Dear folks,

I got a used Q5 from a dude, who is not so familiar with BBos. The phone was at some 10.2.x, and it ran quite well, except some obvious problem with Android apps on 10.2.x. I was too eager to load a beta 10.3.1 on it, and since then came the problems. First of all, sometimes the right or the left side of the screen is not responsive, sometimes both of them. I didn't know that it's the OS or hardware prob, so that I brought it to BB service center. They reloaded the OS, which is the latest one. The phone stayed with them for one night, they said that it was fine. But the next morning, sadly they called and informed me that the problem still stayed. They told me it would take one week to get a new screen for it, so I skipped that thing. When I brought it back, both the side again appeared to work, but not as smooth as they were before. The top right corner doesn't work sometimes, and I don't know why I cannot press the "X" button to close the message when they ask us to "Add Account" in the Hub, or the message in Whatsapp which ask us to swipe from the top to see the "Whatsapp Web". Those are not much annoying, but the worst thing is that I cannot add any other languages as my input language. The list is there but all the boxes are not touchable. It's quite a pain in the *** since daily communication language is Vietnamese. I tried to go back to 10.2.1.x too, but still those problems.

Whew, such a long post! I guess. But if any of you are facing the same problem on a Q5, kindly let me know, so that I don't feel alone T_T.

Thank you for stopping by!
    03-02-15 09:19 AM
    It's obviously a hardware issue if you cant use the screen. You need to get your money back or get a different device.
    chanhdaiphu likes this.
    03-02-15 10:20 AM
    This is a one-off issue, unfortunately. I haven't heard this as a common issue in Q5, have lurked around the sub-forum since a looo oooooo oong time.
    chanhdaiphu likes this.
    03-02-15 12:39 PM
    So you also have that problem?! I have passed by some people who have the same problem with the touch screen, but it seems like it all becomes normal after sometimes o.O?! It's just frustrating that sometimes I can't press the X to close. Rest is so damn fine

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 12:43 PM