Hello everyone, long time Q10 user here.. lately I've been thinking about buying new blackberry. I've tried Classic and it wasn't for me and back to Q10.. recently I bought Z30, mainly because I need larger screen. Any tips on using VKB on Z30? I really love this thing, the built quality is amazing, and very light weight compared to classic.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 11:25 PM
    Just keep using it and trust the autocorrect. You'll get the hang of it eventually (or so i'm told).

Shortcuts like swipe up to type, swipe left across the keyboard to delete a word, and swipe down to insert a single symbol help too.

Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 11:40 PM
    Just keep using it and trust the autocorrect. You'll get the hang of it eventually (or so i'm told).

Shortcuts like swipe up to type, swipe left across the keyboard to delete a word, and swipe down to insert a single symbol help too.

Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the tips Bro, i think you're right. It's just a matter of time before I get to used to VKB on Z30. I think best thing about VKB is that I'm using words predictions more than on PKB. On PKB I tend to press every letter than using words predictions.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 01:46 AM
    You'll get used to it. Really is a great keyboard. It has its off days ( or maybe it's me) when it doesn't want to correct properly or is a bit difficult to use, but otherwise solid piece of software.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 11:54 AM
    The Z10 was my first VKB phone after years of PKB BlackBerry phones. Took some time to use the Z10. The Z30 was a joy from the beginning. Now own a Classic but not going back. Someone in the family may inherit the PKB. VKB is a winner in my life.
    04-14-15 12:45 PM
    I honestly think I would have some time to get used to VKB.. I'm struggling with VKB for the past few days .. hopefully this transition will go smoothly.. thanks for the tips though

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 01:03 PM
    I honestly think I would have some time to get used to VKB.. I'm struggling with VKB for the past few days .. hopefully this transition will go smoothly.. thanks for the tips though

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I struggled for a month or so, kept eyeing my q10 thinking that I should just go back and sell the z30. But I stuck with it and now (after about 4.5 months) i'm pretty used to it. Like someone else said, I have my off days, but it's not bad. I don't think I can let go of the bigger screen at this point (waiting for the slider, which I think will be perfect for me).

You'll find that your fingers don't get as tired though from typing. On the pkb my fingers would slow down because they would get so tired from the pushing of keys. The vkb allows me to maintain speed (at the cost of a little accuracy though) while typing long emails.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 12:19 AM
    I'm still torn between the two. It just feels better to type on the PKB. It's not faster, nor more accurate for me.

I keep switching between the Z30 and Q10. Finding it harder and harder to adapt to the small screen of the Q I do tend to switch a bit less than before.

I'm also waiting for the slider to be released. Hope that will finally be my all in one device.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 04:12 AM
    Had been using PKB ever since my Nokia E6 > Bold 9700 > Curve 9360 > Q10. Until I got a Z10.i find BB's VKB impeccable due to the amazing shortcut features they have.

1. Swipe up to input predicted words: love this feature as it isn't limited to words above specific letters (e.g. Swiping up on a letter in close proximity to desired word works too!)
    2. Swipe left to delete a word: find myself using this to even delete a sentence!
    3. Swipe down for symbols

And maybe the VKB is made by calculations based on the Golden Ratio or something. The letters are adequately spaced which makes typing on a VKB extremely satisfying (imo), which is surprising considering the limited width of the Z10's screen.

Cheers, and I hope you would find you will find your switch a breezy one!

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 07:07 AM
    Earlier today, I'm able to tried my friend z30 that still on 10.2, at first glance I instantly loving the keyboard!! I wonder what the difference between 10.3 & 10.2 keyboard?? It felt different IMO. If I were to downgrade to 10.2, what will I missing?

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    04-16-15 07:48 AM
    Earlier today, I'm able to tried my friend z30 that still on 10.2, at first glance I instantly loving the keyboard!! I wonder what the difference between 10.3 & 10.2 keyboard?? It felt different IMO. If I were to downgrade to 10.2, what will I missing?

Well, Blend is only available on 10.3.1. I believe the Panorama camera mode is new in it. There are quite a few other tweaks. Actually, if you go to the home page blog, if you read Bla1ze's blog/review of the Leap, he goes over a number of features in 10.3.1 OS versions. BlackBerry Leap Review! | CrackBerry.com
    04-16-15 08:46 AM
    Well, Blend is only available on 10.3.1. I believe the Panorama camera mode is new in it. There are quite a few other tweaks. Actually, if you go to the home page blog, if you read Bla1ze's blog/review of the Leap, he goes over a number of features in 10.3.1 OS versions. BlackBerry Leap Review! | CrackBerry.com
    Thanks for the explanation F2 one thing that I noticed was android runtime on 10.3.1 is far superior than on 10.2.. so no go for me. I'm using plenty android apps.

With that, I must update on my 4th day using VKB on Z30. Apparently I'm getting better and better every day, really love this VKB!! Less amount of Pressure on my thumb compared using PKB. Hopefully this goes well

Anyway, thanks for the tips and support guys Blackberry Rocks!!!!

FF22 likes this.
    04-18-15 05:57 AM
    Hello,
    I'm using blackberry since 2002, the real keyboard is great while writing, but the small screen is the problem, and watching movies by micro hdmi is a problem for q10, scanning dox is a problems, battery is a problem,
    Z30 is the winner because u can hide the keyboard and use the full screen for work or videos or photos, so keep the z30

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 06:29 AM
    Hello,
    I'm using blackberry since 2002, the real keyboard is great while writing, but the small screen is the problem, and watching movies by micro hdmi is a problem for q10, scanning dox is a problems, battery is a problem,
    Z30 is the winner because u can hide the keyboard and use the full screen for work or videos or photos, so keep the z30

Posted via CB10
    Hi Ashraf,

Yeah, I'm also using BlackBerry since the glorious day of bold 9000 hehe.. that's the sole reason I'm switching to z30 in the first place, it's kinda hard to stream YouTube on Q10.. therefore I had to use 2 handset, but sometimes it feels hustle carrying 2 handset. So I decided to move to z30

04-18-15 10:41 AM