Just want to say that Browsie Browser is great. I like it better than the stock browser. Ad blocking works great. Videos on websites seem to work fine. Thanks to the developer Daan Fransen. This app is Blackberry native and only $0.99.
    Anyone else tried this?
    FF22 and jope28 like this.
    05-19-15 10:17 PM
    Yup, one of my favs. While I do find the start up a bit slow, that's NOT a huge issue as its generally always open anyway.
    lift likes this.
    05-19-15 11:24 PM
    Agreed. My main browser (mostly) now. Nice lightweight browser with all the physical keyboard shortcuts needed and good ad-blocking.

[Hopefully NOT edited by admin to be fair lol. ] Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.680 CB10
    lift likes this.
    05-19-15 11:50 PM
    Glad you like it!

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    05-20-15 05:14 PM
    Glad you like it!

Posted via CB10
    Like it? I love it. Please please please don't stop development of this browser. I don't know what I would use if this browser was not available anymore. I am going to make a small donation to you as soon as I can to show my appreciation.
    I love Blackberry devices but was really getting sick of all the ads on websites. If I am browsing using cellular data I don't want my money and data going to shoving ads in my face. After I found your browser that was the last piece of the pie needed to complete my now perfect BlackBerry experience. I don't want to ever have to use an android based browser. Thanks again.
    05-20-15 08:13 PM
    I like it, but don't use it. It's to slow. If I scroll in http://gathering.tweakers.net/ it takes to long. If it gets faster, it will be my first browser.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-15 12:33 AM
    Anyone using this app able to get night mode working in mobile view? All I get is a dark blank screen. No text or pictures shown.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 02:57 PM
    Anyone using this app able to get night mode working in mobile view? All I get is a dark blank screen. No text or pictures shown.

Posted via CB10
    Specific website you're trying to use night mode on? Or any website, even google.com

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 03:01 PM
    Glad you like it!

Posted via CB10
    I'll be downloading it as soon as I get my q10 in the mail
    05-27-15 03:08 PM

Posted via CB10
    I have not had a problem using night mode so far.
    05-27-15 09:49 PM
    Specific website you're trying to use night mode on? Or any website, even google.com

Posted via CB10
    Hi. I guess it matter on the website as this seems to happen with Yahoo's website in mobile view. I just assumed that it wasn't working for any because of this, but if I go to Google's site it works. If I go to Yahoo in desktop mode, it works too. Any fixes for this?

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 07:57 AM
    Oh, I forgot but in desktop mode on the Yahoo page, the pictures to the articles are still missing, but the text is there.
    Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 08:02 AM
    Oh, I forgot but in desktop mode on the Yahoo page, the pictures to the articles are still missing, but the text is there.
    Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    I'll see if I can tweak the script a bit, yahoo seems to use background images which my script will turn to a dark colour.

It's almost impossible to make a single script that works everywhere.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 08:42 AM
    Thanks for the support and fast response; you're awesome. No worries, but if you can get it to work, that would be great. I'm just glad that it isn't just me that this is happening too. By chance, is there a way to get your browser to support flash like that modified native browser using the 'yeah.so'? This would totally make your browser complete and the best. If people don't want the flash, then they don't have to turn it on or load 'yeah.so' and save it in the misc/plugins.
    Either way, I appreciate your amazing support. I'm glad I bought your app.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 03:07 PM
    Thanks for the support and fast response; you're awesome. No worries, but if you can get it to work, that would be great. I'm just glad that it isn't just me that this is happening too. By chance, is there a way to get your browser to support flash like that modified native browser using the 'yeah.so'? This would totally make your browser complete and the best. If people don't want the flash, then they don't have to turn it on or load 'yeah.so' and save it in the misc/plugins.
    Either way, I appreciate your amazing support. I'm glad I bought your app.

Posted via CB10
    As far as I know it's not possible yet in a cascade webview.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 03:59 PM
    Try yahoo in night mode now (update adblock if it's not working)

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    05-28-15 08:28 PM
    Awesome!!! You did it and it is working. Is there a setting to keep it on night mode on start up? The same for reader mode to stay inverted whenever I hit 'R'? If not, this browser is still awesome and thanks for fixing night mode. I greatly appreciate it.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 09:58 PM
    Oh never mind about reader mode as once your in night mode, it is already inverted; super sweet!!! Thanks for the amazing Browser.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 10:01 PM
    Try yahoo in night mode now (update adblock if it's not working)
    Daan,
    This latest update messed up everything! I cant get to my settings or bookmarks anymore. I set up the browser to open last known session, but I have don't save sessions selected. I was hoping this would open the browser in a blank page. Now the browser opens to speed dial page and from there I go to settings and any one I tap on does not open. Everything was working perfect in the last version. Please check to see what you changed. Hope I didn't lose all my bookmarks.
    05-29-15 11:25 AM
    After the update scrolling in landscape mode is still very, very slow on my Z10
    05-29-15 12:06 PM
    After the update scrolling in landscape mode is still very, very slow on my Z10
    I'm still working on improving this, my apologies.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 12:14 PM
    Daan,
    This latest update messed up everything! I cant get to my settings or bookmarks anymore. I set up the browser to open last known session, but I have don't save sessions selected. I was hoping this would open the browser in a blank page. Now the browser opens to speed dial page and from there I go to settings and any one I tap on does not open. Everything was working perfect in the last version. Please check to see what you changed. Hope I didn't lose all my bookmarks.
    Can you email me using the bug report button? So I can give quicker support.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 12:14 PM
    Sorry. I can try to email you later. I am going to be away from the computer and phone for awhile. Here is more information for now.
    I updated the program, then turned off Browsie turbo and set the browser to open with last session. I have session saved turned off. I would like to open the browser with a blank start page like I do with the stock browser and I thought that setting it up that way would do that.
    When I closed the browser and opened it again, it opened to the picture page which I thought was good. Then I went to settings and when I touched any of the settings options, none of them opened up. Menus did not work either. Basically nothing I touched responded.
    I had to uninstall and re-install the browser to get things working again but I lost everything and have to start over from scratch again.
    Sorry for complaining. I still love the browser and will continue to use it as my main browser. I was just a little frustrated having to re-load all my bookmarks. This time I will make a backup.
    05-29-15 12:29 PM
    Pity you uninstalled already. I'm sure an update to fix this was forthcoming.

If you have a recent backup in BlackBerry Link you should be able to restore only Browsie from it, and only update Browsie once an update with a fix for this is released. That way you'll have all your history and bookmarks back.
    Last edited by sedat; 05-29-15 at 12:47 PM.
    05-29-15 12:37 PM
    Sorry. I can try to email you later. I am going to be away from the computer and phone for awhile. Here is more information for now.
    I updated the program, then turned off Browsie turbo and set the browser to open with last session. I have session saved turned off. I would like to open the browser with a blank start page like I do with the stock browser and I thought that setting it up that way would do that.
    When I closed the browser and opened it again, it opened to the picture page which I thought was good. Then I went to settings and when I touched any of the settings options, none of them opened up. Menus did not work either. Basically nothing I touched responded.
    I had to uninstall and re-install the browser to get things working again but I lost everything and have to start over from scratch again.
    Sorry for complaining. I still love the browser and will continue to use it as my main browser. I was just a little frustrated having to re-load all my bookmarks. This time I will make a backup.
    Issue has been fixed, it only occurs when there are no sessions available.

To get a blank page set your homepage to "about:blank" and startup to home.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 12:50 PM
26 12