Newbie here. I have a laptop with Vista 32-bit, and I downloaded Desktop Software 4.3 from the RIM website. The software appears to install properly, but when I launch the DM program, it opens and then immediately closes. This issue is addressed on the RIM support site, and I have tried all of the suggestions to no avail.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Dave
    11-30-07 10:27 AM
    Do a restore of Windows Vista to BEFORE you installed it, and try again...
    11-30-07 11:08 AM
    Do a restore of Windows Vista to BEFORE you installed it, and try again...
    Thanks. I actually got it to work finally. I had to make sure the DM software was installed for ALL users, not just the current user. The did the trick.
    11-30-07 11:13 AM
    I am having a similar problem.
    Just received my new Dell laptop running Vista and downloaded the latest version of desk top manager.
    When I click on theDM desk top icon it asks if I want to run the program so I say yes and it runs through the entire process to installing etc.
    I restart the pc and click on the icon to open and run Dm and it does the same dance as the first time. Desk top manager never appears on the screen with icons etc....
    Has anyone else had this happen to them? If so,can you please let me know if and how you fixed it so you can use desk top manager to sync etc.
    I had the older version of DTM on my old computer and it worked just fine.
    PLEASE HELP!!
    Thanks
    BJR578....
    11-30-07 11:53 PM
    I take it you were installing it as an 'admin' and for ALL users? I'd say uninstall ALL version of Desktop Manager, and then try again...
    12-01-07 09:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD