Seems as if John Chen is willing to back up his raving about net neutrality and app neutrality with the announcement that the best bits of BlackBerry will soon be available on any platform.

What this means is, In the near future I can have what I love about my BlackBerry phone on any phone, further accomplishing what blackberry started with BB10, which is blurring the lines between android OS and BB10. I believe this line will continue to blur, until it is gone completely.

The time is almost here where you can have an android device setup with Blackberrys app suite to essentially make it a BB10 OS on an Android device. This would be without mods or dodgy programming, but straight from the manufacturer.

The future isn't hardware, it's OS. I am seeing where blackberry can take this. Look at what Microsoft did with HTC, on the HTC One M8. That phone could come with windows OS or Android, hardware that doesn't need specific software. The key thing here is that BB10 can run android apps.

Kind of makes you wonder if/when Samsung will release a BB10 device.

What do you think?

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 09:50 AM
    I think all those goodies are BES12-only. Don't expect to find any of that in iTunes or Google Play anytime.
    03-06-15 10:22 AM
    Seems as if John Chen is willing to back up his raving about net neutrality and app neutrality with the announcement that the best bits of BlackBerry will soon be available on any platform.

What this means is, In the near future I can have what I love about my BlackBerry phone on any phone, further accomplishing what blackberry started with BB10, which is blurring the lines between android OS and BB10. I believe this line will continue to blur, until it is gone completely.

The time is almost here where you can have an android device setup with Blackberrys app suite to essentially make it a BB10 OS on an Android device. This would be without mods or dodgy programming, but straight from the manufacturer.

The future isn't hardware, it's OS. I am seeing where blackberry can take this. Look at what Microsoft did with HTC, on the HTC One M8. That phone could come with windows OS or Android, hardware that doesn't need specific software. The key thing here is that BB10 can run android apps.

Kind of makes you wonder if/when Samsung will release a BB10 device.

What do you think?

Posted via CB10
    No, it makes you wonder how much longer BlackBerry will release BB10 devices....

But it is a smart move if the software team can pull it off.
    03-06-15 10:38 AM
    You've gotta be kidding... right?

Flickering screens
    Bricked Z30's
    10.3.1 pulled back

Sure hope Chen doesn't get his way for the future.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 10:42 AM
    You're taking a limited idea and running wild with it. The future of Blackberry technology will probably be in iOS and Android apps, devices, and other infrastructure not is the mobile OS.
    03-06-15 10:48 AM
    Microsoft has something much bigger brewing with Windows 10 being unified across devices.

Expect to see organizations dumping iDroid based phones and tablets in 5...4...3...

I also think this will prove difficult for BlackBerry and BES as IT departments will be able to better manage mobile Windows devices from their Windows servers.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-06-15 10:49 AM
    Microsoft has something much bigger brewing with Windows 10 being unified across devices.

Expect to see organizations dumping iDroid based phones and tablets in 5...4...3...

I also think this will prove difficult for BlackBerry and BES as IT departments will be able to better manage mobile Windows devices from their Windows servers.
    I bought a very basic and cheap Windows 8.1 tablet.... have to say it has kinda impressed me. I can see Windows 10 and some of the midgrade Windows Tablets being very useful in the enterprise world. The Surface Line up is also going to be very interesting to see.

But I do think that whoever can manage "all" devices and do it well is going to end up owning the enterprise EMM market.
    03-09-15 09:26 AM
    Apps or a suite of apps do not= OS. You'll still be using android.
    03-09-15 09:31 AM