BlackBerryCentral has gotten some new information (including a release date) about the upcoming BlackBerry Oslo*device quietly announced at MWC.

https://www.blackberrycentral.com/ne...ackberry-oslo/

Simply 
    m3mb3rsh1p likes this.
    04-16-15 12:34 PM
    Wow! Could there be a chance to name it something else?

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.281
    04-16-15 12:37 PM
    Wow! Could there be a chance to name it something else?

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.281
    Why? Any bad memories with Oslo? lol

Simply 
    04-16-15 12:39 PM
    How accurate can be this news ? Where is the fcc report ? I'm very exited for passport 2 but doubt about the news authenticity.
    Tell me I'm wrong ! ! ;-)

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 12:43 PM
    How accurate can be this news ? Where is the fcc report ? I'm very exited for passport 2 but doubt about the news authenticity.
    Tell me I'm wrong ! ! ;-)

Posted via CB10
    We will see

Simply 
    04-16-15 12:44 PM
    This looks great ( to me) .
    Would buy this FOR SURE

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 12:47 PM
    WOW! If this really does launch in June, then it's going to be a wonderful year.
    Last edited by m3mb3rsh1p; 04-16-15 at 12:59 PM.
    04-16-15 12:48 PM
    I want one with a virtual keyboard.
    amjass12, jaydee5799 and nt300 like this.
    04-16-15 01:50 PM
    Let me share a thought about that device. I just finished reading the post about it on the CB home page and it seems to be a region specific (China) device. Chances are it will be a Passport with different materials and a slightly different form factor. I really hope this is NOT one of the four devices intended for this year.. Because, if that's the case, we'll have:
    - Leap
    - Porsce design (not a device for everybody)
    - Oslo (region specific,a refurbished Passport)
    - Slider

So,with the Leap already out, what we can expect is 'just' the slider that is due for the end of the year? That makes me sad..

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 01:52 PM
    This is a China-only device.
    04-16-15 01:59 PM
    Let me share a thought about that device. I just finished reading the post about it on the CB home page and it seems to be a region specific (China) device. Chances are it will be a Passport with different materials and a slightly different form factor. I really hope this is NOT one of the four devices intended for this year.. Because, if that's the case, we'll have:
    - Leap
    - Porsce design (not a device for everybody)
    - Oslo (region specific,a refurbished Passport)
    - Slider

So,with the Leap already out, what we can expect is 'just' the slider that is due for the end of the year? That makes me sad..

Posted via CB10
    The Slider may in fact be the device us all-touch users are looking for too. From n4bb (I hope they're right):

"The BlackBerry Slider, which was shown off at this year�s Mobile World Congress, is meant to take the high-end all-touch spot in BlackBerry�s portfolio and be the device that so many people are waiting for.

Now, I know what you�re thinking: �JT, the Slider has a keyboard. It�s not an all-touch device.� Technically, you�re correct. However, we�ve been assured that the way BlackBerry is designing this device will make it just as useful, slim and attractive*to*both a slider lovers and those that want a touch-only device."

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    Mr4aces likes this.
    04-16-15 02:14 PM
    The Slider may in fact be the device us all-touch users are looking for too. From n4bb (I hope they're right):

"The BlackBerry Slider, which was shown off at this year’s Mobile World Congress, is meant to take the high-end all-touch spot in BlackBerry’s portfolio and be the device that so many people are waiting for.

Now, I know what you’re thinking: “JT, the Slider has a keyboard. It’s not an all-touch device.” Technically, you’re correct. However, we’ve been assured that the way BlackBerry is designing this device will make it just as useful, slim and attractive*to*both a slider lovers and those that want a touch-only device."

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    Could be. Will have to be able to actually handle one at a Verizon store. Will that be possible? Or will be another exclusive somewhere else?
    04-16-15 02:17 PM
    Isn't there many CDMA carriers in China? I could be wrong on that but if so there's no reason this couldn't be made available on Verizon and/or Sprint. Just a thought.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 04:35 PM
    It remained me the old Nokia 6300

BlackBerry Oslo-n6300_03_lowres.jpg

It would be cool to see the passport in stainless steel

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 06:52 PM
    I want one.

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    04-16-15 06:58 PM
    looks like the "Oslo" is a passport, but with a virtual keyboard. More screen real estate should be interesting.https://www.blackberrycentral.com/me...1616484611.jpg
    04-16-15 07:00 PM
    If it's a VKB where is the typing area?
    04-16-15 07:13 PM
    looks like the "Oslo" is a passport, but with a virtual keyboard. More screen real estate should be interesting.
    What virtual keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 07:21 PM
    looks like the "Oslo" is a passport, but with a virtual keyboard. More screen real estate should be interesting.https://www.blackberrycentral.com/me...1616484611.jpg
    You might be right I Tried to zoom in on the keys and they don't look like individual keys. And before you mentioned it I was wondering why they would make a physical keyboard with western letters primarily for the Chinese market. It really only makes sense to be a some kind of vertical keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 07:46 PM
    You might be right I Tried to zoom in on the keys and they don't look like individual keys. And before you mentioned it I was wondering why they would make a physical keyboard with western letters primarily for the Chinese market. It really only makes sense to be a some kind of vertical keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    1) It's pretty clearly just an early render
    2) A 'Western keyboard' means nothing.

http://crackberry.com/digital-china-...artphone-china
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-cur...g-china-mobile
    04-16-15 08:06 PM
    Isn't there many CDMA carriers in China? I could be wrong on that but if so there's no reason this couldn't be made available on Verizon and/or Sprint. Just a thought.

Posted via CB10
    Because it's not CDMA as Verizon or Sprint uses. It's TD-SCDMA
    04-16-15 08:16 PM
    Is that a Porsche design of BlackBerry passport... OMG...

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 08:32 PM
    Do not know why so many are hung up on the name... as BB rarely releases any device with the rumored name....
    04-16-15 08:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    There's only 3 carriers in China, all state owned: China Mobile, China Telecom and China Unicom.

China Mobile uses 2G GSM and TD-LTE, China Unicom uses FD-LTE and UMTS, and China Telecom uses 1xEVDO.

All the others are just resellers and MVNOs.
    raino likes this.
    04-16-15 08:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    Have you heard about the Pinyin input method? That is what is normally used for inputting S. Chinese character. Of course, in some cases, people also use handwriting recognition too, but the support is not baked in BB10.
    04-16-15 08:56 PM
128 123 ...