Hey guys, im expecting my Classic tmrw morning. Like a new computer, i usually perform a reformat just to remove all the bloatware that comes with the system the install what i need. Im looking to do the same with this BB classic. I dont use facebook, twitter or instagram, so i dont wish to have them on my phone. And when i eventually do need it, ill just go get the app separately at a later time.

So my question is there a different option other than Blackberry Link ? Perhaps a more advanced 3rd software than can completely wipe out the phone and then pick and choose what i want to load onto the phone?

i only want to install the bare essentials without any of the bloat. I probably will skip any "optional" softwares... any ideas ?
    03-01-15 09:00 PM
    No you will be stuck with them, just put into a folder and use when you want.
    03-01-15 09:03 PM
    You can use autoloader for os 2243/2267 for clean install but cant choose what to install or not.
    03-01-15 09:10 PM
    Facebook and Twitter were preinstalled with the OS, I think. But you can simply delete their apps from your classic after reloading your BBOS.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 09:14 PM
    I had a feeling that was whats happening since i couldnt really find any threads on this exact matter.. im fine with just putting all the crap in a folder.
    So do you think a reformat is unnecessary then i cant get rid off the bloatware ???

You can use autoloader for os 2243/2267 for clean install but cant choose what to install or not.
    What would a clean install do at this point since i wont be able to rid of the useless apps ?? What does the clean install get rid off... im thinking is its even worth my time now... sigh.
    03-01-15 09:18 PM
    Facebook and Twitter were preinstalled with the OS, I think. But you can simply delete their apps from your classic after reloading your BBOS.

Posted via CB10
    What are you using to reload the OS ?? BB Link ? or something else?
    03-01-15 09:20 PM
    I use Sachesi to remove bar files that is removable like languages and nuances that I definitely is not using like Japan or Uzbekistan languages.
    Clean up some space tho its not that much. LOL.

Posted via my SEXY RED PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    03-01-15 09:20 PM
    The BB Link.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 09:23 PM
    I had a feeling that was whats happening since i couldnt really find any threads on this exact matter.. im fine with just putting all the crap in a folder.
    So do you think a reformat is unnecessary then i cant get rid off the bloatware ???

What would a clean install do at this point since i wont be able to rid of the useless apps ?? What does the clean install get rid off... im thinking is its even worth my time now... sigh.
    The only apps you can uninstall are dropbox, Facebook, Twitter etc. But these can be deleted without a clean install.

And unlike android, BlackBerry doesn't have 'bloatware'. Android and windows have a lot of bloatware. The only 'bloatware' that BlackBerry has are carrier apps (if your carrier has any) and you can delete those just like any regular app

Posted via CB10
    Paul86 and Q10Bold like this.
    03-01-15 09:23 PM
    I use Sachesi to remove bar files that is removable like languages and nuances that I definitely is not using like Japan or Uzbekistan languages.
    Clean up some space tho its not that much. LOL.

Posted via my SEXY RED PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    gotcha.

The only apps you can uninstall are dropbox, Facebook, Twitter etc. But these can be deleted without a clean install.

And unlike android, BlackBerry doesn't have 'bloatware'. Android and windows have a lot of bloatware. The only 'bloatware' that BlackBerry has are carrier apps (if your carrier has any) and you can delete those just like any regular app

Posted via CB10
    So would you say (and everyone else reading) that performing a clean install is rather pointless ?? since its as clean as its gona get when i first turn the classic on ???
    03-01-15 09:30 PM
    gotcha.

So would you say (and everyone else reading) that performing a clean install is rather pointless ?? since its as clean as its gona get when i first turn the classic on ???
    Yes

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 09:34 PM
    Most probably your classic will be on os 1154 and then you would do OTA for os 2243/2267. So instead of doing OTA it would be better to use autoloader in order to avoid any potential issues later on.
    Paul86 likes this.
    03-01-15 09:36 PM
    Seems like autoloader is the choice around here.. I think im going to do it just for peace of mind and not be curious about it the entire time im playing with the phone.

This is the latest file for the classic right :: Z30_CLASSIC_OS_10_3_1_2267.7z ???

https://mega.co.nz/#!foAVXbwZ!bMhVyr...1jrA_DFcdRLmuc
    03-01-15 09:36 PM
    Most probably your classic will be on os 1154 and then you would do OTA for os 2243/2267. So instead of doing OTA it would be better to use autoloader in order to avoid any potential issues later on.
    agreed. thanks for the help.
    03-01-15 09:39 PM
    You can literally delete all of the ATT bloatware. I don't know what you people are talking about.

Posted via CB10
    Paul86 likes this.
    03-01-15 09:40 PM
    And if by chance it's a Verizon Classic coming tomorrow, hopefully you won't break your visual voicemail by upgrading. Otherwise, Sachesi can remove all the unneeded bars and apps. Just sayin'
    03-01-15 09:43 PM
    You can literally delete all of the ATT bloatware. I don't know what you people are talking about.

Posted via CB10
    If the Verizon Classic's bloatware is anything like the VZW 9930's bloatware, you cant.
    03-01-15 09:45 PM
    And if by chance it's a Verizon Classic coming tomorrow, hopefully you won't break your visual voicemail by upgrading. Otherwise, Sachesi can remove all the unneeded bars and apps. Just sayin'
    i dont use Visual Voicemail but thanks for the heads up.
    03-01-15 09:46 PM
    If the Verizon Classic's bloatware is anything like the VZW 9930's bloatware, you cant.
    I had a Verizon Q10. BB10 is different. There's no bloatware.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 10:27 PM
    I had a Verizon Q10. BB10 is different. There's no bloatware.

Posted via CB10
    Well I have one right now. And it comes with My Verizon, Backup Assistant, and Verizon Cloud, for starters. Not to mention 3rd-party apps like Slacker and Bing. And I for one, delete unneeded bars such as language, retail demo, first launch and whatever else I have no use for within the OS.
    03-01-15 10:49 PM
    Well I have one right now. And it comes with My Verizon, Backup Assistant, and Verizon Cloud, for starters. Not to mention 3rd-party apps like Slacker and Bing. And I for one, delete unneeded bars such as language, retail demo, first launch and whatever else I have no use for within the OS.
    That's not bloatware, not permanent anyway. It can be deleted easily. Heck unlocked BB10 comes preloaded with junk BARs anyway.

This kind of bloatware does not require an OS re-installation.

That said, I always do a clean install when I get a new phone or computer, just in case.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 07:22 AM