Must say love the Q10 and frankly love the BlackBerry 10 OS

So slightly confused as to what to do.

Classic is a no for me don't want to return to track pad, have moved on

Physical keyboard again like, but do have an iphone for work and like it, but don't like OS as much compared BlackBerry OS

Leap looks cheap and perhaps not a significant move forwards in spec. Z30 old and passport a no from me don't like size.

Stick with my Q10 and wait it out for another device to replace Q10 or Z30?

Q10 - 10.3.1.2582
    03-25-15 12:17 PM
    why don't you wait for the slider?
    03-25-15 12:33 PM
    Have you avtually held the passport in your hands? Played with it for more than 5 minutes?

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.2480
    03-25-15 12:34 PM
    Here are my opinions for you to consider:

Passport:
    Most powerful BlackBerry phone on the market, which you've ruled out because of the size, which is fair - it's the same reason I don't have one. That being said, most users who get it love it and say the size is great once you adjust to it.

Classic:
    The trackpad isn't the only difference between the Classic and the Q10 - the Classic has a bigger, brighter screen and a more comfortable keyboard too (with no widespread double-typing issues). Personally, I think the Classic is a worthwhile upgrade to the Q10, even though the internal hardware is pretty much the same.

Z30:
    Yes, it has been on the market for a while but it really isn't that far behind new phones when it comes to specs - it is second only to the Passport when it comes to BlackBerry hardware currently on the market. You would find it noticeably outperforming your Q10 spec-wise and is a great phone all-around.

Q10:
    You've already said you love it, if your device isn't having issues why replace it?

Leap:
    Similar specs and price point as the Z30, and it looks like a Z3? I'll pass. I don't see any big reason to hold out for this phone, it doesn't really offer you anything new that other phones already on the market don't already do from what I've seen - it just sounds too similar to the Z30 to me.

Slider? :
    If you don't like any of the options currently on the market, this might be the one you want to hold out for - it looks innovative and will hopefully have competitive specs. The only issue is, there is no guarantee as to when this will hit the market - it could be a year away.

Anyway, there's my two cents. Hope it helps!
    andysan1971 likes this.
    03-25-15 12:40 PM
    Have you avtually held the passport in your hands? Played with it for more than 5 minutes?

Yes I have and felt it was simply to big for one handed use.

Q10 - 10.3.1.2582
    03-25-15 12:58 PM
    Here are my opinions for you to consider:

Passport:
    Most powerful BlackBerry phone on the market, which you've ruled out because of the size, which is fair - it's the same reason I don't have one. That being said, most users who get it love it and say the size is great once you adjust to it.

Classic:
    The trackpad isn't the only difference between the Classic and the Q10 - the Classic has a bigger, brighter screen and a more comfortable keyboard too (with no widespread double-typing issues). Personally, I think the Classic is a worthwhile upgrade to the Q10, even though the internal hardware is pretty much the same.

Z30:
    Yes, it has been on the market for a while but it really isn't that far behind new phones when it comes to specs - it is second only to the Passport when it comes to BlackBerry hardware currently on the market. You would find it noticeably outperforming your Q10 spec-wise and is a great phone all-around.

Q10:
    You've already said you love it, if your device isn't having issues why replace it?

Leap:
    Similar specs and price point as the Z30, and it looks like a Z3? I'll pass. I don't see any big reason to hold out for this phone, it doesn't really offer you anything new that other phones already on the market don't already do from what I've seen - it just sounds too similar to the Z30 to me.

Slider? :
    If you don't like any of the options currently on the market, this might be the one you want to hold out for - it looks innovative and will hopefully have competitive specs. The only issue is, there is no guarantee as to when this will hit the market - it could be a year away.

Anyway, there's my two cents. Hope it helps!
    Thanks for your detailed analysis. Agree with your findings but still I am on the fence what to do - stick with Q10 or twist but twist to what I remain unsure with.

Q10 - 10.3.1.2582
    03-25-15 12:59 PM
    why don't you wait for the slider?
    Never liked slider type handsets. but appreciate the suggestion anyway. Thx

Q10 - 10.3.1.2582
    mkelley65 likes this.
    03-25-15 01:02 PM
    Yes I have and felt it was simply to big for one handed use.

Q10 - 10.3.1.2582
    Dont think it was intended for one handed use. Some people can (with big paws), I can do a few things but usually use two hands! I was a one hand Q10 user for over a year. The Q10 and Q5 seem like kid toys now when I am holding them

03-25-15 01:04 PM
    Honestly the Classic still looks like your best bet. The trackpad isn't mandatory for use and it's a nice physical keyboard phone. It also has a nice beefy battery.

Other than that, just stick with Q10's and maybe even a new Q5 as they are often a unsung hero.

Posted via CB10 on Q10.
    03-25-15 01:14 PM
    The Passport is beautiful if you don't mind the physical keyboard, 1:1 aspect ratio and two-handed use.

I personally am going to head to SIM only and wait to see what comes out (or until my Z10 parts with its physical form).

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 01:37 PM
    Dont think it was intended for one handed use. Some people can (with big paws), I can do a few things but usually use two hands! I was a one hand Q10 user for over a year. The Q10 and Q5 seem like kid toys now when I am holding them

I like one handed use devices, like the iphone. As for Q10 being a kids toy - have to disagree, but get your meaning I hope in that it feels perhaps old now, like any phone over 2 yrs old but still a good device impo

Q10 - 10.3.1.2582
    03-25-15 01:44 PM
    The Passport is beautiful if you don't mind the physical keyboard, 1:1 aspect ratio and two-handed use.

I personally am going to head to SIM only and wait to see what comes out (or until my Z10 parts with its physical form).

Posted via CB10
    I think you may have hit the nail on the head with your final remark - perhaps SIM only is way forward until another device drops

Q10 - 10.3.1.2582
    03-25-15 01:45 PM
    I'm a q10 user, used to be a torch user. My upgrade is this summer and you can bank on me getting the new slider! That's what I wanted when I got the q10 2 years ago when there wasn't a better option. Lol

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 01:46 PM
    I got my Q10 within days of it being available and just got a Passport on Thursday of last week. There is a retraining of the hands and muscle memory but I'm getting there. In all respects the passport is an outstanding device. Having said that, if your Q still meets your needs and you have no real desire to make a change then stick with the Q.

For me the switch has proven to be the right move.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 01:48 PM
    I got my Q10 within days of it being available and just got a Passport on Thursday of last week. There is a retraining of the hands and muscle memory but I'm getting there. In all respects the passport is an outstanding device. Having said that, if your Q still meets your needs and you have no real desire to make a change then stick with the Q.

For me the switch has proven to be the right move.

Posted via CB10
    Glad you liked your switch.

Q10 - 10.3.1.2582
    03-25-15 01:50 PM
    Android or ios ?!

S\

Q10/SQN100-3
    03-25-15 02:04 PM
    If your Q10 is working for you, why upgrade? Keep the phone and try to negotiate a cheaper plan given that you've paid the phone off on your current plan. I've personally never been one to upgrade for the sake of upgrading. If it still does the job then I'll use it until it dies, or I'm no longer happy with it, or I'm tempted by the shiny new phones out there. But I'm rarely truly tempted by shiny new stuff unless it represents a significant upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 09:51 PM
    Thought I would pop in to my local carphone warehouse to check again the 'passport' they don't even stock it

Kinds of tells me something hhmm

Q10 - 10.3.1.2582
    03-26-15 06:19 AM
    Can you borrow or try out a passport for a few days? I have been using touch screen phones for years, but have had the chance to use a passport for a couple of months, and if I had to replace my z30, I am pretty sure that I know what I would buy. Will admit that the size of the passport can be off-putting, but it is an amazing device.
    Good luck in your search

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 09:14 AM
    Must say love the Q10 and frankly love the BlackBerry 10 OS

So slightly confused as to what to do.

Classic is a no for me don't want to return to track pad, have moved on

Physical keyboard again like, but do have an iphone for work and like it, but don't like OS as much compared BlackBerry OS

Leap looks cheap and perhaps not a significant move forwards in spec. Z30 old and passport a no from me don't like size.

Stick with my Q10 and wait it out for another device to replace Q10 or Z30?

Q10 - 10.3.1.2582
    The Q10 is definitely a Great device, loved mine and still have as a backup... after 6 weeks of rocking my new Passport, it's definitely Greater!! Remember, satisfaction is in the hand of the holder!!

Posted from my Kick@ss AT&T Passport.
    andysan1971 likes this.
    03-26-15 10:29 AM
    Tricky situation indeed! Keep your phone and negociate a cheaper plan.

Or

Get an iPhone and sell it for cash!
    03-26-15 10:44 AM
    On the hunt for a shop with passport demo. My search to test (again) the handset comtinues.

Thanks all for the views!

Q10 - 10.3.1.2582
    03-26-15 11:07 AM
    On the hunt for a shop with passport demo. My search to test (again) the handset comtinues.

Thanks all for the views!

Q10 - 10.3.1.2582
    I've seen one in a local o2 shop! (I was surprised)

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 12:47 PM
    I've seen one in a local o2 shop! (I was surprised)

Posted via CB10
    Location - LOL

Q10 - 10.3.1.2582
    03-26-15 03:06 PM
    Location - LOL

Q10 - 10.3.1.2582
    Smoothie.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 08:19 PM
46 12