i called verizon and said my lower half of the screen stoped clicking and therfor making my storm unuseable i need it for work ASAP and they said sorry to hear that the closest date they can send one out is the 15th ish but the new customers will take priority. this is bull ****.
    11-23-08 02:45 AM
    Perhaps they phrased it wrong and meant orders that have already been placed would have priority over a replacement order?
    11-23-08 02:47 AM
    Perhaps they phrased it wrong and meant orders that have already been placed would have priority over a replacement order?
    Agreed, I'll wager this is what they meant
    11-23-08 02:49 AM
    i called verizon and said my lower half of the screen stoped clicking and therfor making my storm unuseable i need it for work ASAP and they said sorry to hear that the closest date they can send one out is the 15th ish but the new customers will take priority. this is bull ****.
    Aww sooks say it ain't so!!! This seriously breaks my heart!! When did it start doing that??? You were a rocknrolla earlier!!!
    11-23-08 02:50 AM
    so i am stuck with a non working storm for the next 20 ish days ?
    11-23-08 02:52 AM
    And btw...to answer the thread topic, CAN they do it to you? Yes, from the sounds of it in this situation any individual you speak with will very likely have their hands tied.
    11-23-08 02:52 AM
    Aww sooks say it ain't so!!! This seriously breaks my heart!! When did it start doing that??? You were a rocknrolla earlier!!!
    about hour and a half ago..
    11-23-08 02:53 AM
    If it just started a bit ago I would wait until morning to go through data support first before you there's too much freaking.
    11-23-08 02:55 AM
    what can data support do for me ?
    11-23-08 02:58 AM
    I don't actually know...but their stock may be different since you already have one and it turned out to be doin' what it's doin
    11-23-08 03:00 AM
    And regardless, I believe any sort of replacement should have to go through data support.

Edit: unless it's worry free guarantee.
    11-23-08 03:01 AM
    Sorry to hear you got a DOA phone. Things like that happen sometimes, unfortunately, albeit very rarely.

Do you really *need* the Storm for your work? Why not switch back to your old phone temporarily until they can ship you a replacement Storm?
    11-23-08 03:01 AM
    Yes and no ... but i dont have an old phone any more .... gave it to my brother ... damn ... lol.....
    11-23-08 03:03 AM
    Have you tried the standard battery pull etc? I might even try reinstalling the OS, cant get worse right?
    11-23-08 03:05 AM
    Plead with the manager at a store or call up customer service and see if they can get you a loaner phone until you get a replacement Storm. Due to the circumstances and the mess-up of the Storm launch, I'm sure they'd be willing to.

Of course, this is after you get your phone "troubleshooted" by a data rep.
    11-23-08 03:09 AM
    its not the software its the physical CLICK there is no click almost like the bottom half of the dome went out ??
    11-23-08 03:09 AM
    Yikes, sorry to hear that dude...I was thinking it was just the touch that was the problem. I'd still go through tech support and see what they have to say about replacement stock it might not turn out any different but it doesn't hurt to see what the deal is.
    11-23-08 03:11 AM
    ughh... kk .. i just want a working storm and WORD OF WARNING before this happend My BOTTOM LEFT of the screen was very hard to push and had no Click , now the entire bottom. hmmmm
    11-23-08 03:14 AM
    You know, up until now I had never thought about what would happen if I needed to replace my Storm due to defects, with the whole distribution delay and all. I hope nothing goes wrong with mine before more are made available.

Best of luck to you, sooks. Let us know if you find a way to get one earlier.
    11-23-08 03:15 AM
    i will try ... ugh... anyone know of ANY way around this ?
    11-23-08 03:18 AM
    I called customer service and they could give a replacement BUT it's a refurbish phone and you don't want that.
    11-23-08 03:20 AM
    i will try ... ugh... anyone know of ANY way around this ?
    Find a store that has them in stock and WFG it...if they'll let you.
    11-23-08 03:20 AM
    isnt customer service closed now ? when i called for a second time it was idk.. 11 ish and it said it was closed.. or atleast 611 was ..
    11-23-08 03:21 AM
    Find a store that has them in stock and WFG it...if they'll let you.
    Sadly called a few verizons and all of them said theses words " The stom is sold out nation wide and wont be avaiable until December 15th"

**** me
    11-23-08 03:22 AM
    I called customer service and they could give a replacement BUT it's a refurbish phone and you don't want that.
    At this point a certified like new replacement would be so why? Probably because someone who hated it returned it, or someone who had a test version with a previous software version didn't need to test it anymore.
    11-23-08 03:22 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD