i cant seem to delete all the preloaded pictures and ringtones that came on my storm.

sorry if this is an obvious question, any help much appreciated.

ps: i love my storm
    11-22-08 07:02 PM
    I too would like to unlock those sample pix to remove them
    11-22-08 09:20 PM
    Does it let you delete them, or not give you the option? If it does, have you restarted your phone? I had to do that to get a ringtone I downloaded to disappear from my list, even though I had deleted it. HTH!
    11-22-08 09:37 PM
    I backed-up my phone and went through apploader to delete them, however they are not there. I want them gone, but can wait til I get them off.
    11-22-08 09:44 PM
    I went into media and explored and found the samples folder and deleted that. That removed all the media but didn't remove the references to them in the database. I'm still seeing a Sample Pictures folder, Sample Music folder, and the one mp3 file that when I try to play, says the playlist is pointing to an invalid file.

I tried to restore a backup but that didn't restore the actual media files. So I'm not sure. This is my first Blackberry.
    11-22-08 10:27 PM
    I went into media and explored and found the samples folder and deleted that. That removed all the media but didn't remove the references to them in the database. I'm still seeing a Sample Pictures folder, Sample Music folder, and the one mp3 file that when I try to play, says the playlist is pointing to an invalid file.

I tried to restore a backup but that didn't restore the actual media files. So I'm not sure. This is my first Blackberry.
    Battery pull to clear that up.
    11-22-08 10:44 PM
    Battery pull to clear that up.
    Thanks! That cleared up the sample music playlist, but I'm still seeing the Sample Music and Sample Pictures folder. Any idea how to get rid of them?
    11-22-08 11:14 PM
    You shouldn't be able to delete those folders or even the files inside them if the files are protected. Generally speaking (from past BBs), a single COD file holds all those files.
    11-22-08 11:32 PM
    Hm... I'm coming from a windows mobile device so some of this stuff is new to me. I'm not sure what I did then. I do know, however,that:

- Those files are not showing up
    - All of my factory installed ringtones are still listed, but the only sound any of them make is a quick 3 note default clip of some other file

Do you know how I can get my ringtones back? Are they really gone? On my treo it was fairly self-explanatory when something was deleted and gone but here I am not so sure yet.

Thanks!
    Last edited by synapse7; 11-22-08 at 11:46 PM.
    11-22-08 11:39 PM
    so its safe to say the custom pics etc that are preloaded stay? i really dont mind that at all :P
    11-22-08 11:40 PM
    I updated my Curve and all the preloaded pics are gone. I'd like to get them back without having to do a full restore. Any ideas? I didn't back up before the updates, unfortunately.

Mike
    11-23-08 10:06 PM
    Mike, you want the preloaded Curve pics back, right? If you wanted the Storm ones for some reason though, I can send them to you.

If you wanted the Curve ones, sorry, can't help - I only have the Storm.
    11-23-08 10:16 PM
    You know something wierd is that i changed from the Verizon Background and when i wanted to put it back i had to go through and tell it to reset the theme which messed up all of my organization
    11-23-08 10:17 PM
    How can I delete the pre-loaded ringtones from a blackberry storm 9530. If anyone khnows how please help!!!!!!!Thank you
    05-21-09 10:37 PM
    theres a program i think its called file manager pro or something like that and it lets u delete all the preloaded locked pics contact pics ringtones and sample songs and movies if i can find the link ill post it
    05-22-09 12:47 AM
    koay try this this should work if not idk look up some more on it but i tried lol

Terra Mobility - Essential Tools for BlackBerry

then you can download it and pick your device Os and stuff
    05-22-09 12:53 AM
    Use BB File Scout. You can delete the pre-loaded ringtones, pictures, etc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 01:27 AM
    Yea tho I used it to remove all that stuff n it didn't give me any memmry gain at all either way its ok I reboot at 50 and stay above 40 all day

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD