This is not a swipe at Blackberry but at mobile phones in general: what annoys me is that I have a number of miobile phones, BB Classic, BB Z30, BB9790 etc and I love them, but the Classic requires a nano sim whereas the others require a micro sim. Now I can't begin to tell you that using an adapter just doesn't always work! I have ruined my Z30 by using an adapter and now my 9790 won't register the nano sim! This is just so frustrating, why do phone companies keep changing the sim card size? Is this designed to make us go out and buy new phones only to find that we can't really use the simin any other phone unless it takes the same sized sim card? This is so frustrating to me, anyone share my frustration at all and what can be done other than use an adapter?
    03-24-15 10:32 PM
    Why don't you just get a nano and micro SIM card?

ATT will let me switch phones as long as the other one is turned off. Just be up front with the carrier. Take both phones in and test them before you leave.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 12:29 AM
    It takes some experience using adapters. They aren't as simple as they seem.

I remember lending a bold 9900 to a friend and her carrier couldn't switch the data to Blackberry data. I had used an adapter to fit the micro sim in the Bold. After getting the phone back, I opened the Bold only to realize that they stuck the adapter in without a sim inside the adapter. This caused the pins to get stuck in the part where the micro sim rests. It took some careful maneuvering to remove it without causing any damage.

maybe the best solution is to use a proper nano sim (not a micro cut down) and an adapter bought from an electronic retailer. That way you know everything fits together nice and snug.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 12:58 AM
    I'm in Australia and not sure if our carriers will allow us to have 2 sim cards for the one service but certainly worth a try. I'll see how we go.
    03-25-15 09:34 PM
    I'm in Australia and not sure if our carriers will allow us to have 2 sim cards for the one service but certainly worth a try. I'll see how we go.
    As long as you have one phone off why would it matter?

Good luck it is worth a try. I called ATT in USA, because I was thinking about buying a Passport for my wife, but since she is so hard to change I thought it might be good just to use it as a tablet until she got use to it.

The Slider has my curiosity so I'm going to wait and see what the specs are. Before I leap

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 10:23 PM
    I rang my carrier, Vodafone, and NO, I can't have 2 sim cards for the same service.
    03-26-15 10:32 PM
    I rang my carrier, Vodafone, and NO, I can't have 2 sim cards for the same service.
    Try putting the SIM in the spare phone and using the same ID. It that will work just go to your carrier and get another SIM.

In my case I did my quarry on a live chat. Then printed the chat for proof.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 03-27-15 at 11:26 AM.
    03-27-15 01:45 AM
    It's all apple fault.
    If they don't put a nano sim, that means users coming from iPhone 5 onwards wouldn't be able to use this phone (typical apple locking)

For example my operator will give a free change to a nano sim, but have to pay 20 euro if you want to do the opposite

Posted via Z10
    03-27-15 02:37 AM
    It's all apple fault.
    If they don't put a nano sim, that means users coming from iPhone 5 onwards wouldn't be able to use this phone (typical apple locking)

For example my operator will give a free change to a nano sim, but have to pay 20 euro if you want to do the opposite

Posted via Z10
    I know people have left negative feed back on SIM adapters, but I have good luck with them. I use the machined aluminum ones, under $10 on Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 11:29 AM
    Everybody is transitioning to nano-SIMs now. But it all started with Apple and the iPhone.
    03-27-15 12:23 PM