Im looking for a really good icon that will take me to my areas Doppler radar on th storm
    11-23-08 04:11 PM
    hmmm i dont know if that can be done .
    11-23-08 04:15 PM
    Im guessing it cant but I had to ask,,I need somekind of weather icon that will work ..bb weather dont work with storm..
    11-23-08 05:02 PM
    The premium version of The Weather Channel for BlackBerry reads your location from GPS and opens on a map of where you are with radar and satellite images superimposed; the icon shows your current temperature plus a warning symbol if there's an alert in effect.
    11-23-08 06:02 PM
    weatherbug is free
    11-23-08 06:05 PM
    I have WXSYS on demand - I don't know the link - but it has a local doppler.
    11-23-08 06:57 PM
    weatherbug is free
    WeatherEye is another good one
    11-23-08 07:01 PM
    I have been using Mycast weather for a while. Its not free but it has decent radar and satellite viewing as well as a lightning tracker.. Type in a zip code or location and you get the latest weather data and alerts ..
    11-23-08 07:08 PM
    weatherbug is free
    i couldnt find the ota for weatherbug
    11-23-08 08:10 PM
    how about accuweather
    11-23-08 08:17 PM
    WeatherEye is another good one
    weather eye wouldnt load in my storm
    11-24-08 07:48 AM
    I found that going to my local news via shortcut icon on main screen brings up a real good radar which is actually powered in part by Weather Underground.
    11-24-08 07:57 AM
    Just found something even better!
    Go to Weather Underground (Mobile)(mobile.wunderground.com) on your BB
    Put in zip code and bookmark that page!
    11-24-08 08:06 AM
    weather.com and accuweather
    11-24-08 08:30 AM
    ive downloaded weather.com shortcut like 3 times and for some reason it wont launch
    11-25-08 05:20 AM
    ive downloaded weather.com shortcut like 3 times and for some reason it wont launch
    You mean you can't find it? Or exactly what you said...won't launch? If you can't find them, look in the download and instant messaging folder. I had a few pop up in different places, moved them and they worked fine.
    11-25-08 05:30 AM
    Ive found it it my download folder,I made a new folder and labeled it weather,I moved it there and when i click the icon I get nothing..
    11-25-08 05:32 AM
    I don't know about an icon, but one of my favorite sites for radar is:
    www . ssec.wisc.edu/data/paw (remove spaces - I can't post links yet)
    Works great on my Curve. I'd love to tell you how well it works on my Storm.... If only I had one!
    11-25-08 05:51 AM
    What about the Yahoo program thats on the IPhone? Is that a Iphone dedicated program?
    11-25-08 08:00 AM
    What about the Yahoo program thats on the IPhone? Is that a Iphone dedicated program?
    You mean Yahoo to go?
    11-25-08 08:02 AM
    Anybody know of a good aviation related weather program??? My buddy's iPhone has a program called AeroWeather and it's really nice. You pull it up and it automatically gives you the weather conditions at several pre-selected airports as well as the aviation conditions ( VFR vs. IFR, Ceiling, Visibility, etc). I already emailed the creator of that one and he said he is staying with the iPhone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-08 08:09 AM
    i use the nationl weather service on my computer so it should work on the BB. haven't tried yet.
    11-25-08 08:25 AM
    Note that there is something broken with the blackberry push EULA.... you can't accept the terms. I read elsewhere that you go to mobile.blackberry.com (on your berry) and select applications, then push at the bottom. That was the only way I could get it to work.

I got weather.com and accuweather's offerings and, IMHO, they are useless. The just show you the highs and lows for a 5 day forecast. The icon on your home screen changes to show a sun, a sun and clouds, etc., to reflect your local weather. It quickly occurs that you can just look up at the sky for that information. No quick links to radar on either. I deleted both.

Weatherbug offers something similar; if fact, very similar in its uselessless.
    11-27-08 06:02 PM
    Someone already mentioned it, but I have to agree.... Weather Underground is what we use here at work to monitor the radar while mobile, and works very well.
    11-27-08 06:13 PM
    Someone already mentioned it, but I have to agree.... Weather Underground is what we use here at work to monitor the radar while mobile, and works very well.
    I use this site too and think its excellent. On the PC, it has probably one of the best radar's on the internet that are free. Viewing this site's radar on my phone is giving me a problem. How do i get the animation to work?
    04-11-09 04:38 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD