04-05-15 03:31 AM
    This is old news, there are other threads about it already. An imbecile reporting on what other imbecile has said.
    04-05-15 03:42 AM
    Ha ha ha, yes of course the writer is an fool... How dare anyone ever have an opinion other than yours..... Smh
    04-05-15 07:52 AM
    Why do people stress over this?

Z30something
    04-05-15 09:55 AM
    That CrackBerry can be more addictive than an iPhone... the logic is totally flawed... :-)

�   Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....   �
    jmr1015 and highos like this.
    04-05-15 04:28 PM
    Not bad at all. What they are saying is there are less distractions. You can focus more.

Posted via CB10
    gruv4u likes this.
    04-05-15 04:51 PM
    I like it.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 05:01 PM
    FYI, the rules state you have to add some comment to your post, you can't just post url without saying something like "I agree/disagree with this article". One sentence is fine.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 05:56 PM
    Not bad at all. What they are saying is there are less distractions. You can focus more.

Posted via CB10
    It's not saying there's less distractions, it says that there's less functionality available. So they're saying that BlackBerry is inferior to other os's

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 06:08 PM
    He explained it best, the iPhone was a toy that wasted his important time so he went to the phone that without knowing, can do it too but doesn't. Your too busy enjoying the ease of getting work done.

The iPhone, good to entertain kids in grocery lines but not practical when reliability is required.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-05-15 06:36 PM
    Yes. The Gf's IPhone is a toy,nothing more it seems. Great for Facecrack and other superfluous entertainment but my BB,while offering all that ****, is business *****. And that's ok...

Lovingly created by my Z30
    04-05-15 06:45 PM
    You guys seem to know a lot about toys!

Be classically hip with the BlackBerry Classic
    04-05-15 06:58 PM
    You guys seem to know a lot about toys!

Be classically hip with the BlackBerry Classic
    And a lot of them are tools as well.

Posted from a D618
    TgeekB, techvisor, Cynycl and 1 others like this.
    04-05-15 07:13 PM
    I swear people in here sound like mindless robots talking about work and productivity. Do you really think that people aren't able to get work done on other platforms? If that was remotely true no business would have adopted these other platforms and people wouldn't use them as daily phones. Its so ridiculous when stuff like that is said. Sometimes I think that people in CrackBerry think they are the only ones in the world that are getting work done because they use a BB and everyone else is just sitting around playing games because their phone can't do anything else.

Now que the next thread about how this game or that game is working on a BB or the next blog post discussing what new game has been released for BB10.
    Last edited by donnation; 04-07-15 at 09:40 AM.
    gebco, Couver81, RH1Pearl and 15 others like this.
    04-05-15 08:40 PM
    While this article was moronic satire it did have a tinge of truth. I notice in public there is a sea of people all attached to their glowing screens 12 inches from their face, all hooked to the control interface and infotainment addictions. Whatever way they choose to be "connected" they arent aware of anyone or anything around them. How "connected" can you be if you don't even care to have a conversation with those around you?

I saw this addiction in myself and my personal solution was to get a Blackberry. Never considered it "less functional" but saw it as giving the funtions I needed, minimilizing the distractions. Fit my minimalist lifestyle. I could stay connected without losing 40 minutes on one addiction to the next. My Blackberry tells me what I need to know in 5 minutes, and done back to living life.

I know I am in the minority. Dont care
    ubizmo and SilkySunshine like this.
    04-06-15 12:23 AM
    Sometimes I think that people in CrackBerry think they are the only ones in the world that are getting work done because they use a BB and everyone else is just sitting around playing games because their phone can't do anything else.

Now que the next thread about how this game or that game is working on a BB or the next blog post discussing what new game has been released for BB10.
    CNET article about BlackBerry.-img_20150406_065602.png
    CNET article about BlackBerry.-img_20150406_065608.png
    CNET article about BlackBerry.-img_20150406_065627.png
    CNET article about BlackBerry.-img_20150406_065633.png
    04-06-15 07:58 AM
    I saw this addiction in myself and my personal solution was to get a Blackberry. Never considered it "less functional" but saw it as giving the funtions I needed, minimilizing the distractions.
    I see the same, but the "cure" isn't to resort to any particular device. It's to recognize the problem and acquire the discipline to overcome it. Smartphones have a lot of capabilities that are incredibly useful at times, but it's up to us to decide how intrusive we want them to be.
    04-06-15 08:04 AM
    ... I notice in public there is a sea of people all attached to their glowing screens 12 inches from their face, all hooked to the control interface and infotainment addictions. Whatever way they choose to be "connected" they arent aware of anyone or anything around them. How "connected" can you be if you don't even care to have a conversation with those around you?
    I believe this phenomenon originated with people using their "Crackberries" back in the day.
    04-06-15 08:09 AM
    We'll let this thread go as long as it doesn't head down the same path as the other one on the same topic. And yes it would have been nice if the OP had added some original thought!

From our Community Rules & Guidelines....

Copy/Paste of Articles - Blatant copy/paste of articles from outside sources with no additional commentary is strictly prohibited. Failure to include your own original thoughts or relevant feedback is discouraged. Blatant copy/paste offenders will receive a warning or infraction.
    04-06-15 08:22 AM
    I see what you're saying but I don't think that's the point. The point that many are trying to make is that the BBOS is legit better at taking care of the tasks than any other mobile platform--or that could just be my opinion.
    04-06-15 09:58 AM
    I swear people in here sometimes talk like mindless work robots talking about work and productivity. Do you really think that people aren't able to get work done on other platforms? If that was remotely true no business would have adopted these other platforms and people wouldn't use them as daily phones. Its so ridiculous when stuff like that is said. Sometimes I think that people in CrackBerry think they are the only ones in the world that are getting work done because they use a BB and everyone else is just sitting around playing games because their phone can't do anything else.

I see what you're saying but I don't think that's the point. The point that many are trying to make is that the BBOS is legit better at taking care of the tasks than any other mobile platform--or that could just be my opinion.
    04-06-15 10:00 AM
    "Technically Incorrect offers a slightly twisted take on the tech that's taken over our lives."

Seems the author is living up to the column's namesake.
    04-06-15 10:13 AM
    Iphones are the leading Enterprise device nowadays. If they weren't, BB would have close to a 20% market share, positive revenue and a stock price double it's current level. Law, finance, publishing etc. work pretty damn hard and do much of the 'real' business that happens around the world. If their first choice of a connected smartphone is an Iphone and not a BB, one might want to seriously reconsider the 'tools not toys narrative' so as not to further alienate an already alienated segment of users BB desperately needs to win back.
    04-06-15 10:15 AM
    While this article was moronic satire it did have a tinge of truth. I notice in public there is a sea of people all attached to their glowing screens 12 inches from their face, all hooked to the control interface and infotainment addictions. Whatever way they choose to be "connected" they aren't aware of anyone or anything around them. How "connected" can you be if you don't even care to have a conversation with those around you?

I saw this addiction in myself and my personal solution was to get a Blackberry. Never considered it "less functional" but saw it as giving the functions I needed, minimizing the distractions. Fit my minimalist lifestyle. I could stay connected without losing 40 minutes on one addiction to the next. My Blackberry tells me what I need to know in 5 minutes, and done back to living life.
    Not a gamer, but addicted to checking CrackBerry and ignoring those around me.
    04-06-15 12:29 PM
    Iphones are the leading Enterprise device nowadays. If they weren't, BB would have close to a 20% market share, positive revenue and a stock price double it's current level. Law, finance, publishing etc. work pretty damn hard and do much of the 'real' business that happens around the world. If their first choice of a connected smartphone is an Iphone and not a BB, one might want to seriously reconsider the 'tools not toys narrative' so as not to further alienate an already alienated segment of users BB desperately needs to win back.
    So, is it your stance that BlackBerry devices cannot get these tasks done?
    04-06-15 05:37 PM
77 123 ...