Received my new Z30 on Monday and have been extremely impressed with it. Loaded the new update and haven't put the phone down. I am little over a year late to the party so missing a few important articles/points here on CB.

So calling on the nation for help. What are some good/essential apps that Z30 owners have? A good music/video app? Productively and ereaders? And any others that you can think of.

Also, Blackberry Assistant is brilliant, but wanted to know if there was a way to call it up without pressing the 'search' icon? For example, Google Now uses 'Ok Google...', is there something like that?

What's a good browser for BB10?

Thanks
    03-04-15 02:18 AM
    Hi.

First welcome as a new Z30 owner.

You can use the mute button to activate the assistant.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30 (10.3.1.2243)
    jason_sa likes this.
    03-04-15 02:26 AM
    Welcome! First, go sideload snap and you'll get access to most android apps. As for the browser, welp, haha the native browser is extremely snappy, so no need for another one. At one point, bb10 browsers were the fastest out of all OSes. What apps you need really depends on how much you rely on your phone for day to day tasks. Hub++ is a must for me, tilt 2 is awesome, golden retriever stays open all the time, and enpass enables me to sync passwords between phone and my MacBook Air. These are just the native apps though. Oh, and go get a tough case. Smashed my screen a month back. It's still at the BlackBerry care centre.

Posted via CB10
    jason_sa likes this.
    03-04-15 02:51 AM
    Oh and for reading apps, I have the android version of pocket, and the BlackBerry native app read it now. It syncs with pocket

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 02:52 AM
    Evolution browser is descent.

Posted via my Z30
    jason_sa likes this.
    03-04-15 07:04 AM
    Kalemsoft video player allows you to play a wide range of video formats (codecs) and can show subtitles. It is not cheap and there are other such players that are cheaper.

Task Manager can show and stop Android apps.

Ghost Commander can help dig a bit deeper into files and folders and can also control some Android apps.
    jason_sa likes this.
    03-04-15 08:46 AM
    You don't need much since it is a well bundled device. But as pointed, you might want to consider sideloading snap; I find turbo reader and the CrackBerry app to be a good pair as well. Last but not least if you like tweaks and customizations, then black bullet, hub browser and hub++led are definitely worth a try.

Welcome to the club...!

Zrockin'30 cracks10 berries...
    jason_sa likes this.
    03-04-15 08:59 AM
    Power tools. And get power tools.

They have a lot of little utilities packed together. Not to worry its easy on the battery. Many of the utilities you find in other apps buy have so many apps when one covers it.

Posted via CB10
    jason_sa likes this.
    03-04-15 09:20 AM
    Hi and welcome to BlackBerry,

Just a word of warning first, some people have found that their Z30 has died on them after the latest update, so until BlackBerry fixes it make sure you do not let the phone run out/low on power...

The native browser is very good it's all you really need but I do have others such as Evolution browser.

Power Tools is very good with lots of stuff in it.

ClipMan is very handy.

rad.io is a global radio app.

BlackBerry Travel good if you travel.

bPod is good for podcasts.

Ultimately Backup is good for backing up stuff.

SoundHound is good if you want to know names of songs that are playing.

SuperTube or FastTube are good for you tube.

And yes I would install Snap too.
    There's all kinds of stuff out there.

Take care

www. carm. org
    jason_sa likes this.
    03-04-15 09:44 AM
    how do you sideload snap and what is snap good for
    03-04-15 09:51 AM
    There are 2 ways:
    Take your pick;
    How to use Snap on BlackBerry 10 to install Android APK files | CrackBerry.com Requires sideloading.
    or
    How to get Android apps on BlackBerry from the Amazon Appstore | CrackBerry.com Easiest.

Music player bar none: Neutron in Blackberry world.
    03-04-15 10:16 AM
    For games I downloaded bard's tail - full rpg and the dialog is hilarious.

I also have sketchbook which is pretty good if you like to draw/sketch.

Pimp slappin iGeeks, Droinerds and Windufuses with my big white Z30
    jason_sa likes this.
    03-04-15 10:26 AM
    Thanks to all the members for the great suggestions, been downloading all of them to make a great phone even better. Snap was a great app to get, coming from Android, the selection of apps was one thing I thought I was going to miss. It feels good to be back to BlackBerry.

Kalemsoft was the most used app on my PlayBook so glad it's back on the Z30. The screen looks fantastic for movies during short breaks at Varsity.

Will try all the other apps, and thanks again for the suggestions. CB nation is unbelievable when it comes to help.

Just one question with Assistant (might not be the right place to ask - so you can push me in the right direction), but when I ask it to type out a message, how do you use punctuation such as capital letters, question marks, full stops, etc?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 11:52 AM
    If u want free movies and free tv show to watch on your blackberry z30 u can use crackle a app for free movies works good and also if u want a game that's really god u should buy devil attorney
    03-04-15 12:07 PM
    Just say them and see if it does it or not.

I know these work because I just did it----> ?.,

www. carm. org
    03-04-15 12:10 PM