I just got my new z10 in the mail today. I got if off eBay. It is in mint condition. I only paid $88 for it. It was an in store demo they were selling and it was stuck in demo mode. $88 for a practically new phone. So as soon as I got it I wiped it and put the latest OS on it and got the snap app and loaded it up. I am testing it out for a while. I'm putting aside my note3 to use the z10. We will see how it goes. I have some apps that I have to have to run my business that only apps are android. So far my quick books payment app won't run the card reader on BlackBerry. Not good. But I love BlackBerry and have been a fan since I got my first one in 2005. But the limited apps of my first z10 a couple years ago forced me to android. But now that Amazon apps can be run on this new OS I am giving it another shot.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 09:39 PM
    I like this phone. It doesn't look like a space ship, but has a bunch of cool features and runs all the Android apps I need. Love the Hub and that it's never let me down... and that you do not have to wait around for an "official" OS release.
    04-20-15 09:45 PM
    But now that Amazon apps can be run on this new OS I am giving it another shot.
    There are some serious drawbacks and limitations:

- BB10 OS offers limited Android apps compatibility only. Apps with Google Play Services requirements won't work properly (hack is needed, patched apps), also the ones with direct hardware access requirements are no go. You have to test each one you need individually. No guarantees.

- Apps with >Android 4.3 requirement won't run on BB10 OS

- Android apps run on BB10 through emulation. Z10 uses the same hardware as Galaxy S3, but S3 is about twice as fast with it's own native Android apps. What you get with Z10 is 2010-2011 Android phone performance at best.

- Issues with Android apps notifications. Some work OK, some don't.
    04-21-15 05:16 PM
    There are some serious drawbacks and limitations:

- BB10 OS offers limited Android apps compatibility only. Apps with Google Play Services requirements won't work properly (hack is needed, patched apps), also the ones with direct hardware access requirements are no go. You have to test each one you need individually. No guarantees.

- Apps with >Android 4.3 requirement won't run on BB10 OS

- Android apps run on BB10 through emulation. Z10 uses the same hardware as Galaxy S3, but S3 is about twice as fast with it's own native Android apps. What you get with Z10 is 2010-2011 Android phone performance at best.

- Issues with Android apps notifications. Some work OK, some don't.
    I have noticed that some android apps install but won't function. I do not like the BlackBerry Facebook app. It is dated. So I tried to install the Facebook app from SNAP. But it won't run. So far the apps that I need from android that I have linstalled on my z10 either partially work or don't work at all. I think 1 out of 4 fully function. I will continue to work with the z10 till I perfect it.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 08:56 PM