When I make a screen shot it gets into /accounts/1000/shared... (don't know exactly now), this is in the internal device memory. This is a very bad place because you can't simply access these files using USB and you must always search for them.

My idea was to install a symbolic link from a point on my external SD card to this directory in the internal device memory so that I have easy access to these files starting from my external SD card.

Did anyone do something like that? Which tool? Would the QNX ln command allow such an operation between two different file systems?
    03-30-15 04:38 AM
    My screen shots just get sent to the camera folder as if it was photo taken with the camera, easy to access as it is for me.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 04:58 AM
    When I make a screen shot it gets into /accounts/1000/shared... (don't know exactly now), this is in the internal device memory. This is a very bad place because you can't simply access these files using USB and you must always search for them.

My idea was to install a symbolic link from a point on my external SD card to this directory in the internal device memory so that I have easy access to these files starting from my external SD card.

Did anyone do something like that? Which tool? Would the QNX ln command allow such an operation between two different file systems?
    You can symbolic (soft) link across file systems, but the file system would have to support symbolic links in the first place. I'm not sure if typical SD card file systems do.

Why not just locate the screenshot directory once, write down or cut and paste the path somewhere, then just write or cut and paste it back when needed.

Alternatively, just move a batch of screenshots to your SD card as needed.
    03-30-15 05:18 AM
    Why not just locate the screenshot directory once, write down or cut and paste the path somewhere, then just write or cut and paste it back when needed.
    Because this path can't be accessed from a mounted USB partition. You can't jump over the borders of this file system. But If I had a link in this file system I just could follow that link. (I hope.)
    Alternatively, just move a batch of screenshots to your SD card as needed.
    Yes, sure. I could. Mostly I use my BB as an FTP server to provide my files. My Linux PC is then an FTP client. Using FTP I can also navigate (browse) in both file systems and copy the files from their place to where I want. But it's irksome.
    03-30-15 06:32 AM
    Because this path can't be accessed from a mounted USB partition. You can't jump over the borders of this file system. But If I had a link in this file system I just could follow that link. (I hope.) Yes, sure. I could. Mostly I use my BB as an FTP server to provide my files. My Linux PC is then an FTP client. Using FTP I can also navigate (browse) in both file systems and copy the files from their place to where I want. But it's irksome.
    Unfortunately not. A symbolic link is just a sign post telling the OS that the file is somewhere else. The OS still has to have permission and be physically able to read it.

The best option for transferring files between a BB10 device and a PC is to use Wi-Fi sharing. BB10 includes a CIFS server that will share internal and SDCARD memory, or you can get an application like myExplorer and copy files from the BB10 to a Windows share.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2576
    baarn likes this.
    03-30-15 06:50 AM
    Because this path can't be accessed from a mounted USB partition. You can't jump over the borders of this file system. But If I had a link in this file system I just could follow that link. (I hope.)
    Well, a soft link will not allow you to access something that you otherwise don't have permission for. But it may not be a permission issue, just a information hiding one.
    03-30-15 06:55 AM
    Excuse my comment, but is Dukto a possibility for you?

http://www.msec.it/blog/?page_id=11

Works great on all platforms, even has a native BlackBerry10 app!

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59945056

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2558
    03-30-15 10:22 AM
    Just for completion: the QNX ln command doesn't allow to create a symbolic link as I wanted. It just ends up in an error message
    03-31-15 12:59 AM
    Excuse my comment, but is Dukto a possibility for you?
    No. The problem isn't the file transfer. There are many ways to transfer files. The problem is that in my case screenshot images just get into a rather uncomfortable place. My aim was to make this place much more visible and accessable.

BTW: if anyone would know a solution to configure the directory where screenshot files a placed this would be a great help.
    03-31-15 01:04 AM
    No. The problem isn't the file transfer. There are many ways to transfer files. The problem is that in my case screenshot images just get into a rather uncomfortable place. My aim was to make this place much more visible and accessable.

BTW: if anyone would know a solution to configure the directory where screenshot files a placed this would be a great help.
    Gotcha, makes sense. That is odd we have no way to configure that, you'd think that when you tell Camera to save there that screenshots would follow suit..

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2558
    03-31-15 10:17 AM
    The best option for transferring files between a BB10 device and a PC is to use Wi-Fi sharing. BB10 includes a CIFS server that will share internal and SDCARD memory, or you can get an application like myExplorer and copy files from the BB10 to a Windows share.
    OP, I just tried out Richard's suggestion and mounted the "media" share from my Z10. The "camera" folder contains all my screenshots. It doesn't get much easier than that.
    03-31-15 10:53 AM