Hey Guys,

after loading the update for my Z30 3 weeks ago my device is just freezing after phone calls.

Are experiencing the same issues with your devices ?

Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 05:15 AM
    hi. how did you load the update? If you did the update OTA, i would download an autoloader and reload the OS. I have a Z30 and never did an OTA update and I have never had a freezing issue on my phone at all.
    05-05-15 05:25 AM
    Sometimes it's better to wipe before installing an update.

Posted via CB10 on my AT&T AMOLED Z30 10.3.2.500
    05-05-15 05:45 AM
    I loaded it via OTA, that's a simple for me to get new updates. May be it's better to just wipe the bold version before loading the new one.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 06:30 AM
    I loaded it via OTA, that's a simple for me to get new updates. May be it's better to just wipe the bold version before loading the new one.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. I never install via OTA anymore. Too many *bugs* can transfer / develop because of it. Now what I do is either create or download autoloader and install, then do security wipe then gradually recreate your phone. A bit of work, but I've never had a problem since doing it this way.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 07:51 AM
    No problems here. Best to wipe using an autoloader install.

I never do OTA. If not via USB, I do updates with an autoloader... especially since I only have about 5 applications to reinstall. My contacts are synced from the cloud.

Good luck.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    Avenzuno likes this.
    05-05-15 08:53 AM
    I do not understand why OTA is looked down upon. I did all my updates via OTA. All my devices run perfect. Just to exchange conflicting experiences.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 09:20 AM
    I've had my Z30 freeze twice in the past month. It froze for a few seconds, then it continued to work. I did have several apps open and was moving quickly from one thing to another. So I don't know if it was a bug in the OS or just the fact that I was doing a lot of things on it. Never had it freeze on 10.2.1.

I have thought of loading the latest 10.3.1 leak. Maybe now is a good time to try it.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 11:24 AM
    Out of the box, did 10.2 to 10.3 update OTA. Had a couple of freezes, bugs, crashes and even reboots after so did a security wipe and it seems stable now. Thought it maybe had something to do with the jump between os versions..

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 12:08 AM
    No problems here. Best to wipe using an autoloader install.

I never do OTA. If not via USB, I do updates with an autoloader... especially since I only have about 5 applications to reinstall. My contacts are synced from the cloud.

Good luck.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    Obviously, you and others who do wipe and autoloader don't have your contacts synced with Outlook.

Being a business phone and Outlook being the norm for emails, I think it is not relevant some of the users saying they have no problems to do a wipe because they are doing "cloud syncyng". Try that when your contacts are linked to a Outlook and a, for example, Gmail servers. It will completely mess up your contacts with unlinking many of them.

BlackBerry should deliver a way to manage contacts properly when synced/linked with Outlook. This is not Apple or Android user base don't link their contacts with Outlook address book.
    05-06-15 12:32 AM
    Two updates by autoloader and last to 2708 OTA. No freezing issues.
    05-06-15 12:42 AM
    I did my update OTA and am getting very frequent freezing. Some freezes last for 15 seconds, or even longer.

Via CB Android on BB10 (jst 4 kiks)
    05-06-15 10:05 AM
    Obviously, you and others who do wipe and autoloader don't have your contacts synced with Outlook.

Being a business phone and Outlook being the norm for emails, I think it is not relevant some of the users saying they have no problems to do a wipe because they are doing "cloud syncyng". Try that when your contacts are linked to a Outlook and a, for example, Gmail servers. It will completely mess up your contacts with unlinking many of them.

BlackBerry should deliver a way to manage contacts properly when synced/linked with Outlook. This is not Apple or Android user base don't link their contacts with Outlook address book.
    Hmmmm, ...
    When I say I cloud sync, .. it's because my business contacts, ... all +1,000 of them are on the BES server at the office. My personal contacts are on the OnMicrosoft.com exchange server which I use (not outlook.com) ... All 2,400 of them.

I wipe to update then re-add the accounts ... then sync fine ... then they link together fine in the contact manager.

When you say outlook, do you mean you are syncing from the Microsoft Office suite Outlook Desktop client?
    05-09-15 05:57 AM
    I do not understand why OTA is looked down upon. I did all my updates via OTA. All my devices run perfect. Just to exchange conflicting experiences.

Posted via CB10
    +1

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 04:05 PM
    My Z10 is freezing a lot every time I open inst10 I'm getting tired of this, but I waiting for 10.3.2 to see if something changes, if I want to start fresh what's the basic process to do that? Reload os via link?? I'm not comfortable with autoloader

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 11:22 AM
    My Z10 is freezing a lot every time I open inst10 I'm getting tired of this, but I waiting for 10.3.2 to see if something changes, if I want to start fresh what's the basic process to do that? Reload os via link?? I'm not comfortable with autoloader

Posted via CB10
    If your carrier has not released 10.3.2.xxx then Link will not load it but the version from your carrier. You can use Sachesi to load without deleting all of your files
    06-26-15 12:27 PM