So I recently bought a curve from t-mobile maybe 3 months ago and 2 days ago i dropped my phone it was not a big drop just a normal wear and tear drop. And all of the sudden the trackball the casing that it is inside of and the chrome piece that are on top fall out and i can not seem to get any of them to go back in. After a t-mobile rep informed me to try and force it back into place it broke the housing in which the trackball lives. it looks like it is something that can be fixed by a pro but def not me. I need advice on what to do t-mobile said that if that happens then it voids the warranty and they were basically like your only option is to buy a new phone. I dont want a new phone i want my phone. Also i dont know any repair shops near where i live. What should i do i have been a customer with t-mobile for 10 years should i threaten to leave the company or demand that they send me a replacement phone.

Any thought ideas questions comment.
    11-24-08 12:56 AM
    Trust me something similar happened to my 8310, I did the toss on my couch in my room and it bounced off and my trackball and ring popped out *threw it on the couch because it pissed me off for dropping calls* and I broke the silver ring but I am thinking maybe the os had a lot to do with it dropping calls.. I am going to replace the trackball and ring and see what can be done with my curve with an os update but if that does not work, I have my bold right now!

What I did was phoned ATT and told them that my phone's trackball fell out and they told me well you are out of warranty. So I threatened to cancel and they gave me an early exception upgrade because the replacement I thought was a new 8310 turned out to be an Refurbished.. Which it started acting like my previous 8300 replacements! Sucks pretty badly though... But I did get the Bold and finally Insurance on the phone so if after a year anymore problems, then I can get it replaced!

Charlie
    11-24-08 01:14 AM
    Where are you located at? I know I had to get my screen replaced and I went to a place near downtown la that fixed it and did an awesome job but it depends on where you live at

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 03:22 PM
    Mines out of warranty so I went to cnn.cn and had them send me (to the UK) a new OEM gold housing and 2 keyboard trays that have trackballs attached (one spare one). Got my self a set of TX 5/6/7 (you only need 5 and 6) torx drivers and yeeha a brand new 8320! Go on give it a go! The track ball feels better than the one that was originally on the phone but that may be because I'd popped it out to clean it a few times!
    11-24-08 04:24 PM
    depends on how far along u are with tmobile, i was 1 year and 8 months in when i broke some POS phone and i threatend to leave to AT&T if they didnt give me the curve and they did no questions asked....(the 1-800 #) the reps at the store wont do anything for ya.
    11-24-08 04:27 PM
    Hey MK..i switch out trackballs and housing quite often on my CB8320.. there is a few options here & none of them are overly complicated or expensive. 1st option is going to a T-mo Corp store but you must ask for the manager and b extra nice..when you arrive leave your trackball and the silver ring that keeps it in place in the car so it appears you are in dire need..ask if theres any way they can give you a trackball because your late for a meeting and you have to access emails in your CB during the meeting or a similar story
    option 2 is finding a repair center near your area..they can sell you the part and usually under $20

option 3 is doing a quick online search or going to cnn.cn and purchasing the trackball housing which should come with the ring to old in place...gosh why is our tech support so ********? "try and force it back into place"<----wow such a razor user no doubt!!

let me know if i can be of any more help MK
    11-25-08 04:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD