the original trackpad scrolled perfectly in both directions but had an intermittent problem when pressing the button to select.

i purchased a new track pad, and after fitting it, pressing to select works perfectly, but i am unable to scroll in any direction.
    i refitted it thinking the cable was perhaps not properly connected to the plug on the board properly.
    problem remained.

so, i put the old one back in, scrolling was perfect but the intermittent pressing to select remained.

Fitted the new one once again, and as before, pressing to select worked perfectly - but unable to scroll.

reinstalled the old track pad, scrolling, as expect, is flawless, but pressing to select remains dodgy as before.

anyone have any idea what is going on and how to resolve this issue ?
    05-08-15 02:27 PM
    I bought two new 9360 curves before they were discontinued, both have the track pad problem . I have no tech ability to repair these ,but if there is an easy way please let me know. Problem is if I buy another one with a lengthy warranty I have tom pay minimum $60.00 a month, this one is still at $30.00
    06-12-15 02:12 PM
    Make sure the connection tab is pinned down properly....f it still continues to malfunction then it's your device. Btw I've took apart Blackberry devices for years....
    07-13-15 11:39 PM