have tried version 2.12.1.2, 2.12.5.2 (beta version) and current version 2.12.9.2 all three have the same issue, they work for a while then stop responding on my bb classic,. I have to restart the device all the time to let the application work again before they stop responding. I reinstalled them many time, restarted the device many time still nothing gets better. anyone can help please let me know. Anyway i can download the older version?
    04-30-15 05:48 AM
    I have the same problem. Been using the beta so I knew this might happen that's why I didn't upgrade when the latest was available on BlackBerry World. Until two days ago it said my WhatsApp was too old and in order to continue using, I have to upgrade. And so I did and now it's not working.

I believe they will release another fix soon as there are more users who have the same problem.

Otherwise, the brave one could try delete and reinstall WhatsApp without restoring the message history which is one thing I can afford to lose.

To those wondering, what happens is after a while, you can't access any chat. The circle keeps spinning until you restart, open whatsapp and use it for a while, the same thing happens.

Z30STA100-6/10.3.1.2558

Problem with WhatsApp, stops working on my Classic.-img_20150503_121112.png

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 12:16 AM
    I had the same issue, here is how to solve it, well it worked on my BBQ10;

Reinstall Whatsapp via the Blackberry World App Store, do not load your chat history again, so you have to decline to load the chat history. I know you loose all your chat history, but it works again after you reinstalled it.

Well I am more happy that I have a working whatsapp back, but of course the chat history is gone.

Hope that helps.

Rgs
    05-04-15 01:30 AM
    For those of you experiencing this issue...
    - What languages are your messages in?
    - Do you have "crazy" message content somewhere in your history? (e.g. long repeating sequences of characters, lots of strange symbols, anything clearly not "normal writing") If so, can you describe it?
    - Do you have extremely long (i.e. near the length limit) messages in your history?
    - Would you be willing to send in your message history backup (from 2.12.1+) for analysis?

Its possible that the app is hitting a bug with the message search indexing process, but it can't be fixed unless it can be reproduced. Most likely there's a message somewhere in your history that its getting stuck on. If we can isolate this message and reproduce the issue, we should be able to fix it.
    05-04-15 10:17 AM
    Beta 2.12.15 has just been posted to Beta Zone, and it should have a fix for this specific hanging issue.
    Please give it a try, and report back whether or not the issue has been resolved.
    arnavrs likes this.
    05-06-15 12:26 AM
    Please give it a try, and report back whether or not the issue has been resolved.
    Thank you so much for your dedication to BlackBerry 10!
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    05-06-15 12:27 AM
    Beta 2.12.15 has just been posted to Beta Zone, and it should have a fix for this specific hanging issue.
    Thank you very much. I just installed the beta. Will report back.

Edit: So far so good. Looks like it's fixed now. Thank you again *thumbs up*.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mikechawla; 05-06-15 at 05:45 AM.
    05-06-15 03:43 AM
    Its been weeks I updated my Whatsapp from BlackBerry world but still dont have option to search chat....why I that.
    Even many days gone as they mention a note it can take few days but its like weeks now...
    Any Idea or Suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 04:08 PM
    Its been weeks I updated my Whatsapp from BlackBerry world but still dont have option to search chat....why I that.
    Even many days gone as they mention a note it can take few days but its like weeks now...
    Any Idea or Suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    The option has always been there. On the Chats list, open the action menu (3 dots in the lower-right corner) and select Search.

If the indexing is complete, then messages will appear in the results. If it isn't, then you should just see chats in the results.
    05-11-15 10:32 AM
    Yeah I Got It Now How To Search...But They Shud Have Search Option In Each Chat Windows tho...anyhow better than nothing

One more Thing...Can We Change BackUp Time???

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 06:25 AM