Can anyone find something to hint at a smart watch, or any renders of a possible BlackBerry Smart watch?

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 02:00 PM
    04-27-15 02:05 PM
    Can anyone find something to hint at a smart watch, or any renders of a possible BlackBerry Smart watch?

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry is struggling to get phones to market and you want a Smart Watch?

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 12:45 AM
    Blackberry is struggling to get phones to market and you want a Smart Watch?

Posted via CB10
    Not what the OP asked for.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 03:01 PM
    Not what the OP asked for.

Posted via CB10
    What would you consider a "hint at a smart watch " to be?

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 12:08 AM

Posted via CB10
    I believe Chen said somewhere that they are not looking into one yet, as the market for wearables isn't an established one.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 06:32 AM
    Maybe one that works on people with tattoos on their wrists?
    connorsayshi likes this.
    05-11-15 06:50 AM
    What would you consider a "hint at a smart watch " to be?

Posted via CB10
    What I posted above..

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 07:33 PM
    That LG Urbane is nice.... hope the Oneplus Two will work with it.

Posted By My BeastBerry
    05-12-15 09:05 PM
    The best argument for smartwatches that I've read online went something like this:

The act of taking out your phone to check notifications is a large and deliberate action. Takes time, energy, makes you appear disinterested in what's happening around you. Overall, it's distracting.

The smartwatch isn't meant to entertain you. You're not viewing photos on your watch. It's meant to give you quick information at a glance. It doesn't remove you from your everyday life.

The idea is that two electronic devices on your body make you more present in the real world than having just one device. I really like this concept, and I hope this is how smartwatches are used going forward. That's what a timepiece is anyway, right? Glance at your wrist, gives you quick and digestible info.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 10:01 AM
    The best argument for smartwatches that I've read online went something like this:

The act of taking out your phone to check notifications is a large and deliberate action. Takes time, energy, makes you appear disinterested in what's happening around you. Overall, it's distracting.

The smartwatch isn't meant to entertain you. You're not viewing photos on your watch. It's meant to give you quick information at a glance. It doesn't remove you from your everyday life.

The idea is that two electronic devices on your body make you more present in the real world than having just one device. I really like this concept, and I hope this is how smartwatches are used going forward. That's what a timepiece is anyway, right? Glance at your wrist, gives you quick and digestible info.

Posted via CB10
    More electronic devices more risk for CANCER

I've had Lymphoma since 1998 caused from high cell phone usage. Use a speaker phone and don't carry in my pant pocket.

Now you want to strap and electronic field around your wrist 12 hours a day? 5 years from now "I told you so"

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 10:16 PM

I've had Lymphoma since 1998 caused from high cell phone usage. Use a speaker phone and don't carry in my pant pocket.

Now you want to strap and electronic field around your wrist 12 hours a day? 5 years from now "I told you so"

Posted via CB10
    Good point. Sorry for your situation. I'll try to reduce my exposure going forward so that it doesn't come to that.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-15 12:17 AM
    Pebble?

Posted via CB10
    LoewenMeister likes this.
    05-21-15 12:18 AM
    Pebble?

Posted via CB10
    That's what I was thinking also.
    05-21-15 12:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    Sorry to hear about your lymphoma but how do you link it to cellphone use??

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-22-15 04:43 PM
    Sorry to hear about your lymphoma but how do you link it to cellphone use??

4 batteries a day and a $600+ per month cell phone bill in 1997. A limp a little smaller that a golf ball on my right neck where the cell phone was.

I think that is good enough reason and in 2003 it came back again after using a cell phone for the first time in 5 years.
    05-22-15 04:48 PM
    4 batteries a day and a $600+ per month cell phone bill in 1997. A limp a little smaller that a golf ball on my right neck where the cell phone was.

I think that is good enough reason and in 2003 it came back again after using a cell phone for the first time in 5 years.
    I'm just intruiged by that because the frequencies used by cellphones have less energy than visible light...

05-22-15 04:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    Like this http://crackberry.com/first-images-b...rry-watch-real lol

Attachment 354043

[Hopefully NOT edited by admin to be fair lol. ] Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.680 CB10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and ErnstMach like this.
    05-22-15 05:19 PM
    I'm just intruiged by that because the frequencies used by cellphones have less energy than visible light...

How much is to little? How much is to much?

All I know is the fact that I got cancer from a cell phone.
    05-22-15 05:49 PM
    How much is to little? How much is to much?

All I know is the fact that I got cancer from a cell phone.
    And all I know is that if it were your cell phone frequencies EVERYONE would have cancer due to the light that makes up the colours we see. Visible light photons carry higher energy than the radio frequencies that phones use.

05-22-15 05:53 PM
    Render:

Any rumor or render of a BlackBerry Smartwatch?-1432338047136_728915_edit.jpeg

Posted via CB10
    ErnstMach likes this.
    05-22-15 06:41 PM
    And all I know is that if it were your cell phone frequencies EVERYONE would have cancer due to the light that makes up the colours we see. Visible light photons carry higher energy than the radio frequencies that phones use.

If you knew anything about cancer everybody has different immune system. What effects me might not effect other people.

It is all about what risk you want to take.

It's your life don't take my advice.

Someday someone real close will get it then maybe you will take the time to research it more than a few hours.

Enough said we are way off the topic

Posted via CB10
    05-22-15 07:54 PM
    If you knew anything about cancer everybody has different immune system. What effects me might not effect other people.

It is all about what risk you want to take.

It's your life don't take my advice.

Someday someone real close will get it then maybe you will take the time to research it more than a few hours.

Enough said we are way off the topic

Posted via CB10
    My friend, I'm a life science student in university, I know physics and I certainly know a thing or two about cancer and the immune system. With that being said, it is PHYSICALLY impossible for the radio waves from your phone to disrupt the molecular bonds of your DNA and cause cancer. They simply don't have enough energy, period. The differences within your immune system have no bearing on the simple fact that the waves are not powerful enough to cause damage.

Perhaps, you will have the good sense to avoid getting your medical advice from the antivaxers and GMO-phobes.

Enough said we are way off topic

marameansdemon likes this.
    05-22-15 09:16 PM
    My friend, I'm a life science student in university, I know physics and I certainly know a thing or two about cancer and the immune system. With that being said, it is PHYSICALLY impossible for the radio waves from your phone to disrupt the molecular bonds of your DNA and cause cancer. They simply don't have enough energy, period. The differences within your immune system have no bearing on the simple fact that the waves are not powerful enough to cause damage.

Perhaps, you will have the good sense to avoid getting your medical advice from the antivaxers and GMO-phobes.

Enough said we are way off topic

One, it's an underresearched area. And two, you really don't seem to know what you're talking about. Relax. Only time will tell what's what. And I'm willing to bet a lot of what the modern age has brought with it will cause us problems in the future (if medicine doesn't outpace the poisons we're ingesting). That's a prediction.

Why criticize someone who chooses to air on the side of caution when it comes to longterm health consequences.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 12:28 AM
    And two, you really don't seem to know what you're talking about.

Posted via CB10
    Says the guy who didn't put forward a shred of evidence to support either of his statements.

05-23-15 07:32 AM
44 12