Just a question. Why does it cost $10 per month per BlackBerry device on Sprint? I switched all my devices to BlackBerry and Sprint added this charge per device. I asked them why and there only answer they will give me is (it guarantees service). The Android and Windows devices don't have this charge. Why?

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 08:05 PM
    beats the F** out of me why they do this i itried using a 9900 on tmobile till i got my passport and they wanted the same thing more money i said hell no and waited for the passport and i dont need to pay anything extra. with the pp everything works fine if i use one of the older devices no data would work. i am on the $30 plan so im not worried about anything its a steal in my opinion
    04-23-15 08:17 PM
    Sounds like Sprint is just trying to rip you off. BBOS devices required BlackBerry-specific plans, but BB10 devices don't.
    04-23-15 08:26 PM
    What does it show up as on your bill? I don't think I pay this but I don't have a statement handy to check. I'm on a Framily plan.

Edit: what devices do you have? If you have a Bold you pay for BlackBerry Services. But if you've got BB10 devices you shouldn't.
    Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 11:04 PM
    It's their 'Premium data charge" that originally was supposed to be for devices using 4G. Now, if you activate any phone other than a warranty replacement (even if it isn't 4G, you are hit with this 10.00/device charge. This is for their Family plans only (as far as I know).

Posted by twiddling my thumbs on the mighty Qued! - Channel C003DAB77
    04-23-15 11:10 PM
    It's their 'Premium data charge" that originally was supposed to be for devices using 4G. Now, if you activate any phone other than a warranty replacement (even if it isn't 4G, you are hit with this 10.00/device charge. This is for their Family plans only (as far as I know).

Posted by twiddling my thumbs on the mighty Qued! - Channel C003DAB77
    I am on a business plan, isn't the 9930 a 3G device. They have been charging me the $10 charge per 9930's and Q10's also. They are calling it Smart phone access. As for the 4G theory, the Android and Windows devices I had on there networks were 4G so I'm not buying that.
    When I asked them about the charges the only answer I get is, it Guarantees service. WTF is that?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by dphjeff; 04-24-15 at 09:29 PM.
    04-24-15 09:04 PM
    I am on a business plan, isn't the 9930 a 3G device. They have been charging me the $10 charge per 9930's and Q10's also. They are calling it Smart phone access. As for the 4G theory, the Android and Windows devices I had on there networks were 4G so I'm not buying that.
    When I asked them about the charges the only answer I get is, it Guarantees service. WTF is that?

Posted via CB10
    Like I said, it was originally a 'premium' charge for 4G access. Now it's a standard charge for the legacy family plans and, I guess, legacy business plans. I don't believe this charge exists on their newer 'Framily' plans, consumer-based lease plans, or other new plans that don't involve contract pricing. I don't agree with it, but I guess it's the price we pay for maintaining our legacy plans.
    04-29-15 07:19 PM