deal with the data overages with AT&T anymore though. My last bill was $540.

05-23-15 08:22 PM
    I was paying about $97 a month on a contract plan with AT&T. 500 minutes and unlimited texts with 2GB of data a month allowance. I barely used 30 minutes a month. When my contract was up, I switched to T-Mobile's $30 monthly plan. I use more data than I talk so it's perfect for me.
    05-25-15 05:35 AM
    I like everything about T-Mobile except the signal strength. When T-Mobile fixes that, I think there will be more happy customer at T-Mobile including myself.
    05-25-15 11:16 AM
    Yeah, the only problem I've been having with T-Mobile is the signal strength. Other than that, it's perfectly fine. I just couldn't deal with the payments at AT&T anymore. I would fluctuate between the 30 and 60 GB data plans, but now my life is so much better with the unlimited data plan that T-Mobile offers. Whether it slows down or not, I no longer have to make $500+ payments.

05-25-15 11:30 AM
    Too bad the Classic currently doesn't have wifi-calling. Presumably, when it does get it, you'll be able to install on your phone... with the right OS, of course.
    05-25-15 03:09 PM
    I'm on T-Mobile in NYC and I have NO signal problems.
    05-25-15 03:19 PM
    I'm in Chicago. It works, but it's not AT&T.

05-25-15 03:22 PM
    I'm on T-Mobile in NYC and I have NO signal problems.
    How good is your service when you're outside of the city?

05-25-15 03:23 PM
    In So. Cali no issue with T-Mo at all. FWIW.
    05-26-15 09:49 AM
    Hey, I was looking here to see about getting a T-Mobile SIM for a trip, just thought I'd chip in. I have 4 smartphones on the AT&T $160 10GB plan. After data plan and the $29 for the "next" plan my kid was stung with when they traded in an iPhone plus $200 (so we buy cell twice! ) and tax we run $225 per month. Obviously the larger data plan would add to it but it should be much lower than $500! I think they had you on an old, more expensive plan then added data on the top. I haven't been happy with AT&T customer service but it's worked in more areas in the country we've been. We drive instead of flying within 500 miles all the time and sometimes up to 1000 miles. I really like T-Mobile pricing but there's zero coverage for them at my house and 1-2 bars at most at work. So I envy those who can use T-Mobile. Hope this was useful but YMMV! ;-)

Posted via CB10
    07-21-15 12:16 PM
    I really like T-Mobile pricing but there's zero coverage for them at my house and 1-2 bars at most at work. So I envy those who can use T-Mobile. Hope this was useful but YMMV! ;-)

Posted via CB10
    Wifi-calling? Been with T-Mo ten years, zero cell reception at house. Wifi-calling kills.
    07-21-15 12:51 PM
    Just made the switch and have faster service and better coverage. Loving this BlackBerry Classis

Posted via CB10
    07-21-15 04:55 PM
    It's only been a few hours since the switch, but I can already see the difference in service quality. AT&T's service was indeed better than that of T-Mobile, but I couldn't beat the $400 difference in my monthly phone bill.

Indoors in Las Vegas,NV
    Just Swtich From AT&T to T-Mobile-img_20150721_145934.png

Posted via CB10
    07-21-15 05:00 PM
    I wasn't certain if the WiFi calling only worked when you have a secure connection like home or work? Wouldn't using it on an insecure public WiFi leave you open to some forms of mischief?
    I also heard that some BlackBerry models either don't work with WiFi calling or lost it after the last update. Is the Q10 working with WiFi calling since the 10.3.2.440 update?
    Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 11:30 AM
    I wasn't certain if the WiFi calling only worked when you have a secure connection like home or work? Wouldn't using it on an insecure public WiFi leave you open to some forms of mischief?
    I also heard that some BlackBerry models either don't work with WiFi calling or lost it after the last update. Is the Q10 working with WiFi calling since the 10.3.2.440 update?
    Posted via CB10
    WFC only works on BBerry models that T-Mo sold/sells (we presume Classic will get it). Also, it has to be on a T-mo approved OS. So 10.3.2xxx at the moment doesn't work.

No clue, myself, about security. But when I travel I can make (free to and from the USA) calls on a/p lounge wifi, restaurant wifi, hotel wifi... and on planes, can set into a/p mode, turn my wifi on, make calls and send texts. Love it. And if NSA is listening in... they gotta be bored.
    07-22-15 12:20 PM
    Posted via CB10
    Wifi calling authenticates somewhat securely but doesn't require WEP or WPA encryption between the device and router. If you can get on a network then you can make a call.

"Mischief" would depend entirely on circumstances. If you're sitting on an open network and some 13-year-old, wannabe-hacker kid with the means to decode IMS packet traffic in real-time really wants to hear what you're saying then sure, it's certainly possible. Plausible, no. It's far easier to use a parabolic microphone.

Wifi calling currently only works on specific Q10 and Z10 models running specific 10.2.1 and earlier builds. 10.3.2+ doesn't currently work, including on the Classic. That's still in wait-and-see mode with a potential launch in September.

[CB10 / Q10]
    07-22-15 12:25 PM