Good evening,

It's the first time that I'm posting here, so I will try to be as precise and clear as I can. Thank you in advance for reading this post and helping me with this problem.

I bought a Blackberry Bold 9900 (second hand) on Internet to an Ebay seller one week ago. Why second hand ? Well, I'm currently studying in Germany and as you know, being student and being rich are two things that rarely comes together.

The Blackberry is in really good state, no impact expect on the back of the phone, well everything perfect.... almost. Since the first day I'm trying to connect to Internet and it doesn't work. When I say Internet I mean : Google, Facebook app, Twitter app, and even for Blackberry ID.

Here are the messages that are appearing when I try to connect to these different apps :

Facebook : You are currently on a service plan that does not support this application, please connect to a wifi network or contact your service provider to upgrade your data plan.

Twitter : You are currently on a service plan that does not support this application, please connect to a wifi network or contact your service provider to upgrade your data plan.

Youtube via Internet browser : A communication failure has occured. The server may be busy, please try again later. If the problem persists contact your service provider.

YouTube app when lauching a video : Content not available. Server is blocked or unresponsive.

Blackberry ID Sign In : Unable to connect with Blackberry ID. Please sign in now or try again later. Data services are required for Blackberry ID and can be turned on in the mobile network settings.

I think that the problem doesn't come from the Wifi (because I'm connected to it), and even if it was the wifi, I have a subscription with my provider with Internet included. For BB ID, I checked and Data services are turned on.

It still doesn't work, and I really don't understand why. If someone has an idea of something I could do, thanks for your help.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards.
    05-09-15 01:34 PM
    you'd need to subscribe to a plan from a provider with BlackBerry Internet Service in Germany. I do not believe there is such a thing on a prepaid, you'd need to subscribe to a post paid plan.
    05-09-15 01:45 PM
    Brother you need to get BIS for all the mentioned problems. Get yourself some BIS pack and you will have solved all the problems.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 11:25 PM
    Yarp

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 11:34 PM
    Try device wipe and updating the 9900 via Desktop Manager. I have no problems using the Browser in wifi.

Posted via CB10 via the Internets
    05-12-15 09:39 AM
    If you're still checking back for responses, see this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ut-bis-996682/

There's information on setup and the apps that work and don't work without a BIS plan.
    05-22-15 11:01 PM
    Good evening,

It's the first time that I'm posting here, so I will try to be as precise and clear as I can. Thank you in advance for reading this post and helping me with this problem.

I bought a Blackberry Bold 9900 (second hand) on Internet to an Ebay seller one week ago. Why second hand ? Well, I'm currently studying in Germany and as you know, being student and being rich are two things that rarely comes together.

The Blackberry is in really good state, no impact expect on the back of the phone, well everything perfect.... almost. Since the first day I'm trying to connect to Internet and it doesn't work. When I say Internet I mean : Google, Facebook app, Twitter app, and even for Blackberry ID.

Here are the messages that are appearing when I try to connect to these different apps :

Facebook : You are currently on a service plan that does not support this application, please connect to a wifi network or contact your service provider to upgrade your data plan.

Twitter : You are currently on a service plan that does not support this application, please connect to a wifi network or contact your service provider to upgrade your data plan.

Youtube via Internet browser : A communication failure has occured. The server may be busy, please try again later. If the problem persists contact your service provider.

YouTube app when lauching a video : Content not available. Server is blocked or unresponsive.

Blackberry ID Sign In : Unable to connect with Blackberry ID. Please sign in now or try again later. Data services are required for Blackberry ID and can be turned on in the mobile network settings.

I think that the problem doesn't come from the Wifi (because I'm connected to it), and even if it was the wifi, I have a subscription with my provider with Internet included. For BB ID, I checked and Data services are turned on.

It still doesn't work, and I really don't understand why. If someone has an idea of something I could do, thanks for your help.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards.
    Change to Vodafone. They have BIS

Posted via Q10Bold
    05-23-15 12:58 AM
    I have a 9900 but I changed over to a shared non BIS plan after I got a Z10 and iPhone. My simless 9900 wifi was no longer working because I had not updated the APN. I updated the APN to that of my Z10 and the wifi worked again. I still had other problems using the Internet dealing with certificates on sites so I ended my fiddling with the 9900.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 01:28 AM