So, supposedly you're suppose to be able to perform wireless os upgrades on the Storm, but I've heard some people say this is for BES customers only and others say it's for everyone. So far, I've only seen the option on BES Storm devices and the Wireless upgrade option is not on my device. Any help?
    11-24-08 12:27 AM
    Get over the air updates *WHEN AVAILABLE.*

some phones have the wireless update option in advances options, if not, do this:

options > advanced options > service book > hover* over 'provisioning [otasl]' > menu key > delete >menu key > undelete

repeat that a few times then go to the home screen again then options > advanced options and there should be a new thing that says wireless upgrade at the bottom

obviously no upgrades yet, but at least you know you can do it OTA

It may take several attempts, as many as 6 or as little as 1, to be successful.
    11-24-08 12:29 AM
    yah go to options>advanced options>service book> p-something [OSTAL]>delete>undelete .. repeate 5 times.. then go to options advanced and scroll to bottom .
    11-24-08 12:30 AM
    I would imagine they would want to do that as they are putting up a new update,
    to make sure a zillion freaks on crack don't crash their system while they're trying to put it up....
    11-24-08 12:34 AM
    i did the whole process once and went back to home and back into options and it worked...
    11-24-08 12:41 AM
    i did the whole process once and went back to home and back into options and it worked...

Mine was gone about an hour ago, deleted and undeleted that little sucker about 20 time, it never came back.....figured the OS update was why.
    11-24-08 12:44 AM
    I got the wireless upgrade option back after one try, but then when I click "check for upgrades" it tells me "unsable to send request for available upgrades"
    11-24-08 01:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD