A friend of mine runs a private business selling phones to corporations in Canada (won't say more than this), but he told me he is selling out of Classics and is selling hundreds and hundreds of them at a time.

Fingers crossed, but he was exceptionally happy with how much business he doing off the phone.

Posted from my awesome White Z30
    04-01-15 03:42 AM
    Let's hope it continues
    04-01-15 03:48 AM
    That's awesome to hear. :-D

Hope the Leap as the fleet touchscreen equivalent is an equally good hit with large accounts ...

�   Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....   �
    04-01-15 03:56 AM
    I wonder how much Blend has to do with it. My wife started using it with her new Classic a few weeks ago, and now she is totally and completely hooked! She was really ticked a few days ago when it wasn't working. Turns out that she couldn't find the icon to get it running. There was nothing wrong with Blend.

I wish that BlackBerry would start to promote this feature a bit more.

Posted via CB10
    ricocan likes this.
    04-01-15 01:08 PM
    That's awesome news what would be better if the z30 sells well to
    04-01-15 01:21 PM
    More z30's are available again on Crackberry!!!

Perhaps they can get the word out better than BlackBerry.

Also, I wonder if they can take advantage of the news in The Globe and Mail today about expiring contracts in June.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 01:32 PM
    I wanna see the receipts!
    04-01-15 02:56 PM
    Without much evidence, I take this with a grain of salt.

If it turns out to be true, then we'll see it in the financial results and market metrics.
    rai187 likes this.
    04-01-15 05:33 PM
    This is what my buddy told me, but his company is very small and he's just one company. These are just his own personal (company) sales.

Last edited by mnc76; 04-01-15 at 06:22 PM.
    04-01-15 05:59 PM
    This is what my buddy told me, but his company is very small and he's just one company. These are just his own personal sales.

Very small and hundreds of handsets at a time don't add up.

I'm not saying I don't believe you. Just that you may have overstated the impact here.
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    04-01-15 06:11 PM

I'm not saying I don't believe you. Just that you may have overstated the impact here.
    He is associated with Bell I think though, and does only corporate sales. He doesn't sell less than 50 phones at a time in his business. He doesn't deal with volumes smaller than that.

04-01-15 06:26 PM
    It would be rather ironic after 2 years of BlackBerry trying to modernise it's phone line up and drag it's users and customers kicking and screaming in to the 2010's from 2000's where they were stuck if the phone that saves the hardware business turns out to be the Classic!

But if so, and if it means they can then afford to make a new high end all touch phone soon, then so be it.

Posted from the CB10 app on my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2/10.3.1.2576 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.5.6
    theone06 and nick13b like this.
    04-01-15 06:53 PM
    You really can not judge what happens in the Greater Toronto Area as indicative of what is happening around the world. I sometimes think that BlackBerry should be further removed from the Toronto Enterprise market to get a better understanding of the smartphone market.

Posted via CB10
    johnnyuk and Troy Tiscareno like this.
    04-01-15 07:44 PM
    April Fools?

If not, that's great to hear.

Posted via CB10
    RLTurn77 likes this.
    04-01-15 07:44 PM
    A friend of mine runs a private business selling phones to corporations in Canada (won't say more than this), but he told me he is selling out of Classics and is selling hundreds and hundreds of them at a time.

Fingers crossed, but he was exceptionally happy with how much business he doing off the phone.

No friends of mine have ever seen a BB10 phone in use.

Neither have l.

Just another anecdote.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-01-15 10:55 PM

Neither have l.

Just another anecdote.

I remember the time some d0uche posted a useless comment on a well-meaning thread I created. There's another anecdote.

MOD: I request shutting down this thread. It looks like it will likely turn into a BlackBerry hate-fest.

Last edited by mnc76; 04-02-15 at 12:24 AM.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    04-02-15 12:09 AM
    Straight from BlackBerry Leb, classic stocks all out!!

Sold every single item and waiting for replenishment!

Posted via CB10
    nyfinch likes this.
    04-02-15 12:24 AM
    You really can not judge what happens in the Greater Toronto Area as indicative of what is happening around the world. I sometimes think that BlackBerry should be further removed from the Toronto Enterprise market to get a better understanding of the smartphone market.

Posted via CB10
    Like I said, this is info from just one company.

So if in 3 months we hear that Classic sales *overall* have been poor (and we already know they WILL be poor compared to Android and iOS sales), my friend will still be happy: he was able to make money on the Classic at this point in time.

In my mind, if I were to extrapolate from this one datapoint, it *may* mean that we see the decline in BB10 handset sales slow down a bit. I wouldn't speculate beyond that.

04-02-15 12:34 AM
    Blend could resurrect the OS. But who knows about it? Certainly not anyone that doesn't own a blackberry. Because there is no marketing.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 01:01 AM
    It seems like it is doing well.
    I know some IT people. 1 of them i converted to z30 from iphone 4s.
    Yesterday i got a message from him...
    He no longer is the one and only bb10 user in his company. 3 People arrived this monday with a brand new classic (which they asked him to help to set it up)...

2of those 3 people where NOT ex BlackBerry users...
    So yeah, it looks like it is doing well.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 01:08 AM

Ah ok, that makes a bit more sense. Thanks for the clarification regarding corporate sales + minimum order.
    04-02-15 01:45 AM
    I was just in Verizon yesterday and the sales guy said that he's sold "a number of the new BlackBerrys", this is remarkable because of the location. I live where upstate NY and the suburbs of New York City meet, not exactly the place you would expect to find "a number" of BlackBerry buyers.

But as I've been saying since the launch of the Z "the problem with BlackBerry is the software, not the form factor". The Bold form factor is perfected and will always be in demand. BlackBerry made a mistake by not launching the Classic first and instead messing around with "modernizing" themselves, just as Nokia made a mistake with going with Windows Phone, if they had gone with Android, Samsung wouldn't be top dog right now that's for sure

"Correct me grammar fascists! I'm ready!"
    04-02-15 02:47 AM
    Forbidden, you might have a point on form factor. If this works Chen might deserve some credit for it.

Also, the OS was a mess. I remember not being able to sync with outlook using a USB cable. Was not good.

Now Blend is unique and a killer app.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 01:24 PM

Neither have l.

Just another anecdote.

You mean all one of your friends have never seen BlackBerry 10 in use, tell him to open his eye.

Posted via CB10
    Toodeurep likes this.
    04-02-15 01:53 PM
    I was just in Verizon yesterday and the sales guy said that he's sold "a number of the new BlackBerrys", this is remarkable because of the location. I live where upstate NY and the suburbs of New York City meet, not exactly the place you would expect to find "a number" of BlackBerry buyers.

But as I've been saying since the launch of the Z "the problem with BlackBerry is the software, not the form factor". The Bold form factor is perfected and will always be in demand. BlackBerry made a mistake by not launching the Classic first and instead messing around with "modernizing" themselves, just as Nokia made a mistake with going with Windows Phone, if they had gone with Android, Samsung wouldn't be top dog right now that's for sure

"Correct me grammar fascists! I'm ready!"
    It is always well and good in hind sight to identifies problems. I think the issue was three fold. 1) They had to develop and perfect an entirely new OS from scratch. 2) They lost sight of their core users and target audience; and 3) Hardware was improperly priced. I think all three issues have been correct and now Blackberry is starting to push technology into some very interesting directions.
    04-02-15 03:54 PM
116 123 ...