My Z10 is running on ATT. For the last couple of weeks, I have been getting the notice to update to 10.3. I have assumed that it was ATT releasing the update, but it looks like some on here believe that ATT still hasn't released theirs, and that this is something else - don't know, and that's not what I'm asking about.

Regardless, I've decided not to update just yet (because I don't WANT to...). So, each time I wake the phone, I have a new notice (or the old notice, if I don't delete it). My question is, how do I get the phone to quit giving me the notice to update? Is there a way to turn off that feature? I've looked in settings, and couldn't find anything.

Thanks everyone.
    04-27-15 10:36 AM
    It may eventually learn you are not interested. But I'm not sure you can turn it off. BUT did you purchase the phone from AT&T or directly from BB? I have not heard that AT&T is offering the 10.3.1.xxx upgrade.

I know it is easier to say just ignore it than it sometimes is when it is irritating. My Playbook did it for a while and then stopped.
    04-27-15 11:59 AM
    Funnily and unfortunately you can't!

 Q5 / Z30
    04-27-15 12:10 PM
    >>I know it is easier to say just ignore it than it sometimes is when it is irritating. My Playbook did it for a while and then stopped. <<

It's not terribly annoying - I can live with it. Just thought I'd check. Glad to hear that it might stop on its own.

At some point, I'm sure we will go ahead with 10.3. Just too many gripes so far. I'm perfectly happy with how my phone is working now, and neither me or the wife tend to want newness for the sake of newness. The only feature it looks like I'd particularly use is the new Assistant. I'm a bit put off by the changes it sounds like they've made to a few things, like the calendar, but again, I'd be able to live with that, if there were a compelling reason to change right now.

>>BUT did you purchase the phone from AT&T or directly from BB? I have not heard that AT&T is offering the 10.3.1.xxx upgrade.<<

No, I bought both of our phones unlocked, from Amazon. However, our old ATT cards were the wrong size, so we took the phones to the local ATT store, and they scanned them into their system, when they provided our new cards. Not like having a locked phone, but I just figured that they now would have our setup on record, and send the normal recommendations for updates.

I think we've been prompted to upgrade/update (over wifi) twice. The first one was from 10.1 to 10.2, and it was right when everyone here said ATT had released 10.2 for the first time, so I just assumed that these prompts to update are from ATT. Perhaps they were/are from Blackberry, but just took a long time to get to us, since 10.3 was released quite a while ago?
    04-27-15 12:49 PM
    Sounds like it might go away on it's own in a while. Once more of the bugs in 10.3 (like the continued vibration upon receiving calls) get fixed, we will likely update the phones anyway.
    04-27-15 12:52 PM
    I can assure you it won't stop, unless they stop pushing the update for some reason.

There should be a facility to turn the notification off, at least you must have auto update switched off or you would have been updated without any input from yourself, now that would be annoying!

Posted via CB10 using my Z10 STL100-2 /10.3.1.2576
    04-27-15 01:18 PM
    >>I know it is easier to say just ignore it than it sometimes is when it is irritating. My Playbook did it for a while and then stopped. <<

It's not terribly annoying - I can live with it. Just thought I'd check. Glad to hear that it might stop on its own.

At some point, I'm sure we will go ahead with 10.3. Just too many gripes so far. I'm perfectly happy with how my phone is working now, and neither me or the wife tend to want newness for the sake of newness. The only feature it looks like I'd particularly use is the new Assistant. I'm a bit put off by the changes it sounds like they've made to a few things, like the calendar, but again, I'd be able to live with that, if there were a compelling reason to change right now.

>>BUT did you purchase the phone from AT&T or directly from BB? I have not heard that AT&T is offering the 10.3.1.xxx upgrade.<<

No, I bought both of our phones unlocked, from Amazon. However, our old ATT cards were the wrong size, so we took the phones to the local ATT store, and they scanned them into their system, when they provided our new cards. Not like having a locked phone, but I just figured that they now would have our setup on record, and send the normal recommendations for updates.

I think we've been prompted to upgrade/update (over wifi) twice. The first one was from 10.1 to 10.2, and it was right when everyone here said ATT had released 10.2 for the first time, so I just assumed that these prompts to update are from ATT. Perhaps they were/are from Blackberry, but just took a long time to get to us, since 10.3 was released quite a while ago?
    The Amazon purchase might explain it. You may be getting the upgrade prompt directly from BB since BB has officially released 10.3.1.xxx for UNlocked phones. And from what I've read, if you do turn off cell service, then definitely while on wifi, you will get the upgrade notice.

Blend is available on the new OS (use it on tablet or desktop to mirror the phone - email, bbm etc). The new panorama mode in the camera is terrific. There was also some malware issue but I don't know if that affected 10.2.xxxx or early 10.3.1.xxxx - maybe not or else Verizon and AT&T probably would have finally issued a version of the release?????
    04-27-15 04:04 PM

Nope. Your phone is factory unlocked, and that's all that matters. Same thing would have happened if you had AT&T send you the new SIM in that mail and then did the setup yourself plugging in the IMEI number online to register it. Which was basically all they did at the store anyway.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 04:08 PM