Is there a 3rd party software or app that fixes or prevents multiple contacts on the Q10? I ended up with multiple copies of the same contact on my sim card and on the Q10. Is there any way to delete these multiple copies apart from deleting each one individually?? Many thanks for help, Castoridae
    PS: I posted this a few days ago, but worded it wrong.
    04-25-15 11:29 AM
    The way it worked for me was to use outlook.com email, calendar and contacts sink. I made sure I do not have duplicates on my computer on the outlook.com then just wiped my phone and sink the outlook. That way my contacts list got populated the right way. Also make sure before adding outlook.com that you don't have any saved contacts on you're sim card. Then all the time I'm adding a new contact I make sure I unchecked the save to the local contacts option and I save just with the outlook.com.

Visit my BBM Channel - C000E96F6
    04-25-15 11:37 AM
    One of the issues I have is not only duplicate contact but different names.

Ex. John Smith would be 1 contact and then another contact with something like "John Smi"

Another contacts have double names appearing such as "Sam Smith Smith" but when I look at the edit portion of the contact its listed as the proper name.

I had manually changed all the contacts when I first moved to BB10 and then I updated to 10.3.1 and I had the issue.

Terrible experience for myself but thankfully I don't have a lot of contacts like a business owner with 1000 or so. That could be a nightmare!

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 05:37 PM
    One of the issues I have is not only duplicate contact but different names.

Ex. John Smith would be 1 contact and then another contact with something like "John Smi"

Another contacts have double names appearing such as "Sam Smith Smith" but when I look at the edit portion of the contact its listed as the proper name.

I had manually changed all the contacts when I first moved to BB10 and then I updated to 10.3.1 and I had the issue.

Terrible experience for myself but thankfully I don't have a lot of contacts like a business owner with 1000 or so. That could be a nightmare!

Posted via CB10
    So are you saying there's no way except manually delete all the duplicates unless you have outlook, which I don't? This is so lame!!
    04-25-15 05:53 PM
    I am not sure about Outlook and synching contacts and such.

I am just a plain Jim user and list my contacts into my phone without any Outlook or anything.

How I originally corrected this problem when I switched from my Bold 9900 to BB10 was to go manually and fix my contacts on by one for all 180 contacts. Now with the 10.3.1 update I am kind of back to square one. Ohh well

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 07:56 PM
    In the Contacts settings menu, have you reviewed and specified which accounts you want included in the Contacts List. I thought I had a problem until I turned off the accounts causing duplicated contacts. I also discovered that major OS updates sometimes reverts to default setting causing the so called duplicated contacts.

Posted via CB10
    HesSoStrange likes this.
    04-25-15 09:07 PM
    You could also export the contact list (with an app, you got import export contacts on BBWorld) to CSV and edit contacts on Excel or Gnumeric, then clean the list and import the updated list.

Posted with a BlackBerry Q10, Australia
    04-25-15 09:38 PM
    Does Outlook have an option to disallow it from touching your contacts? Skype has that option, only when it updates, it sometimes overrides that option. Otherwise, it prevents seeing duplicates from appearing every day.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q10
    04-26-15 01:09 AM
    The way it worked for me was to use outlook.com email, calendar and contacts sink. I made sure I do not have duplicates on my computer on the outlook.com then just wiped my phone and sink the outlook. That way my contacts list got populated the right way. Also make sure before adding outlook.com that you don't have any saved contacts on you're sim card. Then all the time I'm adding a new contact I make sure I unchecked the save to the local contacts option and I save just with the outlook.com.

Visit my BBM Channel - C000E96F6
    ^^^^ I use this exact method too, works without fail.

 Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    04-26-15 01:34 AM
    Using passport, I just do the following things to get rid of zombie contacts:

1. Remove the google contact account
    2. Manual delete all the zombie contacts in BB (more than 1000 contacts)
    3. Re add the google contact account.

4. And duplicate contacts appear again.
    09-09-15 10:06 PM
    Using passport, I just do the following things to get rid of zombie contacts:

1. Remove the google contact account
    2. Manual delete all the zombie contacts in BB (more than 1000 contacts)
    3. Re add the google contact account.

4. And duplicate contacts appear again.
    Check if they are linked ?

Switch off all "contacts/settings/ (scroll down to) show account in contact list , and switch all off . then check if some contacts are still listed . If yes then check if they are linked and unlink them then delete all rest . After turn of in "show account in contact list " that you use .
    10-12-15 02:42 AM