Analysts: Deutsche Telekom won't support T-Mobile financially in 600 MHz incentive auction - FierceWireless

DT won't aid T-mobile in the next auction. I'm not sure if this is any different. Did DT help in the 700MHz auction?

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 04:03 PM
    Ouch, that's going to hurt. AT&T and Verizon have war chests, and Softbank has not made any similar declarations vis a vis Sprint, I think?

I don't think TMO participated in the 700 auctions. Didn't they buy all their 700a licenses from others much later?

Edit: just how much in the red is DT? They're selling their stake in EE to BT for billions USD. Do they need the money badly, are they hoarding cash, expanding...?
    03-31-15 06:30 PM
    Looking at the wiki, you are right. Tmo bought a lot of 700MHz spectrum from Verizon.

Looking at DTEGY:US in the Bloomberg app, there is a hyphen next to P/E. In the charts, it is only the last quarter though that is negative.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 12:09 AM
    In the last spectrum bid, T-Mobile gave up less than $2 billion, Was complaining how Verizon, AT&T and Dish Network got the lions share of the bids. Remember the article about Verizon paying $10 Billion after selling something for $10.58 Billion.
    04-01-15 07:31 AM
    In the last spectrum bid, T-Mobile gave up less than $2 billion, Was complaining how Verizon, AT&T and Dish Network got the lions share of the bids. Remember the article about Verizon paying $10 Billion after selling something for $10.58 Billion.
    RIght, that was the AWS-3 auction. If AWS spectrum was sold for that much money, 600 MHz is going to be obscene.
    04-01-15 09:25 AM
    Well TMobile can sell their towers for cash and then lease them back. Oh wait, they already did that. Maybe they can sell their furniture or have a rent party.

Life is tough being number 4, or 3 depending on how you count.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 07:26 PM
    What percentage of towers is still owned? I ask because the plan for the auction has to be to raise debt (the two quarters of profit won't cover one round of auctions,) but what assets do they have? Is something as intangible as 'quarters of customer growth' considered an asset?
    04-01-15 07:46 PM
    What percentage of towers is still owned? I ask because the plan for the auction has to be to raise debt (the two quarters of profit won't cover one round of auctions,) but what assets do they have? Is something as intangible as 'quarters of customer growth' considered an asset?
    https://www.marketvis.io/stock/tmus/...osuretextblock

Well it is more complicated than I thought. They sort of hold the towers to depreciate them, but no really. Some proceeds went right back to DT, those ungrateful bodily orifices.

In the article, 7100 and 6200 are mentioned, but it isn't clear if 6200 is part of the 7100. Then you would have to know how many sites TMobile originally owned.

It also isn't clear if TMobile or the lease holder can add new clients to the sites, and who would get the proceeds. Or if now AT$T could lease space on a TMobile tower.

A lot of the rural cell sites have provisions for multiple leases. That is, they build the shack with multiple secure spaces. The sites are owned by third parties. American Tower is the best known, but there are many site owners.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 10:27 PM
    Tmobile...the BlackBerry of the Telcom industry lol!!

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 10:39 AM