So, just thought I'd share what an AT&T rep just told me over the phone. I had inquired about the BlackBerry Leap because my wife's Z10 just crapped out. She loved her Z10 and has no interest in the Classic or Passport. She expressed interest in the Leap, mainly because there is no interest in the "Slider." (complete opposite of me - dying for it to come out)

Anyways, asked the rep about when it was coming out.

Response I got:
    I do not have any information on that, Sir. We are currently focusing on our new Samsung 6 and 6 Edge phones. We will probably have something once we are no longer on the S6.

I'm sure that's not news to you all.

Smh

Posted via CB10
    itiswhatitisnt likes this.
    04-14-15 10:48 PM
    That would be pretty usual for ATT. Many of their customer service people are kept in the dark about the future. All is about selling the current hot phone (read that the one that makes ATT the most money). My family has been with ATT for many years but we buy all our phones from third party providers and put in a sim card. We are done dealing with ATT for devices.
    04-15-15 06:54 AM
    You can get the Zs for around $120 on ebay.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 07:34 AM
    I really doubt they'll carry it. The keyboard blackberries are the only ones that sell in any appreciable numbers for at&t and I don't think they will carry three new blackberries at once. Just my guess based on years of sales with the company.
    04-20-15 10:59 AM
    The Leap has the LTE band 17 which the Z30 does not. I'd take Leap over Z30 if you're on AT&T.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 12:02 PM
    Just got my Leap today from Amazon ($275, the same price as BlackBerry US). I am more than pleasantly surprised. The build quality is solid, albeit a tad hefty, but I like that. The screen is the best looking I've seen from the few BBs I've had (Z10, Q10, Classic) and for all the belly-aching going on about specs, it's also the most responsive and fluid of them all. I can't speak about the Z30, since I'm also with AT&T and it was never available, but with the Leap LTE was displayed right away and all is great so far.

Unless there's a reason you're waiting on AT&T (contract or whatever), just go to the source and get the unlocked one. When I first booted up there was a small update (20MB), which I don't know if it was from BlackBerry or AT&T, but afterwards I had Visual Voice mail all ready to go. Bottom line, I'm a very happy camper.

Posted via CB10
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    04-23-15 05:30 PM
    The Leap has the LTE band 17 which the Z30 does not. I'd take Leap over Z30 if you're on AT&T.

Posted via CB10
    Pretty much the only reason to.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 05:32 PM
    I have the leap on AT&T and it work great I pick it up from amazon for $275.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 07:33 AM