The real story behind the Verizon Storm OS? Part 2 : Boy Genius Report

There never was a software roll back. RIM acknowledges V.65 is not beta, it was the official release version. Hope you're all happy with the OS as it stands. You're going to be waiting a while for that "update."
    11-24-08 01:09 PM
    Don't buy it for one second...
    11-24-08 01:12 PM
    .65 is silky smooth for me...
    11-24-08 01:12 PM
    hah...and you believe that? your really grasping for anything right now. You've made it quite clear you don't like this phone, so why do you stick around and try to tell others how to feel about it?
    11-24-08 01:13 PM
    hmmm.. still... as long as crucial says... i believe him.
    11-24-08 01:13 PM
    hahaha... AGREED!
    11-24-08 01:15 PM
    I am not too worried . . . I have no issues on either of the two storms
    11-24-08 01:19 PM

True CX > BG...
    11-24-08 01:19 PM
    regardless of what it was initially used for, we need an upgrade, and I hope it comes soon.

I love the storm, the OS now is fine, but with a better one will make this phone a pant load better
    11-24-08 01:20 PM
    [QUOTE=bobbykurva;1035890][url=http://www.boygeniusreport.com/

There never was a software roll back. RIM acknowledges V.65 is not beta, it was the official release version. Hope you're all happy with the OS as it stands. You're going to be waiting a while for that "update."[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how that article in any way suggests that there is not a new OS update still in the works. All it does is discount the original theory but still fails to answer the question about software updates. I think it is safe to say there is one coming eventually but the real question still remains.. when?!!
    11-24-08 01:23 PM
    i'd rather continue believing the original story that at least helped save some face

the original story at least makes this look like less of a clusterfukc because it gives us a reason for the suck
    11-24-08 01:26 PM
    Here's what I don't understand. I belive CX has stated that there is software out there that is further along than .65, so that being the case, why hasn't RIM released it? I can't believe that they aren't aware of the issues going on and from a marketing perspective, it makes sense to get the product out for sale quickly but then also get a software fix out quickly as well. Word of mouth can make or break a product like this. It makes me a little concerned that there's been no update as of yet, because it tells me that the issues may be more serious than originally thought. I highly doubt there will be an update for the next 2 weeks (I hope I'm wrong though).
    11-24-08 01:45 PM
    I want to see what CX has to say about this. ASAP.
    11-24-08 01:55 PM
    Here's what I don't understand. I belive CX has stated that there is software out there that is further along than .65, so that being the case, why hasn't RIM released it? I can't believe that they aren't aware of the issues going on and from a marketing perspective, it makes sense to get the product out for sale quickly but then also get a software fix out quickly as well. Word of mouth can make or break a product like this. It makes me a little concerned that there's been no update as of yet, because it tells me that the issues may be more serious than originally thought. I highly doubt there will be an update for the next 2 weeks (I hope I'm wrong though).
    Its not RIM to release it. Verizon needs to test the OS and approve of the release. And they will not release every single build that is made.
    11-24-08 01:58 PM
    Lol CX is becoming the Neo of Crackberry. Believe!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 01:58 PM
    Does it really matter, in the grand scheme of things? .65 is the os version shipped with the phone. There is no changing that. If you are happy with that revision, great. If not, you are still going to have to wait for an update. Nothing changes.
    11-24-08 02:00 PM
    Its not RIM to release it. Verizon needs to test the OS and approve of the release. And they will not release every single build that is made.
    Exactly... and we already know that there is a 4.7.0.86 because Vodafone already released it.
    11-24-08 02:01 PM
    Surely you all don't think builds were stopped at .65. There are newer builds than .65. As I and other sites have said, it's "supposed" to release today but you never know. Regardless there will be a update soon. And as Garz said, the OS is totally on Vzw no RIM. The carrier decides which build they want to use and don't accept every one.
    11-24-08 02:02 PM
    really? i didn't know there is a point .86 from vodafone.....I can understand a couple things that need to be improoved but it's still a good phone.....i don't know why so many people complain.......do you when the app store might open?
    11-24-08 02:03 PM
    I'm with you, sooks! Lets pray!
    11-24-08 02:04 PM
    Hmm that's interesting
    11-24-08 02:05 PM
    really? i didn't know there is a point .86 from vodafone.....I can understand a couple things that need to be improoved but it's still a good phone.....i don't know why so many people complain.......do you when the app store might open?
    You're right... I just took a closer look. The full filename is: 9500_omadrmEFIGS_Dutch_PBr4.7.0_rel86_PL4.0.0.76_A 4.7.0.65_Vodafone_UK.exe
    Which means release 86... not .86... Guess that's what other's on here have been trying to get through my thick head
    11-24-08 09:19 PM
    This phone rocks. What is behind the energy of people repeatedly complaining?
    11-24-08 09:31 PM
    This phone rocks. What is behind the energy of people repeatedly complaining?
    I have found that in my 16+ years of working with Technology that people complain more about things they DON'T understand or can't figure out how to use. They get frustrated & they say its the equipment when in fact user error is the TRUE culprit. Early adopters are what makes the technology world go-round.
    11-24-08 09:35 PM
    I have found that in my 16+ years of working with Technology that people complain more about things they DON'T understand or can't figure out how to use. They get frustrated & they say its the equipment when in fact user error is the TRUE culprit. Early adopters are what makes the technology world go-round.
    Yeah we used to call them "ID TEN TEE" errors(looks like 'ID10T' when written out) when I worked on a helpdesk
    11-25-08 06:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD