I'm only asking because I've had my z30 since launch and want a fresh look! That's all I can ask for... z30 been holding strong and has kept pace with my heavy usage.

Is there any reason outside of an improved camera to go to Leap? I feel it is the same, but better aesthetics - don't need USB to-go or hdmi, I did once upon a time.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 05:55 PM
    I can think of no good reasons to switch. Unless you want a smaller device for one handed use or something. In all other areas it is a step backwards from z30, even z10 in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 06:03 PM
    Touch�, thanks for the feedback.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 07:40 PM
    If you are a owner of a Z30 device i can't give you a single reason to buy the Blackberry Leap. Even if i hadn't none of these devices, except the price, i would rather buy the Z30 cause it feels a more premium design, with some additional things such as an awesome speaker sound and a quicker CPU really useful for running Android application. The switch to a Leap is in my opinion only interesting for the Z10 owners.
    daniel337 likes this.
    04-18-15 01:15 PM
    If you are a owner of a Z30 device i can't give you a single reason to buy the Blackberry Leap. Even if i hadn't none of these devices, except the price, i would rather buy the Z30 cause it feels a more premium design, with some additional things such as an awesome speaker sound and a quicker CPU really useful for running Android application. The switch to a Leap is in my opinion only interesting for the Z10 owners.
    ^^^^ this, I had a Z10 and went to a Z30. I wouldn't even consider going to a Leap, especially since the new Slider is due to release this summer...

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    Drew Oswalt likes this.
    04-18-15 01:26 PM
    I have a Passport and Z30 (and two dead Z10s), but would like to try a Leap just because...

Probably pretty dumb though.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 01:32 PM
    Not even z10 users.. downgrade
    daniel337 likes this.
    04-18-15 01:32 PM
    I got to use a Leap last night. It's not a bad looking device and its lite. The LCD screen looked really good and its got a soft-touch rubber back which is super nice.

Nevertheless, it's a hard sell to go from a Z30 which has better specs to a Leap.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    daniel337 likes this.
    04-18-15 09:49 PM
    Stick with what you have.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 11:24 PM
    Rather buy a another Z30.

Why Blackberry? Because I can!
    04-19-15 02:12 AM
    The only possible reason to buy the Leap as a Z30 owner is if you absolutely 100% need LTE on AT&T. That's it.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 02:32 AM
    Leap has better display than z30. Try it or wait for slider

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 05:58 AM
    Whatever you want to try go for it. Only you know what phone fits your personal preference.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 12:33 PM
    The slider will be nothing but a headache and something else to worry about malfunctioning or breaking. Stay away. Consider yourself warned.

Posted from BlackBerry Z10.
    mkelley65 likes this.
    04-19-15 02:27 PM
    I have a Z10, and am needing to upgrade. Great price on the Z30, but hate to get an "older dated" phone. Have been debating a Classic, but love the all-touch, which leaves the Leap. How much would I be giving up with the lack of AT&T LTE bands (how much performance loss)? I'm running 10.3.1.2576 on my Z10 and love it, and would like to be able to run 10.3 on my next phone as well. But since upgrading I have intermittent GPS functionality (Maps and Runtastic). Would I have the same problem if I upgrade a Z30? If so, I may have to go with the Classic.
    04-19-15 06:24 PM
    A new z30 it is! I'm extremely pleased with the z30, so quick to get things done, not sure I can ever use something else.

Posted via CB10
    Zeratul57 and Chris Chin like this.
    04-19-15 08:29 PM
    I have a Z10, and am needing to upgrade. Great price on the Z30, but hate to get an "older dated" phone. Have been debating a Classic, but love the all-touch, which leaves the Leap. How much would I be giving up with the lack of AT&T LTE bands (how much performance loss)? I'm running 10.3.1.2576 on my Z10 and love it, and would like to be able to run 10.3 on my next phone as well. But since upgrading I have intermittent GPS functionality (Maps and Runtastic). Would I have the same problem if I upgrade a Z30? If so, I may have to go with the Classic.
    Not and old system at all. Not much of a loss at all with no LTE. the 4g on an lte tower is extremely fast. No you wouldn't, the gps is alot more hyper on the Z30 and with the better antenna, you could use this phone another two years. It has everything and almost no one complains about the performance of this " old phone " just those that are brainwashed and want something new. Can any other manufacture pull that off in the last two years?
    Randy Jones likes this.
    04-19-15 08:55 PM
    Okay, so no (or not much) loss on LTE, but how about 10.3 on the Z30. I've had the problem with my GPS since I updated my Z10's to 10.3. I want to be able to use 10.3 as it's much better than 10.2, but would like to not have bug issues that are plaguing my Z10.
    04-20-15 07:51 AM
    I have had 10.3.1 since the last update was released and that was about 3 weeks ago? Its perfect, I have zero issues, my phone never saw a leak. I took out the sim, plugged up the phone to the computer opened link and updated. First 1767 then the latest immediately after. No issues at all and I have no problems with Blackberry maps. I even tested Blackberry Protect after the update and was amazed that my phone wasn't found on the street i live. It was found inside my house on the map! It doesn't get any better than that.

Since getting a HDD off letter R in my computer I now have Blackberry Blend working and no issues with Link. Life could not be better for this Tech.

My opinion of the Z10 is that it was a good starter phone for BB10. Nothing more that, lets be honest here.
    Z30 hardware is a much better match for today's software and I see it taking whatever the updates can bring to the OS in the future.
    Last edited by Zeratul57; 04-20-15 at 07:25 PM.
    Randy Jones likes this.
    04-20-15 07:03 PM
    You really, really need, and would be crazy not to buy, a Leap!

PS: I will buy your very old and stale Z30 with the crappy camera for $125.
    04-20-15 07:20 PM
    Does the Leap have USB OTG? Or SlimPort?

Those are the big ones for me. But the lack of AMOLED screen is a plus.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 09:25 PM
    Does the Leap have USB OTG? Or SlimPort?

Those are the big ones for me. But the lack of AMOLED screen is a plus.

Posted via CB10
    Neither.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 09:42 PM
    Neither.

Posted via CB10
    Seriously? I can't imagine trading a Z30 for a Leap, then. Unless you really really don't need those features and have cash to burn.

Micro-HDMI is fun for media (like preloaded FastTube documentaries), but USB OTG has saved my *** a few times, so I'll never buy another large phone without it.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 10:08 PM
    Definitely keep the Z30! It was a watershed device! Even though overlooked it received critical acclaim for its many features such as USB OTG, miracast, long battery life, and top contender for best speakers on a smart-phone.

Let's not forget it's glass weave back which gives it a real premium feel that no other smartphone can touch, other than the Q10 - both of which seem to be the only two devices to feature such a material and are quickly becoming discontinued and will be hard to find in a years time.

It really made its mark for BlackBerry during the dawn of BlackBerry 10, even though it was highly over-looked.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    Randy Jones and Pcmx like this.
    04-20-15 10:11 PM