I know a lot of you guys don't want to see another long email about the points all the reviewers already made time and time again. I get it. Let me summarize by saying that almost all the things everyone keeps saying is true and depending on the device your coming from, you might either love or hate it.

Let me also summarize my personal feelings by saying the following

Biggest Love: the build quality. Saying it's solid or heavy is an understatement. I've never used a phone that felt like this. It feels absolutely amazing.

Biggest Hate: blackberry assistant tends to over complicate things sometimes. When you type in something to search in google, and BlackBerry assistant thinks you want something else, you can't search on the web. Example: you type in McDonald's you can no longer search google, you can only search BlackBerry maps.

Biggest Surprise: The screen. It's technically lower PPI than the z30 and Q10 but the LCD is so much brighter that everything pops. The bigger size moves it just passed the issues I had with the Q10.

So what I did want to say that's different is how this device makes me "feel". Needless to say I love it, even knowing it doesn't have the same horsepower as my z30 or other flagship. I feel so comfortable with the keyboard, screen and toolbelt that I don't question also needing my laptop or a tablet in meetings. I never felt this way about my Z30 or Q10. Either the screen was too small or I needed a physical keyboard again.

Given the above I want to use my classic more and more. I want to hold it, and find more reasons to use it. I never feel that way about my full touch devices. I know that sounds ridiculous but it's true. I don't understand how a form factor could change so much about how I feel about a phone. I feel that way about this device. I've been using this 2 weeks and I think it has real potential to be my favorite device ever. Better than my beloved Palm Pres, my Z30, my iphone 4 and my few android devices. It's that good for me.

In case you were wondering, I'm not having any lag issues or battery issues. The Z30 lasted me a little longer and was a little faster but really, it's not anything major.

Hope you guys are feeling the same way. Oh and I'm still getting the slider. Nothing can keep me from that.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 08:09 PM
    Nice post. I've been debating between the Classic and Passport. Finally had a chance to hold both at a local ATT store and the Passport was very cool and unique but that Classic felt oh so familiar. And I mean that in the best way possible.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5061193) and thymaster like this.
    03-15-15 08:18 PM
    Great post.

I just got my classic a few days ago and am really getting used to it. Especially the bright, crisp screen.

What battery issues were you having? I just went through my first full day with it on Verizon's network and it's at about 7% right now with mild use, though I did use the FM radio for about an hour. I used to get twice as much on the 9900 (but not sure if the FM radio was the issue). And, it was running very hot for a while even when I wasn't using it....now it's cool again. Finally, the battery gauge is random. When I first launch it, it only goes back as far as that moment, but later in the day it will show the change since that launch. Not sure when or if it will ever reset again.
    03-15-15 08:19 PM
    Great post.

I just got my classic a few days ago and am really getting used to it. Especially the bright, crisp screen.

What battery issues were you having? I just went through my first full day with it on Verizon's network and it's at about 7% right now with mild use, though I did use the FM radio for about an hour. I used to get twice as much on the 9900 (but not sure if the FM radio was the issue). And, it was running very hot for a while even when I wasn't using it....now it's cool again. Finally, the battery gauge is random. When I first launch it, it only goes back as far as that moment, but later in the day it will show the change since that launch. Not sure when or if it will ever reset again.
    No battery issues. I just noticed that my z30 would get me to bedtime at about 20% left and my classic might get me to bedtime with a little less. There's likely a bunch of reasons but still within reasonable performance.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 08:32 PM
    This is my battery usage. Been using the classic since its first day of release in the UK love it
    My Classic Review - a different angle-img_20150316_015026.png
    My Classic Review - a different angle-img_20150316_015030.png

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 08:51 PM
    I'm right with you spork, I don't get how this little change in screen size and construction can make this phone so much better than the Q.

I was never all that excited about the trackpad, and the back and BlackBerry buttons. (send/end are the greatest and we're my main reason for wanting the classic). But I'm amazed at how much I love the back button and the trackpad for editing and Web browsing. I still use the touchscreen for most gestures but the toolbelt has surprised me with its usefulness.

I'm two weeks in now, and the battery has been great, and I haven't noticed any lag anywhere. I don't get some of the bbos complaints on the lag?

I was a little worried about it being to big, but it hasn't been a problem yet.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 09:05 PM
    I'm right with you spork, I don't get how this little change in screen size and construction can make this phone so much better than the Q.

I was never all that excited about the trackpad, and the back and BlackBerry buttons. (send/end are the greatest and we're my main reason for wanting the classic). But I'm amazed at how much I love the back button and the trackpad for editing and Web browsing. I still use the touchscreen for most gestures but the toolbelt has surprised me with its usefulness.

I'm two weeks in now, and the battery has been great, and I haven't noticed any lag anywhere. I don't get some of the bbos complaints on the lag?

I was a little worried about it being to big, but it hasn't been a problem yet.

Posted via CB10
    Yup I was so worried about the lag. It hasn't showed up yet. Once or twice I noted how my typing took a second to show up in assistant but that's about it.

I assume something in the OS hasn't been optimized and certain situations trigger it.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 09:33 PM
    I just typed in McDonald's in assistant and I am able to select Google as the search engine.

Seems fine to me :/

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 03:49 PM
    I just typed in McDonald's in assistant and I am able to select Google as the search engine.

Seems fine to me :/

Posted via CB10
    It was an example dude. For your benefit I tried Dennys and attached a screenshot. See, no google

My Classic Review - a different angle-img_20150317_171341.png

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 04:14 PM
    It's in your extended search settings, dude. For your benefit I've attached a screenshot of where you could find this settings.

Thanks.

My Classic Review - a different angle-img_20150317_172300.png
    My Classic Review - a different angle-img_20150317_172247.png

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 04:23 PM
    But I looked there and my classic doesn't have those options "google, yahoo, bing," etc.

See:

My Classic Review - a different angle-img_20150317_180545.png

It's not underneath either (grumble)

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 05:07 PM
    Mine is the same...no google/yahoo/bing.?

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 05:40 PM
    This was an issue in the past with a lot of leaks. Probably just the OS you guys got. It's not the phone though.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 05:47 PM
    Mine doesn't have it either...
    03-17-15 05:52 PM
    It's on my Classic too. I use Assistant a lot and have been pleased with it. We have an S5 and the Google voice search is touch and go too.

My Classic Review - a different angle-img_20150318_072641.png

Posted via Classic
    03-18-15 07:27 AM
    How is it that some have Google / Bing / Yahoo choices and some of us don't....using the same exact brand new phone?

To narrow this down....mine....without those choices, is a Verizon branded phone. 10.3.1.941 SQC100-3
    03-18-15 07:57 AM
    How is it that some have Google / Bing / Yahoo choices and some of us don't....using the same exact brand new phone?

To narrow this down....mine....without those choices, is a Verizon branded phone. 10.3.1.941 SQC100-3
    Mine is verizon too. Anyone have any input here. It really would fix my main complaint.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 10:47 AM
    I have the options for Google, bing, yahoo in extended search. Sasktel Classic SQC100-4 on 10.3.1.1581.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 02:02 PM
    10.3.1.1448. Stock Verizon afaik

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 02:35 PM
    So far it looks as if no one on Verizon has it so far.
    03-18-15 06:03 PM
    I have it and on Bell.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 09:06 PM