I am new to Z10 use and really need step by steps instructions please!! Thank you
    03-24-15 12:19 PM
    you need to find the sound file or ringtone first. Try Zedge. then either copy to your phone or email to yourself and save to your phone. Then go to settings/notifications/ and choose the profile you want/custom applications and find the phone and navigate to where the sound file is.
    FF22 and Centerman66 like this.
    03-24-15 12:30 PM
    you need to find the sound file or ringtone first. Try Zedge. then either copy to your phone or email to yourself and save to your phone. Then go to settings/notifications/ and choose the profile you want/custom applications and find the phone and navigate to where the sound file is.
    Zedge is cool. Another nice thing added to my life by Jaydee. Props to you!!!
    FF22 likes this.
    03-24-15 01:31 PM
    Get the android app ringdroid, download the song from Internet, then cut out the parts you want...I have that as one of my ringtones....big fan of Ennio Morricine

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 06:27 PM
    I just bought it from Google Play and loaded it through Snap.
    The official GBU ringtone only works on devices with 10.3.1
    Good luck.

Caper in Toronto.
    03-25-15 08:52 PM
    If you own the song, put it on your SD, find it under music, play it, set as ringtone.
    03-26-15 01:19 AM
    But is there also a way of not showing the added ringtone in your music player?

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 04:17 AM
    I'd you find the file, you can long press and select set as ringtone. Now that will be the ringtone for all callers.
    How do I load a ring tone such as The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly to my phone?-img_20150326_054518.png

For unique ring tones for different contacts, that varies based on what OS you are running.

10.3.1.2558 looks to have revived the Pebble Batteries.
    03-26-15 04:48 AM
    But is there also a way of not showing the added ringtone in your music player?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, place it in a Folder that has a file called

.nomedia

Yes, there is a dot or period as the first character.

It can be an empty file.

You can place other media files including photos or videos in there. They will not show up in the Media opening apps (but will in File Manager and certain other apps)
    ppeters914 and assk like this.
    03-26-15 09:33 AM
    Yes, place it in a Folder that has a file called

.nomedia

Yes, there is a dot or period as the first character.

It can be an empty file.

You can place other media files including photos or videos in there. They will not show up in the Media opening apps (but will in File Manager and certain other apps)
    Thanks for the tip but when I try to make folder as .nomedia it says you can start with '.' please let me know is there any other way of doing that I mean hiding Ringtones and photos

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 11:54 AM
    Thanks for the tip but when I try to make folder as .nomedia it says you can start with '.' please let me know is there any other way of doing that I mean hiding Ringtones and photos

Posted via CB10
    NOT the Folder.

Create a FILE with that name and place it in any folder where you can store media items you don't want to show in Music or Photos or Video.

You can create any new Folder and place that .nomedia file and the other files in it. Now when you want that tune to be a ringtone, you have to browse to that folder and that file.
    03-26-15 12:24 PM
    NOT the Folder.

Create a FILE with that name and place it in any folder where you can store media items you don't want to show in Music or Photos or Video.

You can create any new Folder and place that .nomedia file and the other files in it. Now when you want that tune to be a ringtone, you have to browse to that folder and that file.
    Thanks for the reply.

Please let me know how can I make a file with that name because when I rename an item or save document in that name it gives error

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 02:46 PM
    Thanks for the reply.

Please let me know how can I make a file with that name because when I rename an item or save document in that name it gives error

Posted via CB10
    You might have to create it or rename it on a computer. I just created it in Notepad on my Win computer and then renamed it, dropping the txt extension.

I tried attaching it to this message but could not - probably because is it ZERO bytes in size.
    03-26-15 06:18 PM