Can I buy a T-Mobile 8320 Curve (for its WiFi) and then configure it to use on ATT/Cingular network?

**I might not need the data push feature, just phone, texting, and syncing up (via USB cable) to my outlook's calendar and contacts.

Thanks.
    12-01-07 01:30 PM
    Yes you can. Just no phone calls over the WiFi.
    12-01-07 01:36 PM
    Thanks I found that to be ok. Did anyone post the write-up on how to setup the TMobile Curve to get on the ATT text message network? I remember having to do that when I bought an unlocked German phone back in 2004. Or technology nowadays is really plug n' play, just put the ATT SIM card in the UNLOCKED TMobile 8320 and it's good to go?
    12-01-07 01:40 PM
    Write up? None that I know of. Probably you can That will help those that browse the FAQ.
    12-01-07 01:46 PM
    Theres no write up. The blackberry just needs the unlock code and since both are GSM, register it with ATT. It will be a bit difficult because their BIS software won't work right away. You have to set it up through the blackberry, not the internet. Then get on the internet. I had some issues with mine at first, but now email, texts, wifi, and contact sync work flawlessly! (BTW. If you have a friend with T-mobile who has been with the company for at least 90 days, have them call with your IMEI number and tell customer service they may be leaving the country and need an unlock code. Bamn. 3-6 days later (business days) I got my unlock code for free! If you are impatient, you can pay 30++ for one)

Anything else?
    12-01-07 07:22 PM
    even quicker now it only takes 24 hors to get ur unlock code from tmobile i got 2 in 24 hours for both of my curves
    12-02-07 07:15 AM
    i am returning my 8310 to at&t and buying a new unlocked curve (for wifi ). any issues from similar BB users ?
    12-08-07 04:30 PM
    I am big puzzle!

You see screenshots which I still getting an the wifi network shows a EDGE signal connection? is normal that way? wifi network over EDGE or EDGE connect via wifi network?

the icon WiFi enable on curve and dont swtich OFF EDGE, Is there something wrong?
    12-08-07 10:34 PM
    It means you are connected to the WIfi network, but calls are not going over Wifi, they are going over the Cell signal. What do you have set under "Mobile Network Options"?
    12-09-07 02:28 AM
    Jetflyer, I just bought an 8320 and am on at&t also ... any advice or info for setting up the BIS to make it all function properly?
    I appreciate any info,
    Eric
    12-09-07 09:02 PM
    Also read this from the PC Magazine review of the 8320:

Don't expect Wi-Fi to greatly speed up Web browsing or e-mail. As I found on the 8820, the BlackBerry system is so optimized for slow networks that there's very little visible difference in the speed of Web page loading in the BlackBerry browser or e-mail delivery over Wi-Fi versus EDGE. Browsing, IM, and other Internet applications all work over Wi-Fi, no problem—they just don't work much faster than they did before.

Wi-Fi does seem to take one toll on the Curve 8320: It is generally a touch less responsive than AT&T's non–Wi-Fi model, with menu options taking a little longer to register. It still feels livelier than Windows Mobile, though.
    12-13-07 09:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD