As with a lot of you I've experienced more than a few bugs with 10.3.1. When the first 2267 update came directly from BlackBerry I immediately experienced several malfunctions including a flickering screen and other issues. When I received notification there was a small (2MB) tweak I expected it to solve the issues but they continued. Previous to all of this I was running the 1955 version from AT&T and it my Passport ran perfectly.

A flickering screen I can handle as long as I know there's a fix coming down the pipe but my biggest beef, believe it or not, was with BlackBerry Maps, it's an app I use daily as it predicted traffic back ups and alternate routes much faster than my stand alone Garmin. I won't go into detail as to what's wrong with it but it's completely useless to me now. I had hoped the 2558 update would solve my issues but my wife got that about a week ago on her Z30 and her maps are now useless too.

6 days ago I contacted @BlackBerryHelp specifically about the Maps issue, earlier today they told me that Maps wouldn't work because my carrier doesn't support the latest update. This makes absolutely no sense to me what-so-ever, my Passport was purchased directly from Shop BlackBerry and the update was pushed directly to my device. If it's true then the BlackBerry updates are dependent entirely on the carrier following suit and releasing the update themselves, so what's the point?

I checked through Sachesi and the only carrier supporting 10.3.1 for the Passport is Telus, I checked Rogers, Bell, Fido, Mobilicity, WIND and Videotron and not one of them supports 10.3.1 for the Passport. If what @BlackBerryHelp says is true, that means BlackBerry is potentially washing their hands of any responsibility for any OS bugs in current and future updates and risk alienating their shrinking client base even further.

Yes I know I could grab the current update via Sachesi, I've been avoiding it up until now, but if my wife's Z30 update is anything to go by what would be the point, it doesn't solve the issues I have and BlackBerry certainly don't seem at all keen on helping solve the issue. Besides, I shouldn't have to, BlackBerry needs to stop shifting the blame and start accepting responsibility for the updates they push to our devices.
    03-27-15 07:39 PM
    Let me guess, you spoke with "blackberry tech support" and "enrique" gave you that line.

I called last week and that's the same line I was told.
    Skatophilia likes this.
    03-27-15 07:58 PM
    Let me guess, you spoke with "blackberry tech support" and "enrique" gave you that line.

I called last week and that's the same line I was told.
    I have no idea who I spoke to, it was via Twitter, but their initials are LS. So this a line for BlackBerry now?
    03-27-15 08:00 PM
    Same here !? BBHelp say its up to your carrier ??!!??
    If i travel to ex. Canada , buy sim and get update to highest OS , then back to DK with it , my carrier dont support it what then ?
    Downgrade or what ?
    03-28-15 03:54 AM
    It is my experience, after going round and round with them for 2 weeks on an issue, that the BlackBerry folks who run the twitter account are worthless.

You are wasting your time talking to them unless you have a very basic, and I mean basic, question.

Sorry you had to experience the frustration as well.

Posted via CB10 on Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2582
    03-28-15 05:46 AM
    You took a lot of time to write such a long post and wouldn't say what the actual issue is. You don't need help here trying to fix it, do you?

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2582!
    03-28-15 07:12 AM
    BlackBerry's (or any other company's) support over twitter would not be the first place I'd go with an issue. Actually, I don't think it would even be on my list at all.

What is the problem you're having?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    03-28-15 07:56 AM
    What is the problem you are having with the Map App?

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 08:15 AM
    I am just wondering where I can report problems for my Z30 bought from shopblackberry.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 08:30 AM
    You took a lot of time to write such a long post and wouldn't say what the actual issue is. You don't need help here trying to fix it, do you?

The point of the post wasn't the bug but Blackberry's reaction to it and its obvious desire to shift the blame. The post didn't request any help regarding the bug at all.

But if you're interested here's how Maps operates since the 10.3.1 update, not just for me but for many others:

1) I switch Maps on and it always find my location immediately and accruately;

2) I select my destination and Maps pops up an icon saying it's finding the route from my location to my destination;

3) The route appears on the map and in the written directions. Both location and destination are shown accurately;

4) I hit start and it tells me it's updating the route;

5) After about 2 or 3 minutes of waiting I'm eventually told that my location cannot be found after being shown my location accurately 3 times.

Maps on my Passport is now useless to me and always will be according to BlackBerry unless my carrier releases the same updates at the same time.

Posted via CB10 using a Blackberry Passport
    03-28-15 08:59 AM
    The point of the post wasn't the bug but Blackberry's reaction to it and its obvious desire to shift the blame. The post didn't request any help regarding the bug at all.

But if you're interested here's how Maps operates since the 10.3.1 update, not just for me but for many others:

2) I select my destination and Maps pops up an icon saying it's finding the route from my location to my destination;

3) The route appears on the map and in the written directions. Both location and destination are shown accurately;

5) After about 2 or 3 minutes of waiting I'm eventually told that my location cannot be found after being shown my location accurately 3 times.

Maps on my Passport is now useless to me and always will be according to BlackBerry unless my carrier releases the same updates at the same time.

That is not my experience with maps.

Try Waze from Google Play Store (through snap). It's the best crowd-source map app.

I wouldn't trash all of BlackBerry because of one dude named LS on twitter. I've had plenty of poor interactions with excellent companies at various support levels over the years. It's hard to find good people I guess.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    03-28-15 09:04 AM
    Oh, and I've checked and the only carrier to be currently offering the 10.3.1 update for the Passport is Telus. Rogers, Bell, Mobilicity, Fido, Videotron and WIND are all showing 10.3.0.

That suggests there are an awful lot of people who are potentially going to be left out in the cold by BlackBerry is they should develop issues with their BlackBerry issued OS update.

03-28-15 09:04 AM

Cool. I get this error on my Maps app. I installed Google Maps but don't use it much since I pretty much know where I am most times.

BlackBerry Blames Carrier for OS Bugs-img_20150328_101142.png

03-28-15 09:14 AM
    It seems that you need a device specific issue. My wife's Q10 has the same issue regardless of what build I get. The GPS will locate you but maps fails to update route.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 11:44 AM
    You may try downgrading the app through Sachesi. I have had issues with the maps after an OS update and after a couple of days and it downloaded sat information it was good.

Really don't think it is an OS issue unless the GPS radio is corrupt.
    03-28-15 01:06 PM
    I have no idea who I spoke to, it was via Twitter, but their initials are LS. So this a line for BlackBerry now?
    LS = Lying Swine

Posted from the CB10 app on my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2/10.3.1.2576 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.5.6
    HotFix and Warios like this.
    03-28-15 01:25 PM

I had similar problem with my Z30 (it was telling me that location cannot be found when rout has been selected), but after latest update maps didn't load any map data at all, so I have turned off mobile network and mobile data services off, then opened BlackBerry maps it has shown some kind of an error, clicked ok, turned on my mobile network and data nack on. And BlackBerry maps now work again and no problems at all, it's fully functional again
    BlackBerry Blames Carrier for OS Bugs-img_20150328_184848.png

Posted via CB10
    anon(9169048) likes this.
    03-28-15 01:59 PM
    I had similar problem with my Z30 (it was telling me that location cannot be found when rout has been selected), but after latest update maps didn't load any map data at all, so I have turned off mobile network and mobile data services off, then opened BlackBerry maps it has shown some kind of an error, clicked ok, turned on my mobile network and data nack on. And BlackBerry maps now work again and no problems at all, it's fully functional again
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150328_184848.png 
Views:	635 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	344295

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the advice, but I've tried that method 4 times now and it didn't work for me.
    03-28-15 05:38 PM
    You may try downgrading the app through Sachesi. I have had issues with the maps after an OS update and after a couple of days and it downloaded sat information it was good.

Really don't think it is an OS issue unless the GPS radio is corrupt.
    I tried the downgrade and that didn't work either, in fact it was worse as it wouldn't locate me at all. I've had this problem for much longer than a couple of days, more like a couple of weeks and there is no sign it's "settling" back into working order.
    03-28-15 05:40 PM
    6 days ago I contacted @BlackBerryHelp specifically about the Maps issue, earlier today they told me that Maps wouldn't work because my carrier doesn't support the latest update. This makes absolutely no sense to me what-so-ever
    Yeah - it seems strange, but I encountered something similar. My mother had an unlocked device and wasn't getting updates that I had. She had no sim card and was using it around the house on WiFi. Unlocked devices with no sim-card are "lowest common denominator" devices. The second she put in a Rogers sim card, all of a sudden, she got the Rogers update, which brought her in line with my Telus device.

The SIM makes the difference. Unfortunately.
    RazzBerry likes this.
    03-29-15 03:18 PM
    I have to agree with RubberChicken76.
    I had to switch carriers in the US because my carrier didn't support even updates!
    03-29-15 03:51 PM
    So I've said this about a million times and I'll say it again..
    Reload your OS. Using BlackBerry link.
    Don't restore from a backup yet.
    Try out your maps.

I bet your problem will be solved.
    Good luck.
    And I don't suggest restoring from a backup even after that
    03-29-15 03:59 PM
    you didnt say what carrier or where you resided. i sometimes use maps to check for the best route but i dont normally click start because i know the route. i just tested to if i had your problem and i do not. im on telus in surrey bc, my passport os is 10.3.1.2708. i understand that the point of your post was to communicate that perhaps bb is passing the buck however that doesnt seems as productive as solving a map issue that may be on some devices. if anyone can solve my print to go problem, id be very grateful.
    03-29-15 04:04 PM
    I had that problem once on my Passport. Go into settings and turn off location then turn it back on and make sure that you turn OFF location based ads. That fixed it for me.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 08:42 PM
    Maps is working great for me (as it always has) - and I am running 19.3.281 beta - most certainly not supported by AT&T!

OP - you didn't state if you have done any restores in your device or your wife's device. if you have, you could have inadvertently caused some "crap" to be residing on the devices. (Many people - like myself - will never do a backup/restore using Link for that very reason.)

I suggest you do a full wipe of your devices - not just a security wipe, but a full wipe using cfp nuke or SIC, then install the latest 10.3.1.2582 using an autoloader. Then, set up your accounts, etc from scratch. Takes some time but worth the effort.

My guess is after that Maps will work fine.

Z10 /3 - 10.3.2.281 - AT&T (posted via CB10)
    03-29-15 09:37 PM
36 12