Though I have not used every device, it is better than the passport, q10 and z10

The hardware features are the best for me

- hdmi out
    - good battery life
    - best antenna
    - best usb otg (compared to the passport which doesn't recognize some usb drives.. also can't recognize multiple usb devices at same time)
    - best speakers
    - best mic array
    - seems to have the best camera as well

It also seems faster than the passport despite the better cpu and more ram in the passport. The z30 is the best BlackBerry in my opinion, second is the 9900.

What do the rest of you think about the z30 compared to the passport and other BlackBerry's?

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 05:57 PM
    Well I love the Z30 but I never owned a Passport or a Q. Compared to my Z10, 9930, 9650 and 8330 it rocks.
    05-19-15 06:18 PM
    I'm an all-touch guy, never used a PKB... but I'd wager that there are a bunch of Passport owners out there who disagree with you.
    kthhrrsn and kbz1960 like this.
    05-19-15 06:26 PM
    I'm an all-touch guy, never used a PKB... but I'd wager that there are a bunch of Passport owners out there who disagree with you.

This.

Posted via CB10
    LateToTheGame likes this.
    05-19-15 06:42 PM
    I used 9900 z10 and I'll say the z30 is my best blackberry device
    anon(4275744) likes this.
    05-19-15 07:21 PM
    Best touch screen by far, but the Classic is in my sights.

Via my Z30 on the Telus network
    05-19-15 08:00 PM
    Love the Z30 but still covet the Passport...
    05-19-15 08:05 PM
    Best all touch berry so far i'd say. Not berry wise.
    05-19-15 08:08 PM
    I say it is not only the best touch BlackBerry, but the best of all touch phones.

My awesome Z30
    howards likes this.
    05-19-15 08:12 PM
    The Passport is my first physical keyboard device coming from a Z30. First time ever having a PKB with my first smartphone being the BlackBerry Storm then some Android devices. After that moved from Z10 to Z30 and now have the Passport. The Passport has everything that the Z30 has + much more.

Overall, I'd have to say that the Passport is the best BlackBerry! There is nothing in the Z30 that the Passport doesn't do or do better. Saying that the Z30 camera is better than the Passport camera is laughable. The Z30 camera is the same as what is in the Z10, Q10, and Leap... is it not? Either way the Passport camera is by far much improved over the Z30's camera. I love my Z30 and it is definitely an awesome device, but the Passport really blows it away.

I use both... the Z30 is the best all touch BlackBerry although I can't say for sure without at least trying the Leap, but from the processor to the speakers the Z30 would seem to be the clear winner there. Never ever thought I'd even consider a PKB, but the Passport really does everything better and faster. Love the large screen and the touch keyboard. It's like my mini laptop. The Passport is a beast with its specs running BlackBerry 10. I can't think of anything that the Passport doesn't do better than the Z30.

Obviously I'm excluding the form factor for videos and gaming, but in my opinion, while the 1:1 is not optimal for gaming, the Passport is much more capable even in this category. You'd have to use both to compare. Best all touch... I'd give that to the 30. Still use and love my Z30, but the Passport wins hands down.

Posted via CB10
    jas1978 and TripNFry like this.
    05-19-15 10:24 PM
    Though I have not used every device, it is better than the passport, q10 and z10

The hardware features are the best for me

- hdmi out
    - good battery life
    - best antenna
    - best usb otg (compared to the passport which doesn't recognize some usb drives.. also can't recognize multiple usb devices at same time)
    - best speakers
    - best mic array
    - seems to have the best camera as well

It also seems faster than the passport despite the better cpu and more ram in the passport. The z30 is the best BlackBerry in my opinion, second is the 9900.

What do the rest of you think about the z30 compared to the passport and other BlackBerry's?

Posted via CB10
    Well, I agree with the battery life, speakers, but camera and specially performance I give it to the PP.

PS. Yes I do own both devices, both great.
    Last edited by Tessoro Desoto; 05-24-15 at 12:04 PM.
    jas1978 likes this.
    05-19-15 11:32 PM
    Well, I agree with the battery life, speakers, but camera and specially performance I give it to the PP.
    Have you used the Passport? The battery life is better than the Z30 and the speakers seem better as well. They are likely the same stereo speakers though (I don't know for sure), but the sound quality at low and high levels seems much more clear on the Passport. The speaker phone on the Passport is amazing.

Besides preference in form factor, debating the battery/speaker quality is like splitting hairs to try to give the Z30 an edge somewhere. As I wrote above, I use both the Z30 and Passport and there is nothing that the Z30 does better than the Passport. I still love the Z30 for what it is, but the Passport is a complete beast and is a solid 2015 device.

Just for the sake of debate I looked up the battery specs and, while there are other factors in battery life, the Z30 has a 2880mAH battery while the Passport has a 3450mAh battery.

Edit: I might as well add BlackBerry mixed use estimates the Z30 at 25 hours and the Passport at 30 hours. Both great on battery and I wouldn't trade my Z30 for any other all touch out there, but the Z30 is a few years old now (?) and was meant to be a flagship at the time so it is still solid. It just doesn't compare when using both devices side by side. The Passport is clearly the new flagship. Even the prediction and virtual keyboard is pretty much available on the Passport with the touch keyboard and three word flick predictions. The only argument for the Z30 would be if you want the Z30 form factor running BlackBerry 10 therefore excluding the Passport which is superior in all aspects.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by RLTurn77; 05-20-15 at 12:26 AM.
    05-20-15 12:13 AM
    I can't speak for others but I can tell you that I have owned both the Passport and Z30 and I personally prefer the Z30. Also I have the Z30 on OS 10.3.2.680 and it flies! It's like I just bought a brand new phone all over again. Someday I hope they make a Z50 or just a newer variation of the Z30. Amazing phone!
    05-20-15 12:26 AM
    I can't speak for others but I can tell you that I have owned both the Passport and Z30 and I personally prefer the Z30. Also I have the Z30 on OS 10.3.2.680 and it flies! It's like I just bought a brand new phone all over again. Someday I hope they make a Z50 or just a newer variation of the Z30. Amazing phone!
    I, as well, would love an updated Z30! The Z30 is so much better upgraded to 10.3.1 (I know you are on 2). I felt the same way with the update. Was like getting a new device all over again. Even upgrading my dad's Verizon Z10 to 10.3.1 from 10.2.1 was basically like giving him back a new device!

While everyone has a different preference, the Passport is the new flagship device and the specs speak for themselves. Just think it's a bit of a stretch to say that the Z30 is "the best" BlackBerry 10. The Passport far outclasses the Z30 in every way, but ultimately it comes down to personal preference regarding platform, form factor, etc.

The Z30 is still a decent device. I just grabbed a new one during the shopblackberry sale, but my Passport is just a beast and I find the comparison very flawed. The Z30 is really an old device being cleared out for $200 a pop, with the Passport being a competitive 2015 device since September's launch and holding its value surprisingly well for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 12:42 AM
    Z30 rocks! Never owned a passport but played with one at the store. Just too big a form factor. 1st choice Z30, second choice 9900 then Z10 then Q10. I will have to try the classic

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 12:43 AM
    Hmm I think the passport is way more better. That's not because of better specs, the former factor is really business like. I love my Z30 but the passport is definitely going to be my next device in few months.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 04:08 AM
    Agreed,
    But minus Camera and as per my experience the Antenna is good but not best (when compared with Nokia 808pv).
    05-20-15 05:12 AM
    Definitely the best all touch BB. I'm wanting to see what happens when BB add an optionally slide out "passport" keyboard into the mix. I've always been all touch, but I like innovation and if it turns out it's better I will buy it, even if it's not popular (innovation is often not popular).
    05-20-15 06:36 AM
    Loving my Z30 and although the Passport is a beast (I used one for a few weeks), I just couldn't get used to the form factor. Had high hopes for the classic but moving down from a Z30 didn't make sense.

Hoping the "slider" might be a viable option to upgrade the "BIG Z". But for now, the Z30 has been the best and most well rounded BlackBerry I've ever used and I've used almost every BlackBerry since the 7250.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    05-20-15 06:51 AM
    Shhh. I want BlackBerry to put the Z30 on sale again. If we keep this thread alive they may never do it.
    05-20-15 09:04 AM
    This is supposed to be a personal preference. Basically as I have read other comments, I have come to realize that the Passport is better buh based on my own personal preference, I love my ZedThir30 to shreds.

I do not own a PP and so can't love it without having a feel of what it offers.

I respect BlackBerry for the Job well done on the ZedThir30.

 ZedThir30. STA100-2. 10.3.1.2267
    05-20-15 09:14 AM
    The Passport is my first physical keyboard device coming from a Z30. First time ever having a PKB with my first smartphone being the BlackBerry Storm then some Android devices. After that moved from Z10 to Z30 and now have the Passport. The Passport has everything that the Z30 has + much more.

Overall, I'd have to say that the Passport is the best BlackBerry! There is nothing in the Z30 that the Passport doesn't do or do better. Saying that the Z30 camera is better than the Passport camera is laughable. The Z30 camera is the same as what is in the Z10, Q10, and Leap... is it not? Either way the Passport camera is by far much improved over the Z30's camera. I love my Z30 and it is definitely an awesome device, but the Passport really blows it away.

I use both... the Z30 is the best all touch BlackBerry although I can't say for sure without at least trying the Leap, but from the processor to the speakers the Z30 would seem to be the clear winner there. Never ever thought I'd even consider a PKB, but the Passport really does everything better and faster. Love the large screen and the touch keyboard. It's like my mini laptop. The Passport is a beast with its specs running BlackBerry 10. I can't think of anything that the Passport doesn't do better than the Z30.

Obviously I'm excluding the form factor for videos and gaming, but in my opinion, while the 1:1 is not optimal for gaming, the Passport is much more capable even in this category. You'd have to use both to compare. Best all touch... I'd give that to the 30. Still use and love my Z30, but the Passport wins hands down.

Posted via CB10
    That is not true.

Z30 has independent micro HDMI out and micro USB, Passport does not.
    Z30 can mirror full screen to your TV so when using apps that do not support the Play On feature like Showbox and 99% of games and emulators, you can get full 1080p, screen filling output on the Z30, while on the Passport you're stuck with a square viewport on your nice widescreen TV or monitor.
    While viewing webpages or playing video games, full screen on the Z30, which you can't do on the passport, you can use a USB mouse and keyboard or USB Gamepad. On the Passport you cannot use wired HDMI out and USB OTG at the same time. Miracast is not a replacement for HDMI the latency is still high and it isn't as universally supported. You can't game using Miracast. So for people like me, who were expecting the Passport to do everything a Z30 AND Z10 can do and more, the Passport is a disappointment in those areas. I wished I could use my Passport as a mini laptop/HTPC/Media Streamer/console while having it docked to a widescreen monitor and use some Xbox360 or logitech controllers on it but it just can't do that. You can do that with the Z30 however. On a Passport, you can't even stream video from another PC on your network using the file manager and have it play full screen since there's no Play On feature in the File Manager's video player. You can do that even on a Z10 far less on a Z30. Those are my biggest gripes with the Passport and it makes me still want a Z30 since it seems like separate HDMI and USB OTG are not being put on phones anymore. Better support for widescreen monitors and TV's could probably be fixed in software though.

Posted via CB10
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    05-20-15 09:22 AM
    I've been using Z30 for last 10 days and I'm falling in love with it every time I see it.

Posted using BlackBerry Z30 on 10.3.1.2558
    05-20-15 09:30 AM
    That is not true.

Z30 has independent micro HDMI out and micro USB, Passport does not.
    Z30 can mirror full screen to your TV so when using apps that do not support the Play On feature like Showbox and 99% of games and emulators, you can get full 1080p, screen filling output on the Z30, while on the Passport you're stuck with a square viewport on your nice widescreen TV or monitor.
    While viewing webpages or playing video games, full screen on the Z30, which you can't do on the passport, you can use a USB mouse and keyboard or USB Gamepad. On the Passport you cannot use wired HDMI out and USB OTG at the same time. Miracast is not a replacement for HDMI the latency is still high and it isn't as universally supported. You can't game using Miracast. So for people like me, who were expecting the Passport to do everything a Z30 AND Z10 can do and more, the Passport is a disappointment in those areas. I wished I could use my Passport as a mini laptop/HTPC/Media Streamer/console while having it docked to a widescreen monitor and use some Xbox360 or logitech controllers on it but it just can't do that. You can do that with the Z30 however. On a Passport, you can't even stream video from another PC on your network using the file manager and have it play full screen since there's no Play On feature in the File Manager's video player. You can do that even on a Z10 far less on a Z30. Those are my biggest gripes with the Passport and it makes me still want a Z30 since it seems like separate HDMI and USB OTG are not being put on phones anymore. Better support for widescreen monitors and TV's could probably be fixed in software though.

Posted via CB10
    Not really sure what you are referring to with not being able to watch videos with the Passport on a TV. I do it all the time with my Passport and yes it is full screen, not 1:1 when using HDMI. Think you are misinformed here. Like I said, really splitting hairs.

The Passport is by far the best BlackBerry 10 device unless your personal preference is the Z30 form factor. I love my Z30... but I'd be much happier if an all touch was available from BlackBerry with Passport specs at minimum.

I think the slider has an opportunity to satisfy both the BlackBerry loyalists as well as the more general consumer market having both the PKB as well as the all touch form factor. Really looking forward to that. The Z30 is what it is... many complained about how the specs were terrible when it first launched! Now we are well over a year later.

The Z30 does have some standout features with the stereo speakers and antenna, but the Passport has all of this and much more. The slimport actually has advantages such as charging while watching videos at full 1080p and replaced the separate ports for a reason. Every video and movie I've streamed onto the TV is full screen from the Passport, not square, so maybe I'm missing something there. Both devices work well.

The Z30 is a nice device for $200 and the Passport is a nice device for $500. As I wrote though, being that the Passport is basically in a class of its own, I think a comparison to the Z30 is flawed and pointless as the form factors are so different. The Z30 is slightly better than the Z10... bigger screen, bigger battery, stereo speakers; that's about it coming from a Z10. Going to the Passport includes a much longer list of "what's better" as it should being the new flagship device.

Posted via CB10
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    05-20-15 10:50 AM
    Not really sure what you are referring to with not being able to watch videos with the Passport on a TV. I do it all the time with my Passport and yes it is full screen, not 1:1 when using HDMI. Think you are misinformed here. Like I said, really splitting hairs.

The Passport is by far the best BlackBerry 10 device unless your personal preference is the Z30 form factor. I love my Z30... but I'd be much happier if an all touch was available from BlackBerry with Passport specs at minimum.

I think the slider has an opportunity to satisfy both the BlackBerry loyalists as well as the more general consumer market having both the PKB as well as the all touch form factor. Really looking forward to that. The Z30 is what it is... many complained about how the specs were terrible when it first launched! Now we are well over a year later.

The Z30 does have some standout features with the stereo speakers and antenna, but the Passport has all of this and much more. The slimport actually has advantages such as charging while watching videos at full 1080p and replaced the separate ports for a reason. Every video and movie I've streamed onto the TV is full screen from the Passport, not square, so maybe I'm missing something there. Both devices work well.

The Z30 is a nice device for $200 and the Passport is a nice device for $500. As I wrote though, being that the Passport is basically in a class of its own, I think a comparison to the Z30 is flawed and pointless as the form factors are so different. The Z30 is slightly better than the Z10... bigger screen, bigger battery, stereo speakers; that's about it coming from a Z10. Going to the Passport includes a much longer list of "what's better" as it should being the new flagship device.

Posted via CB10
    I was referring to playing back videos using the built in file manager, which is what I use to play videos on my remote PC which shows up in the file manager. I was also referring to playing back videos using MX player and other Android Apps on the Passport, those don't play full screen. I also talked about Apps and games in general. They don't fill the screen. Even the browser when output to a screen using the Passport doesn't fill the screen. Then there's that little problem of no HDMI out and USB OTG Simultaneously. To you I may be splitting hairs but those are some of the primary things I used to do a lot using my Z10 and the Passport can't do them. It can play back local video files full screen since the Videos App and the Browser support the Play On feature. The Z30 doesn't need Play On to output fullscreen anything on a widescreen external display. So my point was to highlight that the Passport doesn't have "all that the Z30 has and more". It has some things that it has, and some things that it doesn't. I wrongly assumed that it would have had all that the Z30 and by extension the Z10 had and more but, that wasn't the case. There was even a thread about how to get videos to play back fullscreen on the passport and I thought that the users just didn't know what they were doing because I was accustomed to just setting my output resolution the the resolution of my screen in the HDMI settings on my Z10. Can you tell me where you stream your videos from that all playback full screen and what apps you use for playback? Are you streaming any video from other computers in the home using remote file access?

Posted via CB10
    janzeeschuimers likes this.
    05-20-15 02:29 PM
73 123