What's new with 10.3.2?

I only noticed a few new features by going through those bugs and findings threads of 10.3.2.xxx (which becomes more like Q&A threads for installation now, which is fine):

1. More gesture support for Passport 's keyboard (need more details).

2. If you use Chinese input, now it seems to support swiping up for word prediction. And also it can automatically detects the switching between English and Chinese (need confirmation)

Anything else you see in 10.3.2? Please only discuss new features here. We got enough threads for impressions about battery life, snapiness, or bug fixes.

Edit: feature confirmed in this thread:

1. Ability to scroll thru homescreen and app pages using the Passport keyboard
    2. The calendar app now has returned the options for growing numbers (numbers get bigger and bolder depending on how busy that day is) and a new option to switch between appointments being shown as dots and squares or bars.
    3. Ability to exclude calendars from meeting mode
    4. Ability to edit a phone number from the dialing screen .In dialing screen, start typing the number, search your contacts by number and by name.
    5. When viewing device monitor, you can adjust the timespan to zoom in for more detail. For example, last 12 hours you can now drag the start time to the point where you can basically zoom in on last hour
    6. Swipe up from home pages...in top bar will shows full date,battery % and operator name.
    7. Browser "Private Broswing" opens up as a separate app
    8. Included the WebRTC option to help keep your ip hidden when using a VPN. And the "Do not Track" option.
    9. Using the phone app one can now use the alphanumberical keypad to search for names

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    Last edited by aha; 05-17-15 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Added features confirmed in this thread
    05-15-15 08:54 AM
    Ability to scroll thru homescreen and app pages using the Passport keyboard!

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    ATMJOE likes this.
    05-15-15 08:56 AM
    The calendar app now has returned the options for growing numbers (numbers get bigger and bolder depending on how busy that day is) and a new option to switch between appointments being shown as dots and squares or bars. Both return the calendar close to like it was prior to 10.3.

However, the growing numbers didn't grow on weekend days, even if a ton of appointments were scheduled for a Saturday or a Sunday. So that still needed fixing. At least up to .500. I don't know if .680 fixed it.

Posted via CB10
    codeslinga likes this.
    05-15-15 09:10 AM

Nice. Can you unlock the phone with Passport keyboard?

05-15-15 09:14 AM
    Nice. Can you unlock the phone with Passport keyboard?

Sure. Press U + Enter to unlock. Press K to lock. These are default features.

Posted via my amazing BlackBerry Passport SQW100-1
    Last edited by bhoqeem; 05-15-15 at 02:12 PM.
    abdullah1982 likes this.
    05-15-15 09:32 AM
    Ability to exclude calendars from meeting mode

Z10STL100-4/10.3.2.680
    e4diesel, dusdal and LeeU1911 like this.
    05-15-15 09:54 AM
    Ability to edit a phone number from the dialing screen .In dialing screen, start typing the number, search your contacts by number and by name.
    05-15-15 10:41 AM
    When viewing device monitor, you can adjust the timespan to zoom in for more detail. For example, last 12 hours you can now drag the start time to the point where you can basically zoom in on last hour

Posted via CB with my Passport to productivity
    Crabamer and mas_quemex like this.
    05-15-15 10:46 AM

I was hoping they introduce this from the start. Now we have to wait for 10.3.2.

Posted via CB10
    gemoelle likes this.
    05-15-15 11:02 AM
    When viewing device monitor, you can adjust the timespan to zoom in for more detail. For example, last 12 hours you can now drag the start time to the point where you can basically zoom in on last hour

I like that!

Passport
    05-15-15 11:22 AM
    Swipe up from home pages...in top bar will shows full date,battery % and operator name.
    05-15-15 01:55 PM
    Swipe up from home pages...in top bar will shows full date,battery % and operator name.
    That was only battery % in previous 10.3.1.xxx

Passport
    05-15-15 03:19 PM
    Guys 3.2 is really a refined 3.1 with some minor additions. Blackberry has improved the stability of the android runtime as they've made it less of a battery eater, also some of my android apps like Kik can run in the backgroud (no active frame) without draining. 3.2 has better battery life due to lower CPU usage and it also has a very fluid menu. I would like to note is that I'm not a big fan of leaks and never used them but due to the fact that on 3.1 my WIFI signal was horrible (to put it politely) I jumped on 3,2 leak and have found improvements there also.

Look at 3.2 as a service pack for 3.1

Q10 - 10.3.2.680  < σиє ℓσνє > 
    05-15-15 05:32 PM
    Guys 3.2 is really a refined 3.1 with some minor additions. Blackberry has improved the stability of the android runtime as they've made it less of a battery eater, also some of my android apps like Kik can run in the backgroud (no active frame) without draining. 3.2 has better battery life due to lower CPU usage and it also has a very fluid menu. I would like to note is that I'm not a big fan of leaks and never used them but due to the fact that on 3.1 my WIFI signal was horrible (to put it politely) I jumped on 3,2 leak and have found improvements there also.

Look at 3.2 as a service pack for 3.1

Q10 - 10.3.2.680  < σиє ℓσνє > 
    There is also a bunch of BES related features such as secure email via PGP etc and support for new upcoming bes policies etc. Won't matter for average consumer, but important for many corporate users

And yes, some work on the buggy wifi.

05-15-15 08:11 PM
    Pgp is buggier than a roach motel.. I can repeatedly blow up the email client with it -- it misidentifies some emails with attachments as Pgp messages that aren't and detonates when you try to read them...

Sadly I'm not in the beta and thus have no means to report this or provide a means for BlackBerry engineers to reproduce it.. ah well.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 08:20 PM
    Pgp is buggier than a roach motel.. I can repeatedly blow up the email client with it -- it misidentifies some emails with attachments as Pgp messages that aren't and detonates when you try to read them...

Sadly I'm not in the beta and thus have no means to report this or provide a means for BlackBerry engineers to reproduce it.. ah well.

Posted via CB10
    PM me. I'll forward it.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 08:58 PM
    I like the fact that on the native Browser "Private Broswing" opens up as a separate app would with its own active frame called "Private Browser".
    Also love that they included the WebRTC option to help keep your ip hidden when using a VPN.
    And the "Do not Track" option.
    Attachment 353047
    Attachment 353048

[Hopefully NOT edited by admin to be fair lol. ] Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.680 CB10
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    05-15-15 11:19 PM
    Ability to edit a phone number from the dialing screen .In dialing screen, start typing the number, search your contacts by number and by name.
    At last! I've found the lack of this functionality very, very annoying....
    05-16-15 09:39 AM
    Oh wow!! It took them only two years to do this must have basic feature. Next stop editing a phone number in SMS compose window no matter if its a custom number or saved contact.

Btw I think the ability to search by phone number is on 3.1 as well. As you type it will tell you how many matching contacts you have.
    05-16-15 02:22 PM
    Oh wow!! It took them only two years to do this must have basic feature. Next stop editing a phone number in SMS compose window no matter if its a custom number or saved contact.

Btw I think the ability to search by phone number is on 3.1 as well. As you type it will tell you how many matching contacts you have.
    Search by phone number is same in 10.3.1 but not same search by name.
    For sms,don't understand what you mean.
    05-16-15 02:33 PM
    Sure. Press U + Enter to unlock. Press K to lock. These are default features.

Posted via my amazing BlackBerry Passport SQW100-1
    Of course I meant keyboard gesture.
    05-16-15 02:36 PM
    Thanks for the replies guys! Those new features are all looking good. Didn't realize there are so many.
    05-16-15 02:37 PM
    Search by phone number is same in 10.3.1 but not same search by name.
    For sms,don't understand what you mean.
    Choose a recipient for SMS and you cant edit the phone number, you have to delete it. For instance if you are sending international text and your contact doesnt have + ahead of the saved phone number
    05-16-15 03:48 PM
    Choose a recipient for SMS and you cant edit the phone number, you have to delete it. For instance if you are sending international text and your contact doesnt have + ahead of the saved phone number
    Well you should probably edit the contact...
    05-16-15 04:07 PM
    Well you should probably edit the contact...
    Or copy and past the number from contact to sms,edit as you want and go on
    05-16-15 04:22 PM
67 123