I recently drowned my my Blackberry 9800 on a motorcycle trip in wet weather, so I purchased a used 9810 from ebay. I really wanted to keep with the same sort of phone but I was loathe to buy a new BB because more and more carriers in Australia are discontinuing plans that work with BB, so I know I`ll have to change brands sooner or later.

The phone I bought works perfectly, is running the latest version of OS 7 and I have restored all the data from my old phone. The problem I have is that the phone is password protected and locks me out every 10 minutes, which is VERY annoying. I was given the password by the seller, I can change the password no problem, I can change the time it takes before locking the device but can only select either 5 or 10 mins.

The main problem is I CANNOT SWITCH THE PASSWORD PROTECTION OFF. It is greyed out and has a padlock icon next to it. I have used the search function on here, lots of well meaning help ie "pull the battery out" "go to password and switch it off" "select encryption" etc NONE OF WHICH WORK. I suspect this was set up on this handset by the original owner of the phone, a business in this case, as administrator.

Does anyone know how to deactivate this?

Thanks in advance, for any help and/or opinions.
    04-02-15 08:57 PM
    if it was set up by a business admin. i believe the only way to remove the IT policy is to reload an OS.
    But you would need to research that aspect. I would hate for you to reload and not be able to get back into the phone....
    04-09-15 07:07 PM