Comps side by side to z-10/30 to the new m9 HTC and Samsung s6 on how they handle email accounts etc.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 04:16 PM
    I can tell you without a video that the bb10 email app (which is actually part of the hub, which Is another advantage) is better than on android. It's faster and has more features. It also has "priority hub" which is yet another bonus

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 04:28 PM
    It's faster and has more features.
    No, it's not faster and nothing you can do on BlackBerry is missing on Android. My main device is HTC One M7 and I can do everything faster on it compared to Z10.
    04-16-15 06:22 PM
    No, it's not faster and nothing you can do on BlackBerry is missing on Android. My main device is HTC One M7 and I can do everything faster on it compared to Z10.
    Okay.......faster than Passport?

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.1.2582
    04-16-15 06:56 PM
    Can you file messages or add to meetings? Can you swipe right+up/down to go to the next message without going back to all messages?

I'm asking because I don't know

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 07:17 PM
    I can tell you without a video that the bb10 email app (which is actually part of the hub, which Is another advantage) is better than on android. It's faster and has more features. It also has "priority hub" which is yet another bonus

Posted via CB10
    I really doubt you can say this without knowing how the OP uses email and what provider he uses.

In general Android is superior to Blackberry for email though. Not because Blackberry's email app is bad (it's actually quite good) but because of the power of the Android app store.

Let's get one quick thing out of the way. Yes, BB10 can use Android apps. But unless things have drastically changed in 10.3, Android apps are only serviceable on BB10, not good. I don't want anyone to spout the lie of "BB10 runs Android apps better than Android" because I can tell you on 10.1.X and 10.2.X I was told this multiple times and I found apps that ran quite a bit worse on my Z10 than it did on my Samsung Galaxy S2 (a phone 2 years older). Also not all the apps work.

Ok, anyways, the fact that there's a ton of very well made email apps on Android means you can find the one best for you. If you're a hardcore Gmail user heavily in the Google environment, the official Gmail app will probably be much better than BB's email app. If you're hardcore Outlook, official Outlook. Same with Yahoo. If you need a unified one, there's a lot of those too. You can just google "Best Android Email Apps". There's a lot of very well made ones for free.

That said, the Blackberry email app is quite good. I've never had a problem with it, though I do wish I could report spam from it.

Without knowing exactly how the OP uses email though, I don't think we can really say one way or the other.
    Last edited by spacemanspork; 04-17-15 at 03:51 PM. Reason: wow i really biffed up some grammar there.
    04-17-15 01:34 AM
    OK, so how about comps for the two newest premier androids. M9 vs s6. Against Passport?

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 09:58 PM
    BlackBerry is not perfect but my Z10 is working without any problem since 2013.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 05:50 AM
    Can you file messages or add to meetings? Can you swipe right+up/down to go to the next message without going back to all messages?
    I can do anything on Android. If it's not a built-in functionality, there is always an app for that.
    04-18-15 03:44 PM
    OK, so how about comps for the two newest premier androids. M9 vs s6. Against Passport?
    Passport is a good hardware device, but it suffers from the same issues like all BlackBerry devices - extremely unpopular OS with no certain future, almost dead ecosystem with limited Android compatibility, no native support from 3rd party software and hardware manufacturers. M9 and S6 will run their native apps better and faster. Passport runs Android through emulation and no Android app is optimized for 1:1 screen ratio.
    04-18-15 03:50 PM
    Emails, passport is probably the best on the market.
    Apps and games, probably one of the worst.

I got my passport for predominately the email experience, which is fantastic.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 07:45 PM
    Email stomps Android and iOS. Don't let the fanboys tell you otherwise.
    04-18-15 07:50 PM

I'm asking because I don't know

Posted via CB10
    You can do all of that on a Galaxy S3 (using the Stock Samsung Email app), so anything beyond that will handle it with ease, and way faster, and of course the software on the latter devices is a lot better than it was on the S3.

The iPhone allows you to do almost [if not] all of that with Mail.app as well.

It almost sounds like people didn't expect PIM functionality on other OSes to improve over the past 7+ years. People alive been saying this for years, but other platforms have largely caught up with Blackberry for PIM functionality on smartphones, and easily surpassed them once you add the App ecosystems on top of that.

Blackberry's Bread and Butter has always been in Corporate Sectors (MDM, Encryption and Secure Communications, etc.). This illusion of them being PIM Gods I think is nothing more than a defense to other platforms' dominance in media consumption and gaming which stuck due to a need for a selling point for BB's devices (which at the time, were not like BB10 and were actually way worse than anything else on the market except for PIM largely due to their productive hardware keyboards).

And of course this was perpetuated by BB's leaders back in the day ("Tools, not Toys").

The average consumer doesn't use email enough to care which platform is better at it. They just send messages instead, and even BBM is available for competing platforms these days...
    04-19-15 03:18 AM