Let's start from the beginning.

Late last Wednesday I ordered my classic at full price. Overnight shipping 12 bucks! Oh boy! Will have it right after my biz trip next week.

Got shipping notice Friday. Oh boy! Will have it BEFORE my biz trip

Worked from home today to get my classic before my 830 am flight Tuesday.

10am, fedex "customer not at location" whaaaat? I've been here all day!

I call fedex. Driver will redeliver by 3

3pm fedex "customer not at location.". Fuming (no slips of course)

Take a trip in cold to FedEx on the west side nyc

6pm got my classic

7pm I set it up. Sim won't activate. Says it's locked.

Try different things until 8

Start Verizon online chat for 45 mins. No dice. They say it might be a bad sim

RUN to Union square Verizon store and get there 10 mins before closing

There an hour after closing. Lady still trying.

Back on my z30 ran out of time.

Will try classic activation again after 3 days of being teased.

Saddest story ever

Posted via CB10
    awindsr likes this.
    03-02-15 09:48 PM
    Let's start from the beginning.

Late last Wednesday I ordered my classic at full price. Overnight shipping 12 bucks! Oh boy! Will have it right after my biz trip next week.

Got shipping notice Friday. Oh boy! Will have it BEFORE my biz trip

Worked from home today to get my classic before my 830 am flight Tuesday.

10am, fedex "customer not at location" whaaaat? I've been here all day!

I call fedex. Driver will redeliver by 3

3pm fedex "customer not at location.". Fuming (no slips of course)

Take a trip in cold to FedEx on the west side nyc

6pm got my classic

7pm I set it up. Sim won't activate. Says it's locked.

Try different things until 8

Start Verizon online chat for 45 mins. No dice. They say it might be a bad sim

RUN to Union square Verizon store and get there 10 mins before closing

There an hour after closing. Lady still trying.

Back on my z30 ran out of time.

Will try classic activation again after 3 days of being teased.

Saddest story ever

Posted via CB10
    Sorry buddy for the bad luck. I would be devastated.

Posted with the unbeaten Keyboard of the BlackBerry!
    03-02-15 09:54 PM
    Yup, sorry to hear of your bummer day

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    03-02-15 09:58 PM
    That does stink, but in the interim, why not just connect wifi and get it all set up how you want? That should give you some bb gratification until you get the sim figured out. At least you have yours in hand. Mine is at home, and I'm not and won't be for a few days.
    Tomorrow is another day! Bet you cant sleep though haha

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.2267
    That does stink, but in the interim, why not just connect wifi and get it all set up how you want? That should give you some bb gratification until you get the sim figured out. At least you have yours in hand. Mine is at home, and I'm not and won't be for a few days.
    I did. And then we wiped it. If I wasn't on a plane at 830 am I would have had more time. At this point the most important part is a working phone. At least it's my z30

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 11:10 PM
    I did. And then we wiped it. If I wasn't on a plane at 830 am I would have had more time. At this point the most important part is a working phone. At least it's my z30

Posted via CB10
    Spork,

Please keep us updated.

My adventure begins today.

Safe trip

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 06:57 AM
    Wow that's a horrible experience.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 07:20 AM
    All ways something when dealing with smartphones isn't it lol. Good luck hope you get it working. Give us some feedback on how you are liking the device once its up. I have a Z30 and i am looking to switch to the passport, also considering the classic. Let me know what you think about your switch
    03-03-15 09:38 AM
    I was thinking of upgrading my Z30 to the passport or classic, however I think I will hold out for the new slider :-) go BlackBerry!

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    03-03-15 09:41 AM
    Frustrating with Fedex not connecting with you. Make some rain on that trip and come back to get that baby humming.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    03-03-15 09:45 AM
    I also had a sim card locked message. I called VZ and he had it activated in 2 minutes. I don't know why yours was so hung up!

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 10:16 AM
    If purchasing the phone for a full price, why not from shopBB directly? I calculated that it would be cheaper for me. The day the phone arrived I went to my carrier (Telus) and just ordered a sim. Additional advantage now would be updates from BB.

Posted via CB10
    wilber1 likes this.
    03-03-15 12:11 PM
    Got my phone. Setup (transferring data) was almost seamless. Had to go to a vz store to work out a sim card issue.

Couple of gripes:

Old chargers won't charge the phone. So far only the one included with it works.

Can't get dark theme on CB. EDIT figured it out. One less annoyance

The whole feel of this vs the 9900 is so different. 9900 seemed so much faster and snappier to get stuff done.

Some apps and functions are SO slow to open. Even initiating a phone call can take a few seconds.

Otherwise really like it. Definitely has tremendous potential with some updates and tweaks.

Posted via CB10
    VeryBumpy likes this.
    03-03-15 12:21 PM
    Wow that sucked.. and none of it is BB's fault either. Well unless device is defective, then you can blame them for the SIM not working part.
    03-03-15 12:21 PM
    It's Verizon (CDMA).

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 12:35 PM
    Man what huge disappointment that must have been!

Take a deep breath my friend!

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 12:36 PM
    That sucks for sure. Either there is a problem on Verizon's end or there is a problem with the device itself. I hope you can get it solved in time. I know how stupid it is to finally receive the desired device and then - bam - it doesn't work.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 12:37 PM
    Thanks for all the kind words friends. I see many others having the same issue. I'm almost happy to see other report it. My classic has no button issues or light bleeds so I don't want to exchange it. Will update post in a few days.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 12:13 AM
    I'm not having issues and I just turned off my 9930 when I activated my Classic. I'm not noticing a lag, maybe sometimes it takes a second to switch apps, but that's rare.
    I also have a Note 4 for watching movies and stuff, it's WiFi only. It's very very fast, and comparitively, the Classic isn't as fast, but I'm talking nanoseconds.
    Look at a brightside, the camera on the Classic is better than any Galaxy phones I've ever used and that's the truth. My Note 4 is just awful and there are thousands of complaints about the slowness of focusing. Not on the Classic. People will argue, but for everyday use, FB posts etc...it's great.
    Enjoy your phone and I hope these issues clear up!
    03-04-15 02:34 AM
    Hahaahaa nice story, this is something I've done before as well (driving to FedEx centre 45 minutes away from my house just to pick up the new phone personally, just because I am heading out of town the next day

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 02:38 AM
    Good luck! Let's hope it's something minor.

The Classic
    03-04-15 04:52 AM
    I just got my Verizon Classis SQC100-3 with the default 10.3.1.1481 installed. I set it up with all accounts etc and used BB Link to transfer all data etc from my Z10 to the classic. While it took a while to backup the Z10 and transfer- it was flawless and just about everything is there except Snap which I side loaded later with Sachesi. Working great ! Then I upgraded to 2267 with Sachesi last night- all good so far !

I did have the sim lock problem too- 5 min with Verizon tech support and I was flying! Stay tuned- as I told my Mrs. last night, I've been waiting years for this phone : laughing:
    awindsr likes this.
    03-04-15 11:55 AM
    Another day another piece of drama. Snow storm into NY delaying flights like crazy. God doesn't want me to have my classic. First he has me waiting a year for release, then another 5 months for Verizon availability and then fedex and then Verizon sim issues and now the gd snow.

I knew I should have brought it with me! Setting up the classic under some nice Arizona palm trees! Ahh I messed up. Can't blame that one on God.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 09:54 AM
    Another delay. 24 hours later my make up flight cancelled. Now won't get home until late tonight. Another day without classic

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 07:52 AM
42 12