Hi there,

I am on my Bold 9900, I was wondering how to disable "new text message" alerts while in the text message app. When you are on the 9900, texting someone, I do not want to see popup notification when someone else text me (like from the bottom it shows person xyz message with message : hii). I was wondering if someone knew how to disable this on text, BBM and whatsapp.

Thank you so much .
    05-15-15 01:03 PM
    you are talking about the POP UP info?
    What OS are you on? There should be a way to disable it through your options/notifications or profiles.....
    05-15-15 01:23 PM
    There is no popup on the 9900 unless you are running an app. In which case you simply tell the app to not use popups for texts.
    05-15-15 01:38 PM
    It's not an app or a pop up. Like me illustrate an example.

Your having a back and fourth text conversation. While texting, you receive another text, this text shows up while in your current conversation (It allows you to preview the conversation, if you click it, it allows you to goto the previous convo). Im running the latest BBOS

EDIT: I have disabled it on whatsap, under advanced settings, it was called "Preview Messages"
    05-15-15 03:59 PM
    It's not an app or a pop up. Like me illustrate an example.

Your having a back and fourth text conversation. While texting, you receive another text, this text shows up while in your current conversation (It allows you to preview the conversation, if you click it, it allows you to goto the previous convo). Im running the latest BBOS

EDIT: I have disabled it on whatsap, under advanced settings, it was called "Preview Messages"
    Ah....so it wasn't a text. That explains it.
    05-15-15 05:28 PM
    I had the problem on whatsapp and texting. I fixed the whatsapp issue. I do not think I can disable it on text, unless anyone else knows.
    05-27-15 03:41 PM