OK

I have just convinced my brother inlaw to move away from the iphone and just gave him my Z10 as i have my Z30 now.

It is all updated ready to go but all his contacts are on his Iphone, his only concern is making sure all his contacts can come across.

what is the best and seamless way of getting contacts across
    05-20-15 08:21 PM
    That would depend on how the contacts are stored. For example, if they are stored on his Google account, then they will sync up when he logs in. I'm not sure of other systems.
    05-20-15 08:31 PM
    Install the Device Switch app on both phones :

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/devi...mt=8&at=10l3Vy

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/27535024

Then follow Instructions.

I believe you connect to same wifi and it allows your to transfer contacts, pictures and a few other Things.

Hope that Works.

Posted via CB10
    ProjectBrett likes this.
    05-20-15 08:52 PM
    Install the Device Switch app on both phones :

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/devi...mt=8&at=10l3Vy

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/27535024

Then follow Instructions.

I believe you connect to same wifi and it allows your to transfer contacts, pictures and a few other Things.

Hope that Works.

Posted via CB10
    Yup, the device switch app is a blessing! It has been much improved and allows you to choose what you want to transfer over from the device. Just connect to the same WiFi network on both devices and download the device switch app. From there you'll follow the prompts as to which is the new device and get a confirmation code. They've added the ability to transfer more info from your old device and it is customizable to transfer only pictures or contacts or both; whatever your preference is.

Don't forget to use the Apple website to de-register the iPhone from imessage or you'll end up with a major headache and won't receive text messages from iPhone users. Been there done that with other relatives before the imessage website launched and it was a nightmare with Apple!

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 09:29 PM
    thanks, i didnt know the Device switch was available for iphone

if i get this sorted for him, we have another BB user
    05-20-15 10:53 PM
    thanks, i didnt know the Device switch was available for iphone

if i get this sorted for him, we have another BB user
    Always a win. I upgraded my family from iOS a while ago and they are still using BB10 upgrading from the Z10 to Z30 and Z10 to the Passport so if you have any issues just post em. I'm sure most here would be glad to help including myself!

Posted via CB10
    05-21-15 12:39 AM
    Thanks for the Device Switch app info...AND the iMessage website info as well. I'm switching from an iPhone 6 to a Z30 again to give OS10 a fair shake...and was not looking forward to the switch.
    05-21-15 06:30 AM
    What about text messages? Is there anything that could transfer text messages from iPhone to Blackberry? I know there's a lot of solutions for the other way around but not this.

Thanks
    11-25-15 01:28 AM
    Thanks for the Device Switch app info...AND the iMessage website info as well. I'm switching from an iPhone 6 to a Z30 again to give OS10 a fair shake...and was not looking forward to the switch.
    I'm a heavy BlackBerry user, z30 currently. This week testing my colleague iPhone 5s. The Z30 is way better phone!! But apple is really strong in apps. Or BlackBerry lacks of them...

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 02:45 PM